Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forest Ranger? Camp Store?

When I went in, I got a popup message from a forest ranger that said he's available to ask questions. But I can't find him anywhere. Is there a ranger station that I'm not finding?

Also, I heard there was supposed to be a camp store? Was I imagining that?

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Its like on the side of the road kind of and its a small little building that sells things.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Thanks. I'll follow the road. :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The camp store is JUST like The Sims 3's rabbithole stores.

Can't believe how much these developers have failed to improve even stores. They took the easy way out with even that, lol. The Sims 2 and The Sims 1 had open stores.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I like the camp store the way it is. It's a direct throwback to Sims Vacation. I too want open stores like Sims 2 had, but I don't need this to be one of them.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The camp store is JUST like The Sims 3's rabbithole stores.

Can't believe how much these developers have failed to improve even stores. They took the easy way out with even that, lol. The Sims 2 and The Sims 1 had open stores.

Not unexpected but still disappointing. Seems like there could be some sort of middle ground, no? Like display cases you click on to order and like the bartender with the bars they hand a package over?

• Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    I thought they might have done something like WA, but I actually prefer this way it's quick and easy. As long as the rabbit hole shops allow you to buy in bulk without having to go in and out several times like the lottery tickets in S3 then I am ok with them.
  • Options
    BrittoneBrittone Posts: 51 Member
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > Its like on the side of the road kind of and its a small little building that sells things.

ok I have been looking for it and still cant find it!! Please give me more info :'( cause I need to buy stuff for my sims to camp out and stuff
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Brittone wrote: »
    > @pepperjax1230 said:<br />
    > Its like on the side of the road kind of and its a small little building that sells things.<br />
    <br />
    ok I have been looking for it and still cant find it!! Please give me more info :'( cause I need to buy stuff for my sims to camp out and stuff
    There is a little road kind of past the campground that has a small building.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Brittone wrote: »
    > @pepperjax1230 said:<br />
    > Its like on the side of the road kind of and its a small little building that sells things.<br />
    <br />

If you see the big bear statue it should be to your upper right.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    It's technically not a rabbit hole since your sim does not go into the building. It is more like a kiosk.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2015
    As everyone has said it is small. It's a one square building, looks like a single outhouse.

To see it you can go to simsvip.com and right on the front page will be a video of the earlier twitch feed....go to about the 4 minute mark of the hour long video and you should get a really good look at what it looks like and where to find it. You don't have to wait for the youtube replay, just click on the video box and it shows the twitch replay.
  • Options
    I did find it. It is small and easy to miss. I think the signs that act like a transport should be set to take you there like it takes you to your vacation home.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Thanks for this post, finding the camping store was driving me nuts.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It reminds me of the stores I use to make in Sim 3 on small islands that I made. I use to like to use the cash register. I do like how they did this. I have not looked yet, but I hope we can add it to our towns. would be neat in the parks. I wonder if you can put it inside a building. I will check these out later when I return to my game.
    My, my I have been camping so much, and still haven't touched on so many things. I need to get some RL house work done. I must learn to set a time limit for sims. I am really loving sims 4. my mind is going a hundred miles an hour as to what I can do in and with it.
    My sim got pregnant while vacationing and I am now excited for the expectancy. This will be my 4th Generation D for my A-Z generation play. Do want a boy. :)
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    My ranger is a woman right now. She usually shows up at your cabin or campsite right when you arrive. I've also seen her walking around the area especially the area around the bear statue.

I don't mind the kiosk. I don't like rabbit holes but this doesn't feel that way to me. I don't need to buy that much stuff anyway after the first trip or at all if I bought my equipment with me. I like that it can fast transport me to my lodging/campsite, bathrooms, etc. I do hope we have open stores in the future but this one works for me.
  • Options
    ts3seml wrote: »
    My ranger is a woman right now. She usually shows up at your cabin or campsite right when you arrive. I've also seen her walking around the area especially the area around the bear statue.

I don't mind the kiosk. I don't like rabbit holes but this doesn't feel that way to me. I don't need to buy that much stuff anyway after the first trip or at all if I bought my equipment with me. I like that it can fast transport me to my lodging/campsite, bathrooms, etc. I do hope we have open stores in the future but this one works for me.

I agree with you. I do hope for real stores one day for more serious shopping, but I'm glad they didn't make the camp store a real rabbit hole. At least your Sims doesn't disappear while she's perusing the camping gear.

I could one day see little kiosks like this for ice cream stands (that's how a lot of ice cream stands were in my day. We still have a few around like it) or little burger/hotdog type stands.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's a kiosk like you'll actually find at the entrances to a lot of parks, so I'm happy with it. The only change I'd like to see would be to see a worker inside it talking to me and handing me the stuff.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    I like the camp store the way it is. It's a direct throwback to Sims Vacation. I too want open stores like Sims 2 had, but I don't need this to be one of them.

Exactly.
  • Options
    It's a kiosk like you'll actually find at the entrances to a lot of parks, so I'm happy with it. The only change I'd like to see would be to see a worker inside it talking to me and handing me the stuff.

True. I was just hiking a couple of weeks ago and there is a little ticket taker there. It's not always manned at our local state park, even during peak season. You are still supposed to pay on the honor system. It causes a lot of back up when people start scrambling around their pockets, purses and car trunks to find correct change to get in. At least people do pay.