Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different Worlds/Games

In the Sims 3, when you made a new family/household, they had their own little world even if they were in the same town as one of your other families/households.

I assumed it would be the same for Sims 4, as someone who likes to have more then one family going at a time I really liked that feature in Sims 3. My first family is an actual family, a married couple and two children. I got slightly bored so I made another family in the opposite town. While playing on the new family, I see one of my children from the other family in front of the new family's house, with an adult she didn't know before.

This is kind of upsetting, because when I'm playing on one family, the other family of mine goes and meets new people on their own, and do things on their own. In the options of Sims 4, there is an option so the npc sims, the ones you don't play, age. But I can't have that active unless I want my sims to age up without me playing on them, but thats unfortunate because I would like the other premade sims to age. This has honestly turned me off from playing the Sims 4.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to copy Sims 3 style, and have them in different worlds so they don't meet eachother. I don't want my children growing up without me playing them, and I don't want my other sims to grow old without me playing, but I want the neighborhood sims to age. Having different worlds for your different families would be really nice.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There's options to play active household only. Or played households. Those are separate from aging the town as a whole.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    And you can have them in different worlds and not meet by starting a new game instead of adding them to your current one.
  • Options
    BerryswirlBerryswirl Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I know there is aging option for only my household, but as I said, I would like the other sims that are not part of either family to age. I have it set to only age my active one, but the other premade sims don't age either, and I want them to.

*Edit because you ninja'd*

How do you start a new game instead of adding them?
    Because I clicked the uh, new button but it just put them in the same world anyway
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    I know there is aging option for only my household, but as I said, I would like the other sims that are not part of either family to age. I have it set to only age my active one, but the other premade sims don't age either, and I want them to.

*Edit because you ninja'd*

How do you start a new game instead of adding them?
    Because I clicked the uh, new button but it just put them in the same world anyway

Click the + that's up in the top right-hand corner of the Main Menu screen.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BerryswirlBerryswirl Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks, I'll do that next time I'm on