Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2015
    Great updates everyone.

Since I'm feeling better I've slowly started building a city/town using Laguna Coast blank world from Sims Realty. I'm concentrating on the city side of the world mostly. I have most community lots created and have put in the residential high rises, townhouses and single family homes but have not landscaped or redesigned/redecorated them yet.

Here are some pictures of what I have so far. My draw distance is not very far so the graphics are barely passable.

Screenshot-155_zps1qcbhfsv.jpg
    Screenshot-158_zps0emy2n7c.jpg
    Screenshot-161_zpso13ffup4.jpg
    Screenshot-170_zps97rv69ow.jpg
    Screenshot-166_zps5vhillpu.jpg
    Screenshot-153_zpsbphpwx3c.jpg
    Screenshot-151_zps3v32afah.jpg
    Screenshot-134_zpsbwbnvfpm.jpg

I haven't played in a city environment in a long time so am looking forward to playing there in the winter.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wow! Have I gotten behind in this thread. :o Too many for me to respond to individually, but I enjoyed reading the updates. Lots of great pics too.

Still in Midnight Hollow. I decided on the next twist in my storyline. Taya and Horus closed up their house and moved in with the Yates. Morgan is Taya's new romantic interest. But evidently she didn't know him very well. She always considered him a mama's boy. Taya found out soon enough that wasn't the case. In fact, it's just the opposite. Morgan has been keeping a dark secret from her and the rest of the town.

Nothing like waking up to discover you've slept with a vampire!
    MorganVampire%252520%2525281%252529.jpg
  • Options
    Letchy15Letchy15 Posts: 530 Member
    edited August 2015
    IM BACK!!!!!
    After an... eventful? holiday with an old bestie, I'm finally back. Time to look threw the billions of updates. Not played the sims yet, but probably will in a few days.

EDIT: Took 3/4 of an hour to read over 10 pages worth of updates, and towards the last few I just skimmed threw. I'm not going to comment on them all, but everyones updates were really interesting, and some peoples sims in particular seem really incredible, and lead some pretty extensive lives... is that the word I want to use? Maybe :lol:
    Now to go read the probably gazillion pages of 'the simmer below me' thread.... wish me luck!!
    Post edited by Letchy15 on
  • Options
    Dark_Tig3rDark_Tig3r Posts: 549 Member
    edited August 2015
    So this is the result when your playing a legacy challenge and go over board on re-decorating the house.

Beautiful Gorgeous outside...minus the plants because I ran out of money
    Screenshot-7_1.jpg
    Barely there inside. Only the barest of essentails.
    Screenshot-8_1.jpg
    Screenshot-9_1.jpg

Thought about cheating to decorate the house but then decided that I could do that as the family goes on. Be funnier that way.
    I'm only living the life to which I've grown accustomed.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    edited August 2015
    On my game right now in Monte Vista, the oldest Giordano sister, Georgia, moved in with her boyfriend Pepe Moretti not too long after giving birth to her son, Jashon who is also the son of my man w-h-o-r-e sim Clint Hansen. (Lol! He was the one I pictured earlier with the n-i-p piercings and he has since cleaned up his life, but anyway ;) ) Pepe and Georgia are happy together, but they both have secret lovers. Pepe's lover isn't so secret...He's had a lady butler for quite some time and they have grown romantic. I mean, honestly, could any man resist if his woman butler looked like this:
    11870933_1689215457968440_8601368433147759452_n.jpg?oh=32450ed2191bc809b6b8c8663de2e662&oe=564E3D7C
    Those are some bazonkers!!! :D lol

And, Pepe thought he would try to enhance his brain to learn the handiness skill, but...it backfired. Lol!
    11891204_1689215374635115_545342335481229850_n.jpg?oh=bee498a0cf0bd12eedbeda72cb94684a&oe=564DCDC3
    11870938_1689215447968441_9076669313250546648_n.jpg?oh=4229990ab623f8462de5d065e97eb26d&oe=564C9641

