Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for new Updates

YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
edited April 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey guys,

I opened a new discussion because I want thought about ideas for new features in the new updates, so I am really interested in your opinion and your ideas. Perhaps I will try to write these ideas to one of the SimGurus :D
c6fj8ujnodut.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    For example one of my ideas is to enable the feature to save faces and bodies because in my opinion it would make it more easier to make a sim like his or her own mind
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    Now its your turn! Please give me ideas and feedback :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    YJP19299 wrote: »
    For example one of my ideas is to enable the feature to save faces and bodies because in my opinion it would make it more easier to make a sim like his or her own mind

Omg I want that feature as well! :O
    Also I want these things added with patches if possible:
    - Terrain Tools (Water AND Ground/terrain tools)
    - Proper Story Progression feature, similar to The Sims 3 and Twallan's Story Progression mode
    - Better babies (ability to carry them, different eye colors, clothes, pacifiers, better skin colors etc.)
    - Toddlers!
    - World editing tools/Create a world in game
    - Family Trees
    - Basements
    :D
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66 you have good ideas :D The fact with the family trees is exactly the thing I would wish for because maybe it would be mqking the aspiration "Big Happy Family" much easier :D

c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    In future updates:
    1. Toddlers would be nice (even though TS3 toddlers were a waste of space, which was sad), but temper tantrums would be so cool with the emotional moodlets
    2. Inheritance payments or objects that belonged to the friend/family member (it was great in TS2)
    3. Cars - even if they remain stationary objects that a handy sim can work on. Travelling would still pass to a loading screen, but you're getting in car like in TS2. Plus, I would love cars to have costs like MOT and insurance just to make it cost to keep a car; so that when the bills are not paid, your car can go too. (which also reminds me about the repo man ;) )
    :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    The idea with the car is really good. Its getting on my nerves that there are cars driving in the neighborhood and I can't :(
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    There is one idea I can rewind. I really miss the create your own style mode. I am not interested in downloading custom content for having the same clothes with another look :(
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2015
    First I would like sims to have more personality back, Favorite would have gone great with their emotions, Favorite color, foods, genre of music, books, movies, games. I hope they bring it back and topped off with more, favorite weather (seasons), favorite animal (pets), sports.

Expand on traits, like how teenagers only have 2 slots.
    Babies should have 1 (make it seem like they are more than objects)
    (Toddler should have 2)
    children should have 3
    (I have a feeling they'll do Preteens so they should have 4)
    Teenagers should have 4 (5 after preteens)
    Young Adults 5 (6 after preteens)
    Adults & Elders get 6 (7 after preteens)
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Yeah the fact with the Traits confused me, too. Maybe the sims haven't got so many Traits because of the emotions and the aspirations
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    When I talk about emotions, I can say I am sometimes a little bit worried. They changed so much that there are times that they are uncontrolable :(
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I'm not sure if all that I'd like to see could be accomplished in an update, but I suppose a small list wouldn't hurt:

Put out a version of the Game (on disc) that doesn't require registration with Origin

Make babies proper little people and stop them being stuck in their cribs

Bring back toddlers

Stop the awful routing thingy that makes Sims merge into each other

Allow the player to see how their Sims are doing whilst they are at work

Bring back an open world. Loading screens are not acceptable and don't allow for teleportation of the Sims which is always so useful when they're in a hurry

Bring back CaST

Dp something about lighting and textures to stop the game looking so plastic

Terrain tools - stop the world from being so flat

Do something to stop the game from being so juvenile

Bring back family trees and correct relationships between Sims

Vastly improve the multi-tasking
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    I personally feel so deprived as a simmer with the lack of Christmas themed long johns and demand that the game is updated to include this feature. I just look fabulous in those. ;)
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    isaiah_cornuttisaiah_cornutt Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it would be cool to someday connect SimCity with The Sims and be able to use then in unison. Take this for example, on SimCity I could build a working city that runs and does everything fine. Then, I could import that into The Sims and make a household in which I could move into a house in the city that I created. Now, I understand there could be many problems with that but I think they could be solved and make The Sims and SimCity better franchises then they already are.

