Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 back to Sims 3....AGAIN.

Comments

• Options
    filipe231291filipe231291 Posts: 17 Member
    I actually attempted to come back to TS3, since I still have it installed and I wanted to try to play with my Simself and doing tons of stuff, but I can't stop playing The Sims 4, quite addicting, but even know it's still limited on content, I kinda wanted to come back to TS3. Unfortunatelly, players for it it's limited, mostly for the gifting system :/
    I remember last August that I bought Fast Lane SP for a cheaper price (the rest, including the Base Game are all second-hand that I bought and all of the register codes were used, only the Fast Lane SP I bought brand new worked), I was happy, but when TS4 came, it became a little bit off :(
  • Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    @Zolt65 I actually didn't try sims 2, the one that seemed to catch my interest was 3 and by the time I heard how awesome 2 was I had invested so much time and money into 3 I didn't go to 2. Now I've been playing a lot of 4, and I still don't think I could justify paying for 2 at this point to myself since I have 4 and 3 >.<
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    SatinelleSatinelle Posts: 4 New Member
    I could never get into Sims 3, I got it and an EP but I am a definite S2 fan! I don't mind S4 and I think it does have potential but agree it was a hefty price for a game that still needs work. I tend to have bugs with it, not using mods have only downloaded two houses from gallery. It is annoying the game play feels clunky going from lot to lot. I will keep playing 4 but the temptation to load 2 is definitely strong.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    If you are used to - and prefer - Sims 2, then the move to Sims 4 is probably not such a change as going from Sims 3 to 4. I tried 4, really wanted to like it and move on from 3 but I'm mostly back in 3 again.
  • Options
    heathernewsomexheathernewsomex Posts: 1 New Member
    I have definitely gone back to sims 3, the sims 4 just seemed like such a step back and i hated the fact it's not an open world, that was the biggest downer in sims 2 and so to have it taken out in sims 3 was a god sent, even though my sims 3 takes hours to load i still would much rather play on that then sims 4
  • Options
    dusty67bdusty67b Posts: 9 New Member
    I have no interest in or intention to buy Sims 4 after all the comments, reviews and game play limitations of the latest iteration. I think EA/Origin has lost their creative edge for this game and perhaps it's run its course, which I think is sad, because I am an avowed Sims addict. I've been playing The Sims since the original release in 2000, but I'll stop at Sims 3. I had purchased all the expansion packs, etc. for The Sims & The Sims 2. I'm now slowly buying expansion packs, venues, etc. that are of interest before the Sims 3 stores closes, although there are even some Sims 3 additions that I don't find enticing or varied enough in game play to purchase, which may have been indicative of what was ahead in 4. For instance, due to the major game play bug in Sims 3 Island Paradise, I can't even play that expansion pack and there will be never be a patch.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    LPent wrote: »
    I think TS4 is mostly a game for people who like to achieve goals, one way or another. Either by collecting, reaching a certain level, finishing a career, or finishing as many (life-time) wishes etc.
    For people who are not goal oriented but like things to just happen (with some nudging here and there) it is seriously lacking and the game becomes boring quickly.
    I belong to the latter, so I switched back to TS3 mainly (with some TS2 now and then).

100% This. Generation Facebook and mobile gaming will appreciate The Sims 4. Simmers that need more "substance" and a more simulation oriented style of gameplay will find this game bad an broring.

Yep!

Yeah, the goal achievements are just the things I do to build the story around my sim and their character. The really interesting things comes out of what happens during that. I look for things that happen due to chance, or preferably cause and effect. It could be something as simple as a sim looking at another sim longer than what I think is normal, or from being captured in a picture.

Oh, yeah, she's gonna chase down this guy, even Celia can tell. ;)
    09-14-14_7-29nbspPM.png

In TS4, I had my mischief sim make a ton of enemies. I eagerly waited for the fallout.
    I am still waiting. I do not recall much happening if my TS3 sim had a Nemesis either. I was hopping TS4 would change that.
    12-09-14_11-40nbspAM.png

The only trashcan kicking to happen were the ones she kicked over.
    If this were TS2, here enemies would certainly show their displeasure.
    12-07-14_9-03nbspPM-2.png

I don't believe much happens in this game beyond the current interaction, or whoever happens to be on the current lot. I do like the nice touches like sims kissing autonomously and some other reactions, but I expected more.