Georgia is pregnant now with Pepe's child. Do you think these two will be able to break off their other relationships and make the most important relationship work?
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    several weeks later Carly is a toddler
    screenshot_original.jpg
    A bowling alley was given to them
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2015
    Okay I will try to add to this Comments. But there are so many! How long was I gone? Lol I love the Bowlng ally in the back yard my ocdness of it not being inside would drive me nuts. The city I just saw is beautiful!
    I'm have images yet but my Sim from bought the lot next door since the main one was getting so cramped with 3 teens one extra boyfriend of a teen and there child and then the parents who are trying to have another kid....my gosh to many...lol I'm not sure who will move into it yet. But I have to build it first anyways.
    Post edited by KityKittenMitens on
  • Options
    Okay I will try to add to this Comments. But there are so many! How long was I gone? Lol I live the Bolling ally in the back yard my ocdness of it not being inside would drive me nuts. The city I just saw is beautiful!
    I'm have images yet but my Sim from bought the lot next door since the main one was getting so cramped with 3 teens one extra boyfriend of a teen and there child and then the parents who are trying to have another kid....my gosh to many...lol I'm not sure who will move into it yet. But I have to build it first anyways.

I am not a good builder so I rely on already made houses. That is a big family
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @msbeckycat I love building. Its probably because I'm planning my own future rl how. But also I've been building on the Sims for years. People worry to much on making thIngs even. The prettiest looking houses are usually the most uneven
  • Options
    @KityKittenMitens: my problem is upgrading and widening and still have good routing

• Options
    edited August 2015
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    @KityKittenMitens: my problem is upgrading and widening and still have good routing
    Ahh I see. Always plan two exits besides the front door or garage entry. So then you know not to cut them off and can expand along them.

Add in: also you don't ever want to make rooms too big or too small, use a bed or ect for a example of the space. You don't want to have to go back and resize the room, it will cost more money and actually throws off your planning. Once you have room sizes down and halls, you will be amazed how easy it is.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Exciting times in Midnight Hollow. First time I've played a Sims 3 vampire. Morgan goofing around with his mother Viola. Hypnotizing stare.
    MorganVamps%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Did it backfire? Nah, he's just kidding.
    MorganVamps%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

But I had another scary first in my game today. Taya was on her soap box. She's just a hair away from gaining level 10 Rebel. Well, I forgot that she'd already ranted against death once before. OMG! Grimmie was not pleased! >:)
    TayaDeath%252520%25252810%252529.jpg

Everyone rushed in to mourn, and they all got wishes to resurrect Taya. It's not looking good. :'( She was carrying a death flower, so I was holding my breath!
    TayaDeath%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

But Grimmie gave her a second chance! "Don't ever rant against me again!" "Never, Sir! Never!" o:)
    TayaDeath%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Morgan comforted Taya while Viola and Horus stagger to collapse in rocking chairs! :#
    TayaDeath%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    Dark_Tig3r wrote: »
    @Selvaxri Gotcha, I've never played on console but still sounds interesting.

I would like to play on PC, but right now- it's a low priority. I could try it on my laptop, but i'd rather not risk it.
    Haven't done much in my Crazy "Experimental Twins" game, but I do have a plan to possibly keep going... once a child becomes a Young Adult, they'll move out and Devon/Margo will get pregnant. Danelle and Selina are to become Teens soon, so i'll get Margo pregnant. see how many kids the two can have without turning aging off or purposefully aging up the teens.

Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    @cwaddell that looks like a really pretty town. Great job with the building so far.

@lanlyn Those are some crazy pictures...especially with the unknown vampire. Vampires can be fun. And oh I'm so glad Taya had her death flower but that's what happens when you challenge death I guess.

@Letchy15 Welcome Back!

@emorrill all I gotta say about about the butler is Bazinga... LoL.

@msbeckycat I love the bowling game that came with UN. Honestly it's one of my favorite things to have my sim family go do. Especially when their going on dates and stuff.

