Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To buy or Not to buy?

What is your opinion on this game pack? Real honest opinion, not just fangirl gush "It is Sims. It's awesome.". lol I've been debating on whether or not it's worth $20. I mainly want it to have more flippin' places to go!! Can you go anytime of day? Can you live there?
let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
*Team Seasons*
XtR6m6.png

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    *in best fangirl voice* It's awesome!

You can go whenever you want, but if you have a career then your time allowed will be based on your vacation day allotment.
    No you can't live there.

I said it's awesome because it is.
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    lol I'm not gonna lie, I actually am soooo fangirl. But these days I gotta watch my cash flow harder than I used to, so I'd rather not waste the $$$ if it's just a few new outfits/hair and a lot with tents.. Plenty of new game play?
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Lots of new game play. New herbalism skill to make concoctions of the things you collect in the new world. Which are new herbs, and new insects. There are new fish also. These are all only found in this world though.

There's lots of new interactions with the new items.

ETA: The world itself is beautiful. Do you like camping irl? Not that that really matters, but it helps to get the full enjoyment out of it.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    SimsVIP shows all of the features. It's WAY worth the $$$. :D
  • Options
    iJaiiJai Posts: 411 Member
    I would say that if you aren't into the camping theme then probably wait. It's a good pack, but I wouldn't say it's a must have. The items, build, and CAS stuff are all nice and well thought out, but if you don't plan to take your sims camping I'm not sure what you'd do with Granite Falls. Overall, the game packs are welcome change over stuff packs, way better value, but still if you aren't into the camping theme $20 might not be worth it for just the build, buy, and CAS stuff.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    For the buy/build/CAS content alone, we're getting more for the $$ than I felt like with did with a Sims 3 stuff pack. Add to that a world to visit and explore (lots of exploring to do!) and a lot of new collectibles gameplay -- including lots of things you don't have to be on vacation to do -- and it's a bargain. But if you don't like casual camping-type clothes or rustic furniture or actually going camping or renting lodges and doing stuff in nature, it might not be for you regardless.

Have to say, Maxis has set a big precedent to live up to with future new content!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Have to say, Maxis has set a big precedent to live up to with future new content!

I agree! If they are all like this then all I can say is WoW. Take my money!

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Did you saw World of Warcraft? Or wow? XD Sorry it just caught me as funny.
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

lol no. I meant WOW! I don't play any game but this one.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member

Agree completely! I am so impressed with this GP. It exceeded my expectations. I love the look of Granite Falls, and the new build/buy items - some of the items have a gorgeous Fairytale style reminiscent of decor from TS3 Supernatural. :heart_eyes: I'll say it - I'm a fangirl ;)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

lol i thought that too!
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    It all depends on what you like or have interest in. Even if you don't like camping all that much it still gives you plenty of items to use outside of the camping genre. I would buy it again if I could.