Everyone outside is on ice until they are brought into play. So there isn't much world simulation going on. I wouldn't say TS3 was fantastic at cause and effect either, but the world felt more alive as far as things going on (not sim numbers) and of course having more EPs gave me more elements to work into my game scenarios. I look outside the house to see all these strange sims hanging out or walking by with no other purpose than to make the neighborhood look vibrant. I would rather see the neighbors coming and going or doing things with the objects on their properties. I would also like to visit them without a loading screen if they happen to be outside. If they are inside, fine, loading screen.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    I've clocked 113 hours into TS4... And I've had it with the game. I'll wait and see what people say about the new EP but if it's not good, or the reviews aren't good I'll probably just get rid of the game.
    421342.gif
  • Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    Not sure if this will help, but to those who are wanting to get into TS4 but aren't sure what to do, there's this forum I found called How are you playing sims 4? where someone asked some questions and a bunch of people have answered them in order to try to give new ideas for ways you can play the game. It might give some ideas on ways you might want to try playing, again just thought I'd mention it to those who are finding that they aren't having as much fun on the game but still want to give it a shot.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Yeah, the goal achievements are just the things I do to build the story around my sim and their character. The really interesting things comes out of what happens during that. I look for things that happen due to chance, or preferably cause and effect. It could be something as simple as a sim looking at another sim longer than what I think is normal, or from being captured in a picture.
    That, for me, is the core of Sims in a nutshell.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lavenderxolavenderxo Posts: 57 Member
    Tbh, I agree with you. I've tried the demo out, and I really don't like how there's only like 4 places to visit, and you just appear there?
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    edited April 2015
    I feel the same way as you do. But I don't like the sims looks in the sims 3, and that made me stick to the sims4. Otherwise I love the triat system in the sims 3, the open world, the color wheel... But I am close to maybe try and go back, because the sims 4 gets me so annoyed and bored.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I have been trying all morning to play my game, but I can't...I just keep getting bored out of my gourd, and I've tried different types of game play...from rags to riches to just having her move into a house...just can't get into it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'd rather go back all the way to The Sims 2... where some features... where... enjoyable... for me... lol

The Sims 4 is great, however, it lacks in so many of the things I've come to enjoy, the game has too many bugs, even if only on my second save, that I get too irritated to play it and Sims just won't do their tasks x.x

The Sims 3 is great, however, despite having open world, it feels bland and makes me just want to stay home with no other Sims wandering the world aside from old people, I personally prefer teleportation than taking a vehicle so that I can go to work an hour earlier and come back an hour later, the game felt less like a life simulator and more like a needs simulator.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'd rather go back all the way to The Sims 2... where some features... where... enjoyable... for me... lol

The Sims 4 is great, however, it lacks in so many of the things I've come to enjoy, the game has too many bugs, even if only on my second save, that I get too irritated to play it and Sims just won't do their tasks x.x

The Sims 3 is great, however, despite having open world, it feels bland and makes me just want to stay home with no other Sims wandering the world aside from old people, I personally prefer teleportation than taking a vehicle so that I can go to work an hour earlier and come back an hour later, the game felt less like a life simulator and more like a needs simulator.
    yeah as if in real life we can teleport here and there well, well my streets in sims 3 dont really feel empty(i aways see peoples walking here and there, not like sims 4 where we have some sort of strangers peoples which come near my house and none of the are actually from my hood(even peoples from the other town) but peoples from the houses near my house never appear like the houses are "empty"(well they where since we need a load screen to see peoples here) and last a prefer see peoples leaving they houses to come to my house or going back to they houses rater than just teleports which again is hardly any "life simulation". and what i want full of sims are the places where normally i go and aways have at last 5 to 10 sims in some cases get 30,
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »

yeah as if in real life we can teleport here and there well, well my streets in sims 3 dont really feel empty(i aways see peoples walking here and there, not like sims 4 where we have some sort of strangers peoples which come near my house and none of the are actually from my hood(even peoples from the other town) but peoples from the houses near my house never appear like the houses are "empty"(well they where since we need a load screen to see peoples here) and last a prefer see peoples leaving they houses to come to my house or going back to they houses rater than just teleports which again is hardly any "life simulation". and what i want full of sims are the places where normally i go and aways have at last 5 to 10 sims in some cases get 30,

