Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NaLeWriMo 2015 - Carr Troubles - updated 06 Jan 2015

EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
NaLeWriMo 2015

The official rules

The rules I will be playing by

1. Start in January
2. Start an all new legacy
3. Try to get to generation 4 by the end of January
4. It doesn't matter what lot you start on because full legacy rules don't apply here
5. Since I don't have male pregnancy mods, adoptions are OK and count towards heir-dom
6. Each generation starts when the torch bearer hits YA
7. This means you don't get to finish when Gen 4 is born - you actually have to play until the Gen 4 torch bearer takes over
8. Have fun and try not to go insane in the process

(Cross-posted from the AU/NZ forums)
All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
#EAGameChangers
Post edited by Engram on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Image of family tree

Intro

Generation 1 ~ Life Is A Highway
    Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Download Michael ~*~*~* Download Carr Wreck (the house)
    Post edited by Engram on

#EAGameChangers
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    001_Michael_zps17850c05.png
    This is Michael.

002_House_zps3db3fbaf.png
    This is the house that Michael built. Or purchased. Or inherited. Or just generally it somehow came into his possession via a series of strange events and misadventures.

He kitted it out with some furniture he bought at a flea market. The most valuable item in the place is the computer he built while under a very strong delusion that he was soon going to become a successful writer and sell his first novel for millions, to great adulation from an adoring pub/lic. For now, he has 22 bucks and a rather ugly little house to his name.

Will Michael succeed in his endeavour to become a famous author? Will he manage to scrounge up enough money for meals and bills or will he go bankrupt within a week? Will Engram manage to stay sane while trying to play through 4 generations in 4 weeks?

You will just have to keep coming back to find out!

#EAGameChangers
  • Options
    Generation 1 - Part 1

I'm going to try to keep these to around 10 images each. I have no idea what the forum limit is but I'll try to keep things image-light.

01-01-15_5-51nbspPM_zps6275e6d6.png

01-01-15_6-05nbspPM-3_zps818165c0.png

Given that he has 22 bucks to his name, Michael quickly comes up with a plan to earn sweet sweet cash.

Step 1. Write novel.

Step 2. Self publish novel.

Step 3. Be adored.

Step 4. …

Step 5. Profit.

(To the tune of 4 simoleons per day. It’s enough to cover his daily food requirements. The upcoming bills are another matter altogether.)

01-01-15_6-47nbspPM_zpsa06cfe7b.png

Updated street view of his little area. Somewhat random but it was in my screenshots folder for a reason. No idea what that reason originally was but I used the picture anyway.

01-01-15_6-50nbspPM_zps098103c2.png

01-01-15_6-51nbspPM_zpse4a8235a.png

Since the writing isn’t paying off as quickly as he’d like, Michael gets desperate and starts digging under rocks and rummaging in logs.

01-01-15_7-27nbspPM_zpsc39f77a6.png

20 simoleons (or thereabouts) richer, Michael now has the confidence to accost greet some neighbours walking past his house.

01-01-15_7-28nbspPM-3_zps3997a19f.png

*frantic waving at Cassandra Goth from my corner*

01-01-15_8-13nbspPM_zps2ffbc190.png

I turned off postprocessing after Nina and… the other lady… left. And - le gasp! - my game stopped glowing. I was so happy I sent Michael to the park to steal hot dogs cooked by townies but he decided to play chess instead. Spoil sport!

01-01-15_8-22nbspPM_zpsf38082d7.png

01-01-15_8-23nbspPM_zpsa6a6f1d7.png

Having failed at the whole “stealing food from strangers” thing, I made Michael fish for his supper.

He caught a plumbing part. NOM!

(Part 2 coming later tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I manage to get myself organised enough to post it)

#EAGameChangers
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    A plumbing part for supper. Wow, he'll be eating well tonight.

Writing novels is at least a lot quicker and more profitable in Sims 4. In Sims 3 - they pretty much could not finish a novel in a day - ever. They only got their royalties on Sunday at noon - though they did get a little cash while writing. But he'll be getting money every day which is a big plus.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    When I saw him fish up the box I was all "yay! cow plant seed!" so imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be a plumbing part.

He's doing OK on the novels. Part of my personal challenge rules, which I didn't include in the post, was that he was not allowed to get a job until he finished the first tier of his ambition. Michael was eating plumbing parts for a couple of days.

#EAGameChangers
  • Options
    Most times when I get a box - it's one of the sim figures. Which is worth money if he doesn't need to be playful at the moment.

How nice of you to let him have a job. Sam got to do 'starving artist' that entire lifetime. If he didn't write enough, he couldn't provide for himself - and eventually for his family.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    Plum is doing the whole clone "live only off the ambition/LTW" thing where she gets to suffer all the horrors that entails. Though she will have *some* jobs where the ambition doesn't involve something that brings in an income (eg. Bodybuilder - she can't live off of going to the gym and building her athletic). Michael is having a rather cushy life by comparison.

#EAGameChangers
  • Options
    Cruel to the clones - that's the spirit!
    - Sammy 1 in ts4 has lived a pretty cushy life though. I'll have to work harder for Sammy 2