@KityKittensMitens I love building my own houses. Though they always wind up looking the same. Go figure

Not much happened in game play for my sims besides the house building. Couple of my teens got calls for dates. went on one but he wound up being an YA sim with a girlfriend already...didn't like that to much still she talked to him until they were friends.
    Elijah had a date as well and they hit it off right away. When they went to Prom together she asked if they could go steady and Elijah of course said yes.
    Screenshot-13_1.jpg
    Rebekah had a date as well but he never did show up so we'll see if anyone else catches her attention. Otherwise it's been pretty normal game play up until I decided to hunt down something special for my game.
    Screenshot-14_1.jpg
    I don't put much CC in my game aside from the random world that I happen to find and like but I saw the pictures roaming the forums here and had to go and find my own Doctor Who TARDIS and came across this small assortment of stuff. I'm so happy.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Dark_Tig3r Great house. I spent some time redoing a house today. I was trying some tricky things with the roof. Finally figured out how to do it. Very time consuming. Great find with the Doctor Who CC!

@emorrill Your sim getting his brains fried in the enhancement machine! Yikes! Pretty funny though.

@msbeckycat At least you found a spot for your bowling lane! It takes up a lot of room and not easily placed, even in community lots!

The story of my odd household in Midnight Hollow continues. Horus learns to zenport through martial arts meditation. Still not fast enough to get him around town though! One of the French ghosts materializes.
    Zenport%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Well, what d'ya know! Mama has an admirer!
    GhostAttraction%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

On the hunt. Morgan the vampire moves like a rocket compared to Horus the mummy!
    FirstHunt%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Prey found late at night in the village.
    FirstHunt%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

Ah, it's Mai Lau. When I was a cop, I worked with her.
    FirstHunt%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

Think of me, Mai.
    FirstHunt%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

I'm harmless, you know. Friendly, right? Yah, peace and love, baby.
    FirstHunt%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Hmm, O Positive...
    FirstHunt%252520%2525285%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Dark_Tig3r I like your future guy and his robot outfit. I haven't seen that in game yet. My sim whose lifetime wish relates to advanced technology and the future is still just a teen.

@Painterly27 Love your sanitarium stories. The doctor and Minerva make a great couple, if she can be trusted??? Poor Lucifer. He must have seen some terrible things during the battle.

@Abearsmen Donnerique...niiice! Congrats to Zapinga and her IF.

@TadOlson At first, I thought you had a small scrap pile in your sims' home, but then I looked closer and realized it was a small garden!

@Gernadia Wonderful pictures. Your story makes me want to get back to my equestrian sim.

@PixelsSquared Nice poses.

@cwaddell Great looking city. A lot of detail.

And now, it's time for Gothic Sim Theater ;)

Morgan needs to confess his secret to Taya. He's been so alone, only working night shifts on the force, getting nowhere. Hiding at home with his mother. People were talking, but Taya gave him a chance. Morgan knows she suspects something. How could she not? But she doesn't know anything. Nothing at all...
    Confess.jpg

What is this altar thing, Morgan? It's so cold? And why are there two of them?
    Drink%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Don't be afraid, Taya. You know I care deeply for you.
    Drink%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

You're very special...
    Drink%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

There's something I need to tell you. Please understand.
    Drink%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

A vampire! I almost died today, Morgan! And now you tell me you're...you're...an undead monster?
    Confess%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

