Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will there be a patch with the release of outdoor retreat?

I was just wondering with the new game pack if they will release another patch. I also wonder if they release another patch will you have to have the new game pack or will anyone be able to download it if they need to. If there is a patch I hope it fixes bugs. Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited January 2015
    There is suppose to be a patch out soon to fix bugs and glitches, maybe Tuesday.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    There is suppose to be a patch out soon to fix bugs and glitches, maybe Tuesday.

That would be good. I just like to know as every time there is a patch seems I have to re-install the game. :|

• Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »

That would be good. I just like to know as every time there is a patch seems I have to re-install the game. :|

I had that coding issue everytime there is a new patch. I've changed my Origin language to English US rather than English UK it's suppose to fix the issue (I hope)
  • Options
    So I should change English US to English UK to fix mine? LOL. I hope yours gets fixed though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So I should change English US to English UK to fix mine? LOL. I hope yours gets fixed though.

The language files are US and somehow conflict with Language UK causing the error. A simguru mentioned next time there is a patch change English UK to English US via Origin.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think bug patches have to be separate from new game content.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Don't know, but I would assume that there will be a patch to fix things coming with the pack. Since they haven't released a patch since the career update last month. :)
  • Options

The language files are US and somehow conflict with Language UK causing the error. A simguru mentioned next time there is a patch change English UK to English US via Origin.

Basically what I was saying is I am having the same issue and my Origin is on English US I hope that the Guru is right for your sake.

• Options
    Can we live in Granite Falls, like have a vacation home? In the sims 3 I used those tropical worlds as vacation retreats, that way I could live there. Will we get to go into hotels at any time, like in the sims 2?
  • Options
    Can we live in Granite Falls, like have a vacation home? In the sims 3 I used those tropical worlds as vacation retreats, that way I could live there. Will we get to go into hotels at any time, like in the sims 2?

They say we can't live there. Only go on holiday, and so long as the npc's haven't hogged all the spots. lol
  • Options
    Now outdoor retreat, will that just be like a venue or are they releasing Granite Falls along with it? As I am confused as to what you do with outdoor retreat until and unless you buy Granite Falls, does it just stay there with all white around it?
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    edited January 2015
    We'll undoubtedly get a patch, as they seem to patch the game right before releasing any sort of additional content. That's a tradition that goes back to Sims 2.

We had hotels in Sims 3, too. Only they called them resorts. It was fun to own one!

I don't think we have resorts, or hotels, or anything like that this go 'round, though. It appears that you can either 1) camp, or 2) rent a house. That's pretty typical for a national forest, which this game pack seems to be trying to mimic. The really, really nice ones (like, the famous ones, like Yellowstone) might have a resort or two. Most of them just have a few campgrounds here and there, which basically are just spots of dirt where you can pitch a tent, and rental cabins scattered throughout.

There is a camping store, however. They might include a place to go to rent out a lot or cabin. So, that's basically like an outdoor hotel, right?

However, from what I understand, there's no owning anything except the gear you bring in. If a residential house is placed in Granite Falls, the game converts it to a rental unit. It stinks, I know. Just give it a few weeks -- someone will come out with a mod.

Edited for language. They censor the most random words sometimes ...
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

They say we can't live there. Only go on holiday, and so long as the npc's haven't hogged all the spots. lol
    We still have that manage world option. And that will allow us to pick which lot that we want, by kicking it's current NPC occupant out. >:)

• Options
    Now outdoor retreat, will that just be like a venue or are they releasing Granite Falls along with it? As I am confused as to what you do with outdoor retreat until and unless you buy Granite Falls, does it just stay there with all white around it?

Outdoor retreat is the name of the gamepack, and it includes the world of Granite Falls which consists of 2 major neighbourhoods and a 3rd hidden one.

Granite Falls is not a separate purchase from OR.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

We still have that manage world option. And that will allow us to pick which lot that we want, by kicking it's current NPC occupant out. >:)

Yep. I intend on making sure there is always something available for me there lol. To heck with them.
  • Options

Outdoor retreat is the name of the gamepack, and it includes the world of Granite Falls which consists of 2 major neighbourhoods and a 3rd hidden one.

Granite Falls is not a separate purchase from OR.

