Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, Please do me a favor and fix these "small" things.

I keep trying to enjoy this game. I've modded the ever-loving daylights out of it to make it more suitable to my playstyle. I go back to TS2&3 much more these days, but when I do try to slog through this game again, I run into 3 things that are driving me absolutely crazy. If there were mods for them I would have taken care of it long ago, but as it stands...
  1. Autonomous Hugging: I get it, they like each other, they're happy to be breathing the same air as their family members; but can you just tone it down a bit? It's seriously frustrating when I have an hour to get my Sim out the door for work (and it takes 2 hours to eat) and she drops everything because 3 people want to hug her mid-meal.
  2. Fireplace Inferno: I have no idea why you even changed this? Why would you break it on purpose? Mantels are meant to have things on them. The constant fires might seem funny to someone, somewhere, but I'm not terribly amused. You want to have a game for pyros then please go ahead and bring those Firemen back, thanks.
  3. "Nicely Decorated" moodlet: Can you please tune this so that it doesn't override all other Emotions my Sim should be feeling all the time? It's not terribly hard to become rich in this game, so my Sim has a great house. Which means that no matter how much she should be feeling bad because she's Neat and sitting in a dirty room, she's still going to be SO happy because of that nice sofa in the corner. Which renders Emotions more pointless than they already feel.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    OMG, someone is listening!!! Thank you Dr. Chillgood!

Less/No Good/Bad Surroundings Buffs

<3
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    The autonomous socializing kills me. What if I just want my one Sim to weed the garden and my other Sim to eat breakfast? How is this "you rule" when all I'm doing is switching between sims cancelling interactions?
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    The autonomous socializing kills me. What if I just want my one Sim to weed the garden and my other Sim to eat breakfast? How is this "you rule" when all I'm doing is switching between sims cancelling interactions?

Exactly. And once I get more than 2 Sims in a household, it feels like I'm herding cats. I spend so much time heading them off before they can go sprinting away with their breakfast to socialize.

Can't tell you how many close calls I had with my Sim's kid daughter wanting to hug her dad while he's on the toilet. Good thing I turned emotional deaths off. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »
    OMG, someone is listening!!! Thank you Dr. Chillgood!

Less/No Good/Bad Surroundings Buffs

<3
    Yup, that's me!

I got a request for "no nicely decorated", and I was also frustrated with Sims always getting whiny after a repair because of the towering Trash Pile generated for you to salvage parts from that really just stinks up the room, so I did them both in one sitting.

You. Are. My. Hero.

Seriously, I can't thank you enough! My Mod Folder and I salute you.
  • Options
    Yeah that trash pile is so op, not even funny.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

I have to do that at times too ... can you please just let the sim use the computer in peace ... she doesn't need you looking over her shoulder to see what she is doing while you have the endless need to talk to her, balancing the plate and eating the hamburger at the same time.
  • Options
    Remember in ts3 when they had options on how to do things and also that sort of slider on the icon so you could keep doing something until the skill increased, or "catch 5 fish" if you didn't want to fish forever? That could be really helpful here, if they added options to eat a "quick" meal (meaning only do this) or the option to hover over the current action and click "disable multitasking" - even better, give us the option to disable it entirely for awhile. I would find that very handy. On the whole I think they should just tweak it so the multitasking doesn't make things so inefficient.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I do remember those sliders ... great idea. Those would come in so handy if it would help keep the sim focused on whatever task and be able to ignore everything else for a while.
  • Options
    I'll add it to that thread in the ideas section, the one that got stickied :) maybe someone will see it!
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    My sim is STARVING but he JUST has to walk through the entire house outside to talk to his brother who is gardening. <_< Or walk after her mother who is heading to work with a plate in his hand.
  • Options
    Om358Om358 Posts: 178 Member
    Yes, all three. #2 was a bit of overkill from what I noticed. I remember saying "more fires" in a feedback post, not just look at the fireplace sideways and your house burst into flames ;)
  • Options
    Om358 wrote: »
    Yes, all three. #2 was a bit of overkill from what I noticed. I remember saying "more fires" in a feedback post, not just look at the fireplace sideways and your house burst into flames ;)

No joke. I haven't been able to turn the fireplace on at all since the last patch because I always put the TV above it and the 2 times I tried, I managed to blow up my Sim without fail.

Like I said...I have no idea why someone thought this would be cool :( . I just want a nice, cozy fire for the Living Room, not a World of Warcraft Boss battle.
  • Options
    NotThatOneGuyNotThatOneGuy Posts: 68 Member

No joke. I haven't been able to turn the fireplace on at all since the last patch because I always put the TV above it and the 2 times I tried, I managed to blow up my Sim without fail.

Like I said...I have no idea why someone thought this would be cool :( . I just want a nice, cozy fire for the Living Room, not a World of Warcraft Boss battle.

That's strange. I got a fireplace with a tv above it and plants on either side and its never caught on fire. I've even used the cheapest fireplace with tons of rugs and decorations around it (to purposely burn a few sims to death), and it took days for it to catch on fire both times I tried it. I had to keep making the prisoners food -_-
    goat.gifaa6f9c8d1fc81c6596939ec80fce0e42-goat-jumps-on-bed.gif
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Madame Butterfly at Naughty Sims Asylum has a fix for the fireplace inferno. :)

• Options

Madame Butterfly at Naughty Sims Asylum has a fix for the fireplace inferno. :)

Thank you so much for that! I'll be downloading it now :)
  • Options

That's strange. I got a fireplace with a tv above it and plants on either side and its never caught on fire. I've even used the cheapest fireplace with tons of rugs and decorations around it (to purposely burn a few sims to death), and it took days for it to catch on fire both times I tried it. I had to keep making the prisoners food -_-

Well, all I can say is you are fortunate. I had instant fires the 2 times I tried, so I never bothered trying it again.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2015
    There is a mod to help with the third one. But yeah I think the Sims 4 is meant to be a sadistic game in which Sims would rather kill each other or die or get exhausted collecting million of things than be a friendly and interactive and social type of game. Emotional deaths annoy me more than anything, but yay mods.

The saddest part about number two is we no longer have hot firefighters to come rescue us. I feel sorry for households with only one Sim and no one to put the fire out if it catches on them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller