Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the mobile site down? FIXED Feb 11

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm normally logged in for quite a bit (2 weeks, I think?) so I just now noticed this problem. Out of luck for me unless I get on the computer, and switching phone browsers didn't help. I also can't switch to desktop on my phone, and the link given didn't work. Hopefully this gets solved soon!
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I've not been able to sign in from my mobile for aaages now (a couple of weeks at least), when you press "sign in" it loads for a moment but almost immediately resets to about 5% and says "Connection Problem; The page contains too many server redirects".
    Please try find a solution for this as I mostly use my phone to browse and reply.
    I have an Android running Jelly Bean, if that info helps.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Yeah, I've been having this problem for a minute as well. I have a Windows phone. It tries to load whenever I hit sign in, but then it tells me that there's a connection problem and to check my connection or the web address or refresh the page later. I can't sign in, but I can still read the forums.

I don't know if these issues are related in anyway, but sometimes I'll have a problem reading on my phone. I've only noted the same issue once on the desktop, but it's not half as bad as it is on my phone.

By phone it's almost as if when scrolling through a thread, the link to one person's profile is taking over all the comments below it to the point of even darkening out not just what said person commented, but one or two comments below them as well. There will even be a bit of a shadow over the remaining posts beneath them on the page. And no matter where I tap under a comment with that problem, it acts as if I pressed the profile link of the person who commented and I get sent to their profile page.

On the desktop, the one or two times I encountered the issue, it was as if there's a shady gray backwards letter F or E behind the person profile picture. I could still read all the posts below clearly, but I didn't click around to see if I'd get sent to that person's profile.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I've been having problems signing in on my phone and if I want to sign into a different browser it won't let me. It just sits there.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I haven't tried every time I do it ever lets me log in.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Still the same using safari and Mercury.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    This has moved to the very top of the priority list.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    CamillahaCamillaha Posts: 96 Member
    Yay! I was able to log in on mobile. Thank you for fixing it!
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Seconded - works for me now, too!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    Yay! I have had this issue for almost a month and today I was finally able to log back in. Looks like it's fixed for me, hopefully for everyone.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Works for me too! Thanks!
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    UPDATE: Yes, we rolled out a fix this morning. It should now work on all mobile devices. If you do encounter any more difficulties, please post in this thread and let us know.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    UPDATE: Yes, we rolled out a fix this morning. It should now work on all mobile devices. If you do encounter any more difficulties, please post in this thread and let us know.

It is now working again, thank you so much. :)