No, not a monster! Please, trust me. You don't have to be afraid of death ever again. We can be together forever, Taya!
    OfferTurn%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Forever! I can't, Morgan! I can't make that commitment! You know I have issues.
    OfferTurn%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Shh, I'll take care of you. There's nothing to worry about.
    Confess%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Your life is in my hands now...
    OfferTurn%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Oh Morgan, what's happening? What have I done?
    OfferTurn%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Fade To Black. The Curtain Falls. :#
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Viridisa -Great update!
    @mooredt21 -Great update!
    @Gernadia -Great update!
    @Llandros2012 -Thanks for your comment.I would've backed up my Sims 3 folder and I've often done that just in case I ever had to reinstall.
    @Puddinroy -I've got a new legacy because I wanted to try out a world I had on my computer.I hate it when the game gets corrupted.It happend to me once after updating my Mods wrong and that corrupted my Sims 3 folder though I did have a back to to use as my replacement folder.
    @PixelsSquared -Great update!I've had days like that usually in hot weather.
    @Dark_Tig3r -I used to forget the fire alarms in the early days of playing sims.I got them writing and they also have part-time jobs.That house looks great.Great update!I've got tons of CC in my game and too many Mods though TS3 only works loaded with Mods because it's an unplayable mess without NRaas Mods.
    @cwaddell -Thanks for your comment.Great pictures!I've got a legacy in Deery Meadows and the world you're playing looks like it might be fun.
    @lanlyn -Thanks for your comment.Great picture!Great updates!It might look like scrap because the planters are CC planters made to look like they were built from scrap lumber and they're from TSR.
    @Letchy15 -Hi there and welcome back.Thanks for your comments.
    @emorrill -Great update!
    @msbeckycat -Great update!
    @KityKittenMitens -Great update!
    I've got an update coming up soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's another update from Deery Meadows,Maine in the fall of 1620.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up early that fall morning and getting ready for the day before it was fully light out.
    20205564378_b52896a533.jpg
    They tended to their daily chores and got to play online social games with the iPads for a while.
    19772655713_839c4127a2.jpg
    Eli started writing on a book while Ami had to study handiness on the iPad because his computer was broken.
    20205602698_2ea9fd77b6.jpg
    They were still going at their tasks later when they had to stop to get ready for work and leave by 5PM.
    20205610848_690c93332d.jpg
    They got off work at 9PM and got ready for bed shortly after getting home by 9:30 in the evening.
    20205659818_d186dc7610.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2015
    Dark_Tig3r wrote: »
    @cwaddell that looks like a really pretty town. Great job with the building so far.
    Thanks. It's been fun. I'm looking forward to getting the residential lots the way I want them with landscaping, redesign and redecorating and adding small parks and/or fishing spots.
    lanlyn wrote: »

@cwaddell Great looking city. A lot of detail.

And now, it's time for Gothic Sim Theater ;)

Thanks. I love your vampire updates from Midnight Hollow.

TadOlson wrote: »
    @cwaddell -Thanks for your comment.Great pictures!I've got a legacy in Deery Meadows and the world you're playing looks like it might be fun.

Thanks. I noticed Deery Meadows at the Sims Realty site but decided to go with Laguna Coast for my city "build" since it is not very big and the layout of the city side is simple and straight forward. I don't know if I'd have your patience to build a town/world a little at a time. (I tried it once in an Adam and Eve challenge but didn't last more than the 3rd generation being born.) I guess it works well with your style of play - long life spans, playing multiple households and controlling the whole town. I play on the normal 90 days life span and set everything up and see what happens. Sometimes the setup involves developing one household and then bringing in another sim that I will concentrate on and/or have developed in another town.

That's what's so great about Sims 3 - it facilitates many different play styles.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @lanlyn I hate doing the roofs the most because they can be so difficult but I love building. I guess the decorating part is what intrigues me.
    Your supernatural game is looking like so much fun and poor Taya. First the grim reaper came for her and now her bf has turned her into a vampire. Loving your updates by the way. They must be getting pretty high up on their skills by now.

@TadOlson Agreed, I"ve gotten the majority of NRaa's mods and now that I've found the Club_Crymson sight I've browsed through that and downloaded some more. Go figure. Great update by the way.
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    @Dark_Tig3r I am a MASSIVE Doctor Who fan!! I love it! I would get it, but console version sucks...

