Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I miss from the sims 1

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ultra wrote: »
    That music that played when you were being burgled (it scared the crap out of me)
    The mysterious cough (Hamster cough)
    The creepy clown

Dear god, I still get nervous thinking about those things lmao! Here's a little throwback for ya-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4djJULQHnR0

This song. I love it. I was so terrified every time xD

I miss it so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    why is this in Sims 4 discussion? lol

Its not, its in ideas.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    i miss the weird calls on the phone, and of course miss crumpblebottom <3

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    Sims 1 Simlish (the later versions of simlish were never as funny)
    That music that played when you were being burgled (it scared the crap out of me)
    The creepy clown
    How sims would react when you bought new furniture
    Sims shouting at you if there needs were low

Sims one while feels really dated and limited now was truly the funniest of the series. It was definitely quirky and weird without trying too hard. Its a shame they didnt use sims 1 as an example when there were trying to bring back some of the humour into the series. Ah well...

What are some of the things you miss?

Your avi scares me lol i love it, but its scary. I miss fame the most. I loved superstar!

She scares me too lol I fear the consequences if i take her down. Also, love your signature. I remember always trying to recreate the white house and the final version of the house (when my sims got rich) in the sims 1

Oh same i always try to build that house even now in the sims 4 i just dont like the fences in the sims 4 lol! I want the old white picket back!
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I also miss the repo guy strangly, and the burglers! I hope they add them back the repo could come after the power is shut off and you still dont pay your bills!
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    why is this in Sims 4 discussion? lol
    Apologies, sometimes i have trouble telling the difference between the sims 1 and the sims 4, then I remember, the sims 1 is the one that made me laugh, the sims 4 is the one that made me sigh
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    WHy there are many video about easter eggs from the Sims 4 with social bunny, tragic clown, etc when they aren't in the game?
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Well, it isn't anymore now, is it? Maybe some of this was stuff they missed and wouldn't mind seeing again in sims 4.
  • Options
    Sims 1 Simlish (the later versions of simlish were never as funny)
    The creepy clown
    How sims would react when you bought new furniture
    Sims shouting at you if there needs were low

Sims one while feels really dated and limited now was truly the funniest of the series. It was definitely quirky and weird without trying too hard. Its a shame they didnt use sims 1 as an example when there were trying to bring back some of the humour into the series. Ah well...

What are some of the things you miss?

Your avi scares me lol i love it, but its scary. I miss fame the most. I loved superstar!

She scares me too lol I fear the consequences if i take her down. Also, love your signature. I remember always trying to recreate the white house and the final version of the house (when my sims got rich) in the sims 1

Oh same i always try to build that house even now in the sims 4 i just dont like the fences in the sims 4 lol! I want the old white picket back!

Yes! many annoying sims were sentenced to death in a prision of white fence
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited January 2015
    The first time I hard the creepy music I had everything working against me. My daughter who was almost two at the time was sleeping on the sofa in the living room because she was sick and I wanted her near me. The sound of her congested breathing was already creepy. The only light I had on was the one over the stove. The sound of my daughter's breathing had stopped. Worried I turned to get up and go check on her. Just before I could stand up, the creepy death music came on and I screamed. (Not the greatest of music to start playing when the thought of "OMG she stopped breathing" is in your head.) My daughter woke up crying from my scream. Needless to say she was fine, but that that was my first experience hearing that death music!
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Those videos were freaking awesome. I miss Sims1 so much when I see videos like this. I loved when Drew Carey would crash the parties and all the sims would have the Drew Carey bubble over their heads like they were excited he was there...lol
  • Options
    RoxelzRoxelz Posts: 11 New Member
    I miss the chemistry set in sims 1! I loved using that set when I played TS1!
  • Options
    remember the cage dancing and the striper coming out of the cake, sims 4 would never be brave enough to do that now...too bad it was hilarious!
  • Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    I remember going to Magic Town and battling Bella Goth with Magic!
    Does anyone remember the old man singing with the dancing monkey in Old Town?
    In the Sims 1 I always found it funny when Sims were on the phone as it looked like they desperately needed the toilet