Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Packs are the future. :(

This was very smart of EA, rather than selling us full EPs that are going to sell us parts of EPs in game packs. Watch in the near future we will get other vacation destinations in other packs that we have to pay for. I fear that the days of the EP is gone, and will return once in a blue moon.

This hybrid of a expansion and a stuff pack is not a good choice, it just means that we have to pay to get more things just to make out game feel "complete"

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There are also going to be EPs
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    They already explained this. Gamepack come out every 2-3 months and Expansion packs will come out every 6 months as usual. :) I think this is fantastic! OR has so much content! Well worth the money. The new World is beautiful.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    GPs just sound like the new SPs to me, which is kind of a good thing since GPs actually seem to add things as opposed to SPs that just added a bunch of random objects that rarely did anything.

I hope EA don't release them too often though otherwise it'll feel like they're standing in front of my with their hand out begging for my money again. I really dislike that kind of attitude from companies.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    $60 for a vacation EP.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    $60 for a vacation EP.

Or like 3 $20 games for 3 differed destinations, when in Sims 3 if you had WA you could make and travel to your own vacation destination with the traveler mod.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2015
    I like it i think they did a good job with Outdoors Retreat. I feel Seasons will be the first EP to compliment it
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I like GPs. Stuff packs were like 20 dollars? GPs have more and are same price (here in US)

But I mean, I'm not gonna buy it anyways. Toddlers are my priority.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    $60 for a vacation EP.

This is what I was thinking today when I was watching Twitch livefeeds. Just shaking my head. With BV and WA we got 3 unique worlds with unique activities and a crapton of new stuff for $30 and $40 dollars respectively. Now here we are basically being sold each world separately for $20 each, with vastly less content and being told it's a bargain.

Pull the other one.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    $60 for a vacation EP.

This is what I was thinking today when I was watching Twitch livefeeds. Just shaking my head. With BV and WA we got 3 unique worlds with unique activities and a crapton of new stuff for $30 and $40 dollars respectively. Now here we are basically being sold each world separately for $20 each, with vastly less content and being told it's a bargain.

Pull the other one.

Bon Voyage also came with 3 countries...

This is why I hate this new game pack. It's a total joke. The ones who're hating me for hating on it are those who never played TS2, poor souls.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    They already explained this. Gamepack come out every 2-3 months and Expansion packs will come out every 6 months as usual. :) I think this is fantastic! OR has so much content! Well worth the money. The new World is beautiful.

Where is the link where they said that? I'm curious.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited January 2015
    I really don't like how EA is essentially making internet necessary for the Sims. I prefer back when Sims wasn't a social game. The way they're going is depressing. :(
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    RevivoRoyRevivoRoy Posts: 5 New Member
    What? Game Packs are not parts of Expansion Packs, they're a replacement to Stuff Packs
  • Options
    aussieduckyaussieducky Posts: 28 Member
    I 100% support the idea of gamepacks. They allow for more concentrated content that will (hopefully xD) provide a richer gameplay experience. Expansion Packs will probably be the really popular stuff everyone wants back, like University.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015
    I 100% support the idea of gamepacks. They allow for more concentrated content that will (hopefully xD) provide a richer gameplay experience. Expansion Packs will probably be the really popular stuff everyone wants back, like University.

This. There are elements of a lot of EPs that people didn't like. Like Supernaturals. If you wanted Werewolves and Vampires, but no Witches or Zombies in TS3... Tough. If you wanted apartments, but no Witches in TS2.... Tough.

Maybe they will introduce new species via GP this time, meaning people can pick and choose the ones they want and leave out the ones they don't. I never played Vampires in either TS2 or TS3, and I hated that that I couldn't turn off Zombies in TS3 because they ruined my gardens. If they come back in an EP, they need to add toggles for all types.

If they introduce them via GP, they will probably be more unique and fleshed out, and come with more species specific items and styles, rather than a couple of items and one condensed paranormal/spooky/gothic style.

They could also do it both ways and bring out an EP for people that want it all, while simultaneously splitting things into GPs for those that want to pick and choose. Though, you would probably get more content per species over all if you got individual GPs, so these could be also be used as species specific expansions after buying an initial Supernatural EP.
  • Options
    badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

This. There are elements of a lot of EPs that people didn't like. Like Supernaturals. If you wanted Werewolves and Vampires, but no Witches or Zombies in TS3... Tough. If you wanted apartments, but no Witches in TS2.... Tough.

Maybe they will introduce new species via GP this time, meaning people can pick and choose the ones they want and leave out the ones they don't. I never played Vampires in either TS2 or TS3, and I hated that that I couldn't turn off Zombies in TS3 because they ruined my gardens. If they come back in an EP, they need to add toggles for all types.

If they introduce them via GP, they will probably be more unique and fleshed out, and come with more species specific items and styles, rather than a couple of items and one condensed paranormal/spooky/gothic style.

They could also do it both ways and bring out an EP for people that want it all, while simultaneously splitting things into GPs for those that want to pick and choose. Though, you would probably get more content per species over all if you got individual GPs, so these could be also be used as species specific expansions after buying an initial Supernatural EP.