*New Game!*

I made students and the house actually kind of looks like a Dorm!
    Chantelle and Brad have an unofficial, secret relationship, and Sasha wants the Cooking Skill for the Medical Career.
  • Options
    SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2015
    Crazy "Experimental Twins" game-
    I think, that playing on Console, has it's limits. And opposing gender twins is one of them.
    Margo and Devon got frisky the morning after she aged up, and went to work as the girls held their birthday party with all their other half-siblings- the Rannt & McLeod triplets.
    Margo got a promotion just as the girls aged up, so the twins ended up looking like their mother- so it was time for a massive makeover for both of them.
    Margo told Devon they were expecting, and Devon confirmed that they were going to have a son- or two. So, Margo went eating Watermelons as a snack.
    After a stop at the park to participate in Bard's day, Margo played for tips, while the girls danced. She got $18 from one of the few people at the park, with no one else showing interest, they all headed home.
    After some affectionate backrubs, and a quick remodel- Devon built a second floor for them and the babies while the girls stayed downstairs- they turned in for the night.
    Early the next morning, Margo went into labor which scared the hell out of Danelle who likes to play computer games on the computer in her parent's bedroom. She eventually bore twin sons, David and Waldo (hoping for the other sibling to be a girl, and name her Carmen).
    After his sons were born, he went out to tell people- and he ran into Penny, at the Theatre, in such a manner that got them both kicked out. ;);)

I don't think i could have opposing gender twins in the console version, but i'll try again when the girls move out.
    Post edited by Selvaxri on
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    Some pranks were done
    Screenshot-16_1.jpg
    Screenshot-18_1.jpg
    Some games were played
    Screenshot-17_1.jpg
    Chloe was taught to talk by both of her big sisters
    Screenshot-26_1.jpg
    Screenshot-25_1.jpg
    And Rebekah met another guy. He called her out on a date and for some reason she took Chloe...and then left her. Idk
    Screenshot-23_1.jpg
    Dylan was not pleased with her
    Screenshot-29_2.jpg
    and after some begging and explaining it was a huge mistake
    Screenshot-31_3.jpg
    he forgave her.
    Screenshot-32_2.jpg
    And for some odd reason my parent sims were no longer married, just romantic interest so I had them remarry in the privacy of their own home.
    Screenshot-19_1.jpg
    Screenshot-20_1.jpg
    Screenshot-21_2.jpg
    They really area a great couple and they did make some pretty baby sims
    Screenshot-22_2.jpg
    and Alexis painted this and said it was worth $180...
    Screenshot-33_2.jpg

I had a few more birthdays in my game but it started freezing up not to mention Dylan is fixing to become an old man and so I was going to take one last family pick before all the kids started moving out. But that will be next time.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    Just so you all know...the horrible actions I make my sims do are things I would NEVER do in my own life! Such is the fun of playing the game right? ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Painterly27Painterly27 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thank you! I hope you're enjoying these sims as much as I enjoy playing them. It's difficult to get the right clothing to fit in the 19th century, but I got it as close as I could.

The doctor and his patients saddled up and went for a little ride around town. They each have a horse now - Lucifer and Excaliba, Wilfred and Thorald, Minerva and Bravoliant, Elona and Pelagia. They were all new to horses, so they went slowly. Dr. Pietone noticed that Elona especially loved her mare and was even having a conversation with Lucifer. Lucifer was going slower than usual but took his time, while Minerva kept herself close to Wilfred.

Screenshot-21_zpsobazvucr.jpg

Screenshot-22_zpsufstpwql.jpg

Screenshot-23_zps3ym3jaya.jpg

The sanitorium expanded onto a smaller lot, and it is a treatment center. There is an observation room upstairs, as well as a skeleton and brain enhancer, a chalkboard, and the other building houses a special patient's sauna.

Screenshot-20_zpspbuzk93q.jpg

Also, back at UMS - Wilfred got rejected by Minerva a second time. Ever since they've been arguing and fighting ... I'm not sure about these two!

Screenshot-16_zpslybcst7a.jpg

Screenshot-18_zps9ede6nyk.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top