Thanks for clarifying that I was thinking these were two separate things. Just d u m b when it comes to this stuff, but, that's because I do not know much about it. Very hush hush!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Outdoor Retreat is a game pack that's centered around camping. Your sims will now be able to go on a camping trip when on vacation. The sims will be able to play a game of horseshoe, go exploring, collecting herbs, telling ghost stories around the campfire, roasting hot dogs over the fire. There suppose to be a new way of stargazing. The sims now can woohoo in the tent. There's a new herbalist career, and survivalist trait. Your sims now can buy camping supplies at the new ranger station, and there's supposedly new campfire songs too. Oh and also there's supposedly a new insect collecting coming with this pack too.:)
  • Options
    So if you can buy supplies at the Ranger station will an NPC be a Ranger? I wish it was a career option. But, I guess it is not as the Ranger would have to live there and you can't live in this world.
  • Options
    So if you can buy supplies at the Ranger station will an NPC be a Ranger? I wish it was a career option. But, I guess it is not as the Ranger would have to live there and you can't live in this world.
    Don't know if there will be an NPC ranger at the ranger station, but the sims can buy supplies there. There are 3 neighborhoods, two are normal, and one is a secret place. There is a bear that's an NPC, and a hermit. Though not certain if they're one in the same. And a bear costume that the sims can wear. :)

• Options
    Don't know if there will be an NPC ranger at the ranger station, but the sims can buy supplies there. There are 3 neighborhoods, two are normal, and one is a secret place. There is a bear that's an NPC, and a hermit. Though not certain if they're one in the same. And a bear costume that the sims can wear. :)

Someone's gotta man the cash register. Unless it's a rabbithole; but there haven't been any rabbitholes in Sims 4, and after the fuss fans threw over the rabbitholes in SIms 3 I seriously doubt they'll start adding them to Sims 4, as well.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    Maybe it will be like the alchemy shop and the WA markets in sims 3.
  • Options
    I was one of those Simmers who did raise concerns over the rabbitholes in Sims 3, after they had started putting two or three of than under one roof. Although, I didn't make a big fuss over them. The rabbitholes started glitching when they did that. I remember one time, my sim and his wife had a daughter that was born at the hospital in Starlight Shores. They had left the hospital and went home, back to their mansion on the hill. The next thing that I know is she was walking back to the hospital through the air with the baby in her arms. And it was all because the hospital, and science building were under one roof. I sure hope that Sims devs don't do that in Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    I was one of those Simmers who did raise concerns over the rabbitholes in Sims 3, after they had started putting two or three of than under one roof. Although, I didn't make a big fuss over them. The rabbitholes started glitching when they did that. I remember one time, my sim and his wife had a daughter that was born at the hospital in Starlight Shores. They had left the hospital and went home, back to their mansion on the hill. The next thing that I know is she was walking back to the hospital through the air with the baby in her arms. And it was all because the hospital, and science building were under one roof. I sure hope that Sims devs don't do that in Sims 4. :)

Oh, absolutely! I'm sorry, I'm just tired of this whole "Sims 3 was perfect, why is Sims 4 so crappy?" attitude that so many people had. They forget that Sims 3 had more bugs than an etymologist's lab, was about as stable as a three-legged newborn giraffe (and ran about as fast, too), and had plenty of features that people raised holy you-know-what about. I distinctly remember some pretty scathing remarks to EA along the lines of "you promised us an open world, now open up the entire world, including the rabbitholes!"

Surprisingly, I never had problems with the combo-rabbitholes. In fact, I rather liked them, because they kept the world nice and neat. However, I didn't like having to wait outside like a puppy with her leash tied around a patio chair while her owner goes grocery shopping, waiting for them to finish and come out. Especially because I usually played with tiny households (only one or maybe two sims at a time), so I was stuck twiddling my thumbs while a completely arbitrary entering-disappearing-leaving animation played out.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, absolutely Sims 3 had more bugs in it than an Etymologist's lab. The main reason for that was because they were cranking out so much stuff for Sims 3 that they weren't stopping to see how it all will work together in the end. I sure hope that they had learned from that mistake, and don't try that again. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope there is a patch and we get a fix for the broken mixologist today.