And, in another update of The Sims 4 I do agree with many of the people on here that they should bring toddlers back. I mean I've been playing The Sims ever since the first one was released and I've loved the toddlers even though they can be a lot I still love them, and I really miss having them in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    DCMarbausDCMarbaus Posts: 25 Member
    Door locks. I sound like a broken record. Without door locks, playing a large household with visitors is a mess.
  • Options
    I-Am-Unicorn123I-Am-Unicorn123 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2015
    Create A World
    Unicorns
    MAC COMPATIBILITY for EVERYTHING! Including making CC
    Create a Style/Color Wheel
    Toddlers
    Pre Teens
    Larger Neighborhoods
    Visitable Restaurants
    TS3 Ambitionslike Careers
    School and Education Career
    Cars
    School Busses
    Interactive School/Work
    Apartments w/ Stores and Restaurants Underneath
    Pets
    Unicorns
    The Ability to Call Granite Falls Gravity Falls
    University
    Travel
    Shopping
    Weather where it doesn't rain every other day
    Seasons
    Llamas
    Justine Keaton
    More Careers (Medical, Law, Self Employed, Artist, Daycare)
    The Ability to own a Business
    Unicorns
    CC In the Gallery
    Easels for kids
    Unicorns
    Youtube
    More traits per sim
    NPC Firefighters
    Locked Doors
    Pool Parties
    Aliens
    Alien Abduction
    Larger Lots
    Unicorns
    Schnoodles

Oh and

UNICORNS
    Post edited by I-Am-Unicorn123 on
    oh god i really did make this account when I was 11 and it shows
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    In future Updates here is what I want/ am expecting:

Door locks
    Toodlers
    Emotion Moodlets Value Rework
    Babies to be clickable, not just the bassinet, and baby interactable UI to see the baby's needs
    Basements
    Pool Parties, floats and diving board
    Firefighter and repairman NPC's
    Story progression
    Carpools
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    friendsivemadefriendsivemade Posts: 44 Member
    Bring back Create a Style or Upgrade Worlds-
    With loading screens, Create a Style should be fine. The main problem with it in TS3 was that you had to wait for texture to load because it was a giant open world. Now that we have to wait, it shouldn't be a problem. Another thing is that Swatches are REALLY annoying, being someone who uses CC. The swatch colors confuse me now and it takes up a lot of space. I assume that Upgrading Worlds would be easier just because it's already in game, just needs to be fixed up. I personally want a bigger world. Section them off into parts instead of giving us new worlds. Another thing is that I'd love to start a new game with the world first, not at CAS. That way I can bulldoze a specific lot so they can move in easier, especially if it's a bigger lot. Speaking of bulldozing, Manage Worlds should probably make it easier to bulldoze buildings. I shouldn't have to wait long to load the house just to bulldoze it. Also with worlds, we should be able to save versions of the worlds maybe in the Gallery, not to mention make our own worlds.

Locking Doors -
    This will probably be added but I've been thinking of learning how to mod this in if they don't do it soon.

Teen Clothes -
    Just, we need it. I need it.

CC Content -
    You know the Sims Resource? How you can share CC? Put. That. In. The. Gallery.

Fix the Gallery -
    I think they're working on it so...

Toddles -
    The obvious one. Give me a game pack of toddlers. Family junk in general. Also, it's kinda weird that there's an Age Up option on Babies.

Round Things -
    Round Walls. Round Pools.

Shortcuts / Shorter Cheat Codes -
    bb.imdyingoverheretryingtoremembereverything. There's a mod for this though.

Telescopes, That Stuff -
    Why are they like HUGE THINGS. I understand the whole WooHoo stuff but normal telescopes are rad & very good for pictures and stuff.

Poses -
    Poses in general but mostly in the Gallery.

Relationships -
    In CAS I'd love to set Uncle/Aunt/Cousin/Step-Brother/Grandma easier.

Create a Style -
    I have this twice because I miss it a lot. Like A lot. If they add in a Hex color box, I'd be happy. Just give us more customization.
  • Options
    @I-Am-Unicorn123 Is Justine Keaton your favourite sim or why do you put her into your ideas? :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I would like to see an "Alien Update" and since the game already mentions aliens so much and we already have the green skin, I would think it would be relatively easy to add.

Just add the pointy ears, black eyes, space suits, and flying saucers. Along with coding in some cute/funny interactions, maybe an "alien walk-type", along with adding abductions and male pregnancy. LOL ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top