Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Endless loading problem.

My game isn't loading the game... It loads to which family, after I choose the one I want, it gets to about 2% left then just basically freezes without freezing. The background will change and I can still search for things though it wont add the points. I've uninstalled most of my expansion packs, cleared my cache... I don't use mods though I do have some custom content items... I'm not sure what else to do to fix it or even what the problem is... My game version is: 1.67
Previously (before I uninstalled most of my eps) It would load the second save, never the first. but when I exited and tried to play on the same family it wouldn't load- it was in the first save slot. Now neither slots are working... Does anyone know how to fix this? Please tell me someone knows how to fix it x.x

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @Sharpheart is it just the one save game you cant load if so its possible uninstalling EPs could make the problem worse. normally i would suggest trying the backup file of the save game but perhaps thats what you mean when you said the second save, if the back up didint work then i next would suggest removing all CC and trying some nraas mods overwatch, error trap and master controller to see if the corruption can be fixed

but again removing Eps removes items and game play for a save so its possible this has further complicated matters.

also did you get any errors?
  • Options
    SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    edited January 2015
    @ceejay402 I've gotten no errors so far... It wont load any of the saves, it loaded one of them the day before yesterday but when I went to play again it again froze without freezing... I've reinstalled my Eps and removed all CC and tried starting a new town though its still not loading. Where would I get those mods?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ok so i would suggest nraas http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ if it was just a corrupted save but if you cant get the game to run at all thats probably another issue not fixable by mods

try resetting sims 3 folder http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html