Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Idea- Take this one straight to EA people!!

Why hasn't EA put out an expansion that is about renovating or home improvement? Kind of like the Interior Design career on the Ambitions Expansion pack but instead of having to go right into Build or Buy mode, it's basically a mixture of all three modes (build/buy/live). Almost like they add a new mode called "Renovate" and it gives your sim the ability to change aspects of rooms, the size of rooms, even the style of furniture. Based on the sims favorite color, music style, and perhaps even a "style preference" trait it could give the sim 3 options of the item they want to change. It'd also be awesome if they could incorporate like a "style finder" that asks the sim what they are looking for and the sim can choose 3 "traits" they are looking for in whatever it is they are changing. For example, lets say Susie Sim is redecorating her bedroom and she wants a bed that: 1. Has a high head board 2. Is a king size 3. Has storage underneath. Then the Style Finder shows her the top three option beds that fit her criteria.
It sounds like a total winner to me. Heck.. Home Depot or Lowes should get on that and team up with EA!!!
What do you guys think? Would you buy this Expansion?!

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    It IS a good idea. But it's too original for them to actually do.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @jcp011c2 I agree, it does sound good but EA are unlikely to do it :)
  • Options
    GeneralTsoIntoSimsGeneralTsoIntoSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Miffo... I freaking LOVE your pic. Maybe that should be an expansion pack. HAHA

It is pretty original, maybe they'll read this and incorporate it for sims 4... :(
  • Options
    GeminiJake01GeminiJake01 Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2015
    It could even become a business for sims, like a new career, I know people who renovate homes for a living and earn money for doing it by selling them, but I think that wouldn't work on the sims, they could some how make it so that, your sim goes to work at the "Renovation Center" or something like that.. and then renovate homes, and you can have the option to renovate one yourself every so often, like a message could pop up one day while your sim is at work.

Love the idea! :)
    bff0ff84-f32f-4ab7-9f3e-99681d841a1c_zpsxwxnn1qm.jpg
    If only life was as simple as the sims...
    ♣♣♣♣ My Builds Thread ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣ My Gallery ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣Origin ID: TwinSimmers24♣♣♣♣
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I like this idea, also!
  • Options
    I-Am-Unicorn123I-Am-Unicorn123 Posts: 137 Member
    As a game pack maybe...
    oh god i really did make this account when I was 11 and it shows
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    > @GeneralTsoIntoSims said:
    > Why hasn't EA put out an expansion that is about renovating or home improvement? Kind of like the Interior Design career on the Ambitions Expansion pack but instead of having to go right into Build or Buy mode, it's basically a mixture of all three modes (build/buy/live). Almost like they add a new mode called "Renovate" and it gives your sim the ability to change aspects of rooms, the size of rooms, even the style of furniture. Based on the sims favorite color, music style, and perhaps even a "style preference" trait it could give the sim 3 options of the item they want to change. It'd also be awesome if they could incorporate like a "style finder" that asks the sim what they are looking for and the sim can choose 3 "traits" they are looking for in whatever it is they are changing. For example, lets say Susie Sim is redecorating her bedroom and she wants a bed that: 1. Has a high head board 2. Is a king size 3. Has storage underneath. Then the Style Finder shows her the top three option beds that fit her criteria.
    > It sounds like a total winner to me. Heck.. Home Depot or Lowes should get on that and team up with EA!!!
    > What do you guys think? Would you buy this Expansion?!

Maybe for a game pack? Or even a stuff pack.
    moss

• Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    @millerolsen I am for anything that would have something to do with being a home interior decorator as an ambition! I like your idea of consulting with the client to get their wishes, and then being able to use a "style finder" in order to fulfill the wish or dream of the client. If they could make it similar to the renovating shows on tv today, that would be great! I hope someone on the team notices this idea! :)