Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

release date for the outdoor retreat for the sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I still think it s releasing Tuesday.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I think it will release when the tralier comes out.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    sassyviven wrote: »
    hi still haven't found out what day the outdoor retreat will be released, does anyone have any ideas?

I'm pretty sure Tuesday! Can't wait!
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I think it's coming out Tuesday the 13th. I just have a feeling that's when OR comes out. Now I could be wrong and it might be Thursday. Remember the Live Broadcast,Trailer and Pool Patch came out on the same day in November and on a Tuesday and in game it was saying coming next week like it is now.

Also patches are released on Tuesday's and I believe there is a bug fix patch coming Tuesday but I'm hoping it also adds some new features like being able to set relationships to boy/girlfriend and being able to hang pictures up that your sims take together or of themselves.

I hope they figured it out. I can't play online anymore. It would be so neat if they would fix it to where boyfriend/girlfriend shows up to click in CAS. Have they said they are thinking about it?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the 16th confirmed. That s on a Friday. The December Patch was released on the 16th.

I would think Friday would be the worst day to release a pack -- because if there turn out to be major bugs they won't be able to start working on them till Monday, and by then people will have had a frustrating weekend dealing with them. :|

Aaaaaand you can't wait for 2 days? Srsly some people... I would prefer if it was released earlier because well, I can't wait till it comes out :p but its better if it comes out friday for them to have time to prepare a patch to fix everything before the pack releases, which is pretty much what everyone is asking for .

They've probably already been working on that patch since Monday when everyone was back in the office -- maybe even before if some people either didn't take vacation or came back early. I'm hoping for a bug fix patch on Wednesday -- I think it would be weird logistically to release the patch and the pack on the same day and risk people installing the pack without patching first, especially folks who have automatic updates turned off (so we can pull out our mods/CC folder before patching).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sassyvivensassyviven Posts: 67 Member
    I can't wait either, I'm so excited about it :smiley:
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member

I would think Friday would be the worst day to release a pack -- because if there turn out to be major bugs they won't be able to start working on them till Monday, and by then people will have had a frustrating weekend dealing with them. :|

Aaaaaand you can't wait for 2 days? Srsly some people... I would prefer if it was released earlier because well, I can't wait till it comes out :p but its better if it comes out friday for them to have time to prepare a patch to fix everything before the pack releases, which is pretty much what everyone is asking for .

I understand what you're saying, but, no, I can't wait for two days. Sims 4 seems to be a lot better, but with Sims 3, every time we got a new expansion pack or other content, it broke something else. Sometimes majorly so. I've had expansion packs break my game so bad that it's completely corrupted saves and/or made the entire game unstable. I'm sorry, but if I'm paying for content, I at least want it to work correctly! Now, I understand that, in a game as complex as Sims 4, they can't test for everything. I get that. Still, I want someone around the day it's available for purchase as well as the next few days to fix the inevitable breakage. Because I don't want to purchase DLC, get all excited to use it, then have to wait longer to use it because it's completely broken my game and no one's around to fix it. That's just common sense.

So, while I completely understand where you're coming from (because I'm crazy anxious to play this pack), I would much prefer waiting the two extra days to make sure that there's someone on the other end of customer service if the entire thing blows up in my face, because one of my sims is roasting marshmallows on the fire while camping, another sim does something completely random, and it causes an error that completely destroys my game. I'd rather wait the two extra days than have to sit there for the entire weekend (prime playing time) without any Sims at all.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been fortunate that I haven't had any game-breaking bugs or corrupted saves. Doesn't mean that it won't happen in the future, so I'd rather the pack be released on Thursday so that the gurus will be around Friday to answer questions and to log complaints about bugs so the developers can get to work on fixes quicker.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Caitie85 wrote: »

I understand what you're saying, but, no, I can't wait for two days. Sims 4 seems to be a lot better, but with Sims 3, every time we got a new expansion pack or other content, it broke something else. Sometimes majorly so. I've had expansion packs break my game so bad that it's completely corrupted saves and/or made the entire game unstable. I'm sorry, but if I'm paying for content, I at least want it to work correctly! Now, I understand that, in a game as complex as Sims 4, they can't test for everything. I get that. Still, I want someone around the day it's available for purchase as well as the next few days to fix the inevitable breakage. Because I don't want to purchase DLC, get all excited to use it, then have to wait longer to use it because it's completely broken my game and no one's around to fix it. That's just common sense.

So, while I completely understand where you're coming from (because I'm crazy anxious to play this pack), I would much prefer waiting the two extra days to make sure that there's someone on the other end of customer service if the entire thing blows up in my face, because one of my sims is roasting marshmallows on the fire while camping, another sim does something completely random, and it causes an error that completely destroys my game. I'd rather wait the two extra days than have to sit there for the entire weekend (prime playing time) without any Sims at all.

I'm not sure if I understood your comment but to be clearer :p some people can't play the game either because they are annoyed with the bugs like the bartenders or lots changing their types, or because the game has game crashing bugs.

I want them to release a patch to fix everything before the pack launches, I've heard somewhere they have already "prepared" our game coding to recieve this GP though it coused a ton of bugs, so they need to fix the game first, then launch the GP and then probably launch another bug fixing patch later on. I would rather have my game fixed to play the game pack with only the gamepack bugs and in the end of the weekend inform the devs of the current game bugs other than play the pack with a game full of gliches on top of each other.

The thing is, this last bug fixing patch fot the pack might only come in the end of the month along with free content so players will have to wait for game fixes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »

I can't wait. I'm really hoping they fixed the stuff wrong with the game from the last patch. And the gamepack replacing store stuff is incredible. The price is so great for this mini-EP that has interactions, 3 neighborhoods, ranger store, and so many other things besides the regular CAS, clothes, build/buy, and stuff that was in sets. Can't wait to get a real list of all that's included and see pics/video.

I haven't been able to play online in S4 since the update; not used to this kind of problems. I only had cc and never any mods up until before Supernatural. Before Supernatural, I decided to redo my whole game and then had no cc. I never had any problems with S3 patches, EP, or content. I played the Serenity Retreat from moment one. I think many fussed about S3 not realizing cc and mods they put in their game was the culprit. I never saw problems with S3 except that code one once in a while, but S4 since the Dec. patch has given me problems and this with no cc or mods. Hopefully, it is smother sailing from here on with minimal problems for all. :)

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was just looking at The Sims homepage, and there's nothing on the page about Outdoor Retreat being released some time this week. Why when Sims 4's main title page said coming next week? This was from last week, and there's a screen-shot of the game's main title page saying that that's floating around on here. I'm thinking that Outdoor Retreat was to drop either today or tomorrow. But if EA is saying the 16th, which I believe is this Friday. Then they might be dealing with some last minute bug issues that they'd managed to catch in time. :\
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I think it's coming out Tuesday the 13th. I just have a feeling that's when OR comes out. Now I could be wrong and it might be Thursday. Remember the Live Broadcast,Trailer and Pool Patch came out on the same day in November and on a Tuesday and in game it was saying coming next week like it is now.

Also patches are released on Tuesday's and I believe there is a bug fix patch coming Tuesday but I'm hoping it also adds some new features like being able to set relationships to boy/girlfriend and being able to hang pictures up that your sims take together or of themselves.

I hope they figured it out. I can't play online anymore. It would be so neat if they would fix it to where boyfriend/girlfriend shows up to click in CAS. Have they said they are thinking about it?
    No they haven't but I've mentioned it to them.