Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to live in Granite Falls. How would I go about this?

Do tell, because I need to live there. The other worlds are ugly and boring. GF is the only world I can tolerate.
2cr3bs9.png

Comments

• Options
    annikapilotoannikapiloto Posts: 1 New Member
    You can't live there, because it's like a real life camping lot!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    You will need to wait for someone to make a mod for that, because as of now you can't live there.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wished that I could have a sims family living there too when I was playing last night. GF is that beautiful, and peaceful. But city life can be just as beautiful. It all depends on the individual. Me, I like both worlds. :)
  • Options
    BlastboomBlastboom Posts: 175 Member
    One could always keep extending the vacation time indefinitely if your sim has enough money for that.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Blastboom wrote: »
    One could always keep extending the vacation time indefinitely if your sim has enough money for that.

This. Just go there and never leave. That's the only option for now.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have a feeling a mod will show up to do this.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    As others have said you can't....yet....I fully expect a mod out within a week or so I am hoping.

If you edit a lot BEFORE you go vacationing, you can add things like easels, computers, workbench...whatever you may need to make money while living there. The items once placed in build mode will stay there. This will allow you to make money (I suggest painting) fast enough that you would never have to leave.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Buy a lot in OS or Willow creek, bull doze it so it has nothing on it. Go to manage worlds and edit one of the vacation lots to be affordable for a daily rent. Go back to your sim and go on vacation on that lot then take up the painter, writer or gardening skills to earn money. Extend vacation indefinitely. Alternatively you could convince people to move in, then kick them out and steal their money, or have one sim that always stays home and has a job, or just use the motherlode cheat.

As others have said in this thread until someone makes a mod to make the lots buyable we have to make do with the options in the game.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yes, keep a basic lot in the other worlds and just stay at Granite Falls. I have a big lot in Oasis Springs that is mainly garden. I have left a couple of gardener sims there and now my main sim is here, he won't be leaving :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    As others have said you can't....yet....I fully expect a mod out within a week or so I am hoping.

If you edit a lot BEFORE you go vacationing, you can add things like easels, computers, workbench...whatever you may need to make money while living there. The items once placed in build mode will stay there. This will allow you to make money (I suggest painting) fast enough that you would never have to leave.

What a great idea! up_zps7e4507a7.gif
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I've moved a couple there that I intend to 'rent' forever. I guess they'll make their money from writing books or something. Unfortunately Sims living there aren't able to go to work or school so it's very restrictive. Hoping a clever modder can make it so.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I've moved a couple there that I intend to 'rent' forever. I guess they'll make their money from writing books or something. Unfortunately Sims living there aren't able to go to work or school so it's very restrictive. Hoping a clever modder can make it so.

Don't forget they can't have babies there either. I don't play the job game, but I do eventually get around to having children.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Don't forget they can't have babies there either. I don't play the job game, but I do eventually get around to having children.

Am guessing building a vacation spot in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek for baby-making honeymoons is the way to go ;)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I do not know if you ever played Vacation for TS1 or not, but it is pretty much the same. Buy the cheapest lot you can find in either OS or WC then go on vacation and never leave. You can earn money by collecting things, like fish, bugs and plants. Also making herbal remedies and selling them. Or just use the Money, kaching or motherlode cheats.

Other ways to earn money

Get a computer and do the writing and programing skills.
    I haven't played with any of cabins so I do not know if they have mailboxes or not. If not get the buyable ones from MOTS and place one on the lot. Then you can sell books to the publisher.
    Sell paintings
    Sell the wood crafted objects.

I am sure there might be other ways.

I have to agree the GF is beautiful compared to the others. I don't even play in OS all the much. I put venues and nonplayed households in there.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    You could always keep extending the vacation and invite a Sim into the household to stay behind and work.. If they need something to get a promotion, you can do a quick switch of the households to adjust then go back to your family in the Woods.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member

Yeah. I tend to think of it as "retirement". No job, no career, just enjoying the great outdoors while occasionally selling a few paintings or some woodwork decorations, or maybe a book of short stories every now and then.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Buy a lot in OS or Willow creek, bull doze it so it has nothing on it. Go to manage worlds and edit one of the vacation lots to be affordable for a daily rent. Go back to your sim and go on vacation on that lot then take up the painter, writer or gardening skills to earn money. Extend vacation indefinitely. Alternatively you could convince people to move in, then kick them out and steal their money, or have one sim that always stays home and has a job, or just use the motherlode cheat.

As others have said in this thread until someone makes a mod to make the lots buyable we have to make do with the options in the game.

This should work perfectly for you, OP.

I think the rent system is a good sign, as with a little tweaking EA can do to it, perhaps we'll get actual, functional apartments like TS2 in TS4. TS2 apartments allowed you to visit other Sims within the same apartment, which a lot would appreciate since its a closed world again in TS4.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I think Zerbu made a mod so that it becomes a normal neighborhood
  • Options
    bastilleaimeebastilleaimee Posts: 60 Member
    Just keep motherloding and extending your stay time
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Cheat... Infinite money and enable build mode and you should be golden. I built my alien sims a house on Sixam..
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Um reguarding the babies part you can try for baby in the tent but I don't know about if your on the campsite though.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    Zerbu made a mod for this. But, apparently there's a risk of it breaking your game.

So for a safer alternative, I'd follow one of the suggestions in this thread.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    valchajmervalchajmer Posts: 106 Member
    There's a couple of nice houses there that you can save while you're there for a vacation and use as your residential lots in other worlds, you just build up environment around you so it's more nature-like and use the houses from Granites. I did that in one game to test it and it worked fine. You can as well buldoze other lots in your neighborhood and customize entire world that way by re-adding households after customization (or just upgrading and changing their existing lots). All stuff from the outdoor pack is available in your inventories when you build lots. Takes a bit of time, but if you want it, I'd go that way if I were you.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2015
    There's now a mod for this: http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/129304670162/the-sims-4-mods-world-type-changes

I've used it without trouble, so hopefully, it works without problem for you too.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif