Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help - My UI has Disappeared Cannot Get out of Camera Mode

I saved my game last night. I'm 99% certain I was not in camera mode when I did so.

I opened it today and the game was in camera mode (I thought) because there was no UI to be seen. I hit tab to bring me out of camera mode, but all that did was put a red box around the screen. I can see the options and library folders, etc., at the top. I can scroll over them to get little "access your library here" pop-ups, but I can't click on any of them. I could not go into options to see if I had messed up my camera settings.

I can hit 1 and 0 to pause and unpause the game, but I cannot select a sim. When I try to do so my mouse cursor jumps over to the left.

I did clear out cache files according to Concrit's advice this morning. It's not the first time I've done so. I've never experienced problems with it in the past. I can stick them back in the game, but wanted to check here first. Maybe I hit a key without realizing it?

Can anyone shed some light on this (probably) user error problem?

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    The only thing I can think of is that it might have something to do with the resolution, maybe but idrk, have you tried pressing escape button to try and get the options menu?
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Yah. I tried escape and it didn't work (also Q for quit and C for camera). I also put the deleted cache items back into the game just in case. Still no go. I'll try to load up one of the alternate save versions in a little bit and see if that works. Weird. I DLed some new CC--just clothing. CC usually doesn't mess with your game, but I'll go the whole "remove mods folder and check" route.

It really feels as though it's something to do with the camera because of the swiftness of the camera scrolling.
  • Options
    If all else fails try repairing the game via origin.
  • Options
    Yeah. I think it might be a mod I forgot about. Easily fixed. I should have checked all of that before posting. My cat tried to reformat my laptop yesterday (seriously, she somehow set it back to factory defaults) so my first reaction is, "OMG What else did she do?"
  • Options
    Yeah. I think it might be a mod I forgot about. Easily fixed. I should have checked all of that before posting. My cat tried to reformat my laptop yesterday (seriously, she somehow set it back to factory defaults) so my first reaction is, "OMG What else did she do?"

Wow, that makes me wonder what my cat's capable of.
  • Options
    It's not the first time she's done something weird to a laptop. She's a master at finding that weird inverted/sideways monitor setting, too! Don't tell anyone, but I suspect she may be the real culprit behind the Sony hacking.
  • Options
    XD