It's all to do with preference, some people want to see what every single Sim in the world is doing and don't want realism taken away from an already unreal game while others don't mind not having to spend an extra 2 Sim hours at school or work.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited April 2015
    Had to remove TS2 to make space on my PC for TS3 as I've got it working on there now (I'm glad because I ran into a ton of graphical issues on my mac), and I've un-installed TS4 for the time being. I'm back to playing TS3 for now.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    dusty67b wrote: »
    I have no interest in or intention to buy Sims 4 after all the comments, reviews and game play limitations of the latest iteration. I think EA/Origin has lost their creative edge for this game and perhaps it's run its course, which I think is sad, because I am an avowed Sims addict. I've been playing The Sims since the original release in 2000, but I'll stop at Sims 3. I had purchased all the expansion packs, etc. for The Sims & The Sims 2. I'm now slowly buying expansion packs, venues, etc. that are of interest before the Sims 3 stores closes, although there are even some Sims 3 additions that I don't find enticing or varied enough in game play to purchase, which may have been indicative of what was ahead in 4. For instance, due to the major game play bug in Sims 3 Island Paradise, I can't even play that expansion pack and there will be never be a patch.

Have you tried using the Nraas mods? Errortrap, Overwatch and Traffic clean up all of the bad scripts and routing issues EA never bothered to fix. I use a lot of their mods and it basically turns TS3 into the game EA should have released. If you're interested here's the link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »

It's all to do with preference, some people want to see what every single Sim in the world is doing and don't want realism taken away from an already unreal game while others don't mind not having to spend an extra 2 Sim hours at school or work.
    but clam which teleport is more "realistic than take a car is completly different and absurd, he say which in sim 4 is more realistic because we can teleport...

preference a part this game is a life simulator based on our current time, if was a life simulator about "living in the future or abou living in past(like the sims medieval) then could be other thing, just because you prefer instant teleport this dont means which this make the life simulation more realistic, it's just your personnal wish to not waste time which again sorry man but real life time is really precious and you can easy waste.

by the way you have a mod which you can control time flow in sims 3 i currently using and i can say which i have all the time i need, my travels dont take more than few minutes in game time, i don't lost hours.

and the problem of lost time is a sims series issue because we can proper set how the time must flow is a fixed amount of each 1 hour im game equal to 1 minute in real life this make the game run too fast, this is a problem in all sim games.

the paradise island issues you can fix by replacing the world by one fixed or you can fix by yourself if you know how to use the world editor tool, this is some route issues and objects block.
    you can find all the worlds with fixes in mothesim site.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    s07818123s07818123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Today i am re downloading the sims 3 and I'm waayy to happy. I'm just done with sims 4 for now. Too dissapointing.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    s07818123 wrote: »
    Today i am re downloading the sims 3 and I'm waayy to happy. I'm just done with sims 4 for now. Too dissapointing.

Welcome back to The Sims 3 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    s07818123 wrote: »

Have fun!
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I still play Sims 1, 2, and 3, never stopped with the latter two. After playing Sims 4 the desire to play Sims 1 came back, so I reinstalled it. IMO Sims 1 is still better than Sims 4.

This game had the chance to be the best out of the series, but sadly it's not. And for it to even come close to the previous three, they would need to rebuild the core of the game. Which we know isn't going to happen. Adding EPs and SPs won't fix the monumental flaws that is the Sims 4. To linear. Goal driven. No longer a sandbox game. And you most deferentially can't play your way, you are forced to play the way the game was designed.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I still play Sims 1, 2, and 3, never stopped with the latter two. After playing Sims 4 the desire to play Sims 1 came back, so I reinstalled it. IMO Sims 1 is still better than Sims 4.
    This is a freaking shame. It really is. Not your opinion, but that a 15-year-old game outshines one less than a year old.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member

This game had the chance to be the best out of the series, but sadly it's not. And for it to even come close to the previous three, they would need to rebuild the core of the game. Which we know isn't going to happen. Adding EPs and SPs won't fix the monumental flaws that is the Sims 4. To linear. Goal driven. No longer a sandbox game. And you most deferentially can't play your way, you are forced to play the way the game was designed.

I disagree with nothing you said, I'd just like to know how you came to the conclusion in bold.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg