Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A disappearing objects glitch related to 'moveobjects'

Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
I ran into this when recently furnishing a new house.
I would have a counter, and I would use the cheat to arrange both a teamaker and a block of knives (random clutter decor) on a counter in a particular way that would only work with the glitch.
Both of these items would randomly jump into household inventory whenever I either moved the counter, or changed the flooring/walls of the room. Other causes of this are unknown, but I was wondering if this might be relevant to certain people.
These were the only two objects doing this after use of 'moveobjects' - there were others in the lot that were not doing this.

I have sorted this problem out by simply putting both items on the counter normally, despite it looking a tad less neat.

Edit: Thanks to the mod who moved this, I literally missed this forum when looking at the list. (blind moment)
Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    The only time I had the disappearing objects issue was without using that cheat. Do you think it's two separate glitches? Like one caused by the cheat and the other by unknown yet?
  • Options
    The only time I had the disappearing objects issue was without using that cheat. Do you think it's two separate glitches? Like one caused by the cheat and the other by unknown yet?

Most likely. I've been reading around about the disappearing babies and other objects, so I refrained from using "the disappearing objects glitch". But I feel I ought to rename the title slightly to point out that it is going to household inventory rather than the void of non-existence.
    Not sure if the other glitch (or glitches) also store in the inventory.
  • Options
    xXAlexa33XxxXAlexa33Xx Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I have this EXACT glitch constantly and I also use moveobjects quite a lot. I can't change wallpaper or flooring without 5+ pieces of furniture going into my inventory. I have it so bad that random pieces of furniture move back into my household inventory every time I load up the game. And it's usually the same objects - namely, a violin and a towel. I have to open up build mode and put them back every time. Very frustrating.

The most frustrating thing is that it doesn't make any sense. I'll change the wallpaper in a room in the far right corner of the second floor, and 3 vases and a lamp will suddenly disappear from a room in the far left corner of the first floor.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2015
    hey @Kelly_Blake glad you got it to stop wondering if you can recall if you were good about turning off the cheat when in play and turning it back on when in build mode? also did you start the game with the house furnished? or unfurnished? and was it custom?

• Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    hey @Kelly_Blake glad you got it to stop wondering if you can recall if you were good about turning off the cheat when in play and turning it back on when in build mode? also did you start the game with the house furnished? or unfurnished? and was it custom?

I never tried turning it off and on and observing the changes. Might have to do that since I have my game open right now.