Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Military School?

ok so I have been switching between households recently checking up on the children of my sim and I just got back to the main household today. I have two teens in the main household and they are both in high school and worked hard for them to get into the honor roll and keep up their A's, but when i got back they are suddenly registered as Military Cadet's in their school and their grades has been reduced to the lowest rank with home work and mood at sad faces.

Before switching households i turn off aging and story progression so the main household won't go on with their lives while i check on the others but wth happened? one of my teens already aged and she was automatically assigned a trait because she was not a good high school student. She wasn't also able to graduate or at least have the ceremony.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Which of the three typical choices are you using for story progression? There is no way to exercise any level of control over inactives when switching households if you are using EA's. Such can be done with a customizable version of story progression, such as NRaas or AwesomeMod's.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Which of the three typical choices are you using for story progression? There is no way to exercise any level of control over inactives when switching households if you are using EA's. Such can be done with a customizable version of story progression, such as NRaas or AwesomeMod's.

I have Nraas's SP and EA but i turned both off.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    By switching off NRaas SP's progression entirely, as opposed to just on that household, you are relinquishing control back to EA's system which doesn't always do what one think it might with the checkbox in Game Options disabled. Instead of that, many users keep NRaas' progression on but set up a caste for households they want to play in rotation so that things like this don't happen while playing elsewhere. For households in that caste, you can choose to disallow aging, career progression, finding new jobs, romantic partnering and breakups, moving houses, new pregnancies and adoptions, selling off of inventory, etc. as you wish.

Also by switching off NRaas SP progression entirely, you are opening up the possibility of random emigration of sims you might care about out of town (and therefore out of the game).

The setting to stop the auto-reassigning of schools requires the SP Careers module and is under NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Careers > Options:School.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net