Actually you can turn off the Supernaturals in options, just check which ones you want to keep and uncheck what you don't want. To disable zombies, just set the moon cycle to anything other than full moon and you never have to worry about them since they only come out during the full moon.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015

Actually you can turn off the Supernaturals in options, just check which ones you want to keep and uncheck what you don't want. To disable zombies, just set the moon cycle to anything other than full moon and you never have to worry about them since they only come out during the full moon.

You could turn them all off, EXCEPT zombies. At least when I was playing. Unless they added it in a patch later?

Also, I wanted the moon cycle while playing Werewolves, but turned it off at all other times to avoid the zombies. I missed having the moon related moodlets for other sims though.

Also, turning them off just stopped them generating autonomously. You had to actually delete/cure any that already existed, or got turned accidentally.

GP individual releases would mean them not being in-game at all. Preferable for some people, I'm sure.
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    Why are you sad that Game Packs are the future??
    This was very smart of EA, rather than selling us full EPs that are going to sell us parts of EPs in game packs. Watch in the near future we will get other vacation destinations in other packs that we have to pay for. I fear that the days of the EP is gone, and will return once in a blue moon.

This hybrid of a expansion and a stuff pack is not a good choice, it just means that we have to pay to get more things just to make out game feel "complete"

Why are you sad that Game Packs are the future?? We will still be getting expansion packs, game packs are to essentially replace stuff packs (which were awful!). For £15 game packs are well worth it, I am blown away by the amount and the quality of clothing, hair, furniture, items, interactions and the world we got!

I am SO happy that game packs are the future and even more excited for the first expansion now!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You could turn them all off, EXCEPT zombies. At least when I was playing. Unless they added it in a patch later?

Also, I wanted the moon cycle while playing Werewolves, but turned it off at all other times to avoid the zombies. I missed having the moon related moodlets for other sims though.

Also, turning them off just stopped them generating autonomously. You had to actually delete/cure any that already existed, or got turned accidentally.

GP individual releases would mean them not being in-game at all. Preferable for some people, I'm sure.

I have an expansion/game pack idea on that
    if you want to check it out: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771995/the-sims-4-magic-is-coming-updated/p1

But I made it so like how if you don't want ghosts, in you release them to the nether or don't put out their urn.
    Zombies don't spawn unless you preform a necromantic spell to raise the dead and if you get sick of them you break the spell.
    but with other magical creatures, there is a secrecy code that Vampires, Sorcerers, Fairies, Werewolves won't do magic out in the open. maybe if you panned you camera over to an alley way or somewhere hidden they would be doing small spells that won't be really detected by your sim.
    i think it's good you can turn supernaturals on/off through actual game play not but going into options i hope they do them all like that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Game packs are a cool idea. The first one seems amazing, so I can only imagine what other ideas they come up with.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    it might be a good idea but in my book these game packs should be free downloads only since we already paid 70$ for the game these gamepacks should be included when we bough the base game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Personally I like the idea of game packs. It's going to allow more niche subjects without investing as much time and money as they would in an EP. Now, it remains to be seen if they will take advantage of the opportunity.

Examples.....I'd like an illness GP. Sims could get sick and possibly die (as they used to in TS2).
    Not everyone would want this....so you just don't buy it.

I'd like to see an industrial, gritty urban GP.....maybe with police and burglars back. Crime in the City. Again not everyone would want this.

And how about a zombie apocalypse? I know this would appeal to a lot of players....but not everyone.

With the overabundance of superficial content we got with TS3 I'm still tired of the party, materialistic and celebrity themes.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    they might be my future a year from now when i can 12 bundled for $10.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Personally I like the idea of game packs. It's going to allow more niche subjects without investing as much time and money as they would in an EP. Now, it remains to be seen if they will take advantage of the opportunity.

Examples.....I'd like an illness GP. Sims could get sick and possibly die (as they used to in TS2).

I'd like to see an industrial, gritty urban GP.....maybe with police and burglars back. Crime in the City. Again not everyone would want this.

And how about a zombie apocalypse? I know this would appeal to a lot of players....but not everyone.

With the overabundance of superficial content we got with TS3 I'm still tired of the party, materialistic and celebrity themes.

I agree with this concept very much. It's going to allow me to build my game more suited to me than in the past. I ,too, am sick of the party, materialist, celebrity themes and I won't be going that route this time. But give me a farm GP/EP and I'm there. I'd take your Crime in the City one too.

• Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I think game packs are better than stuff packs. I only bought Town Life Stuff and 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff for TS3. None of the other stuff packs interested me. I like game packs more because it gives you more gameplay options other than just items and clothing for your sims. Game packs also give sims new items and clothing as well as the gameplay options. Plus, game packs are the same price as stuff packs were for TS3 for a lot more content. There will still be EPs for TS4. This has been confirmed.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

Maybe that Health and Wellness EP idea from the survey could be actually made...but as a game pack!? That would be awesome and a lot better than as a fully fledged EP.