Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crossing Borders - 12/30/14

-This is my first story so please bear with me on this one.!-

This story consists of two distinct races, Human's & Nu's. It's a story of a love that "wasn't meant to be" or was it just not wanted? Follow me through this struggle of wanting to please the family but also chase after love. Dea Ell is in love with a Human, Jack Yung. What will she do? What will her family have to say about this? Follow Dea's story while she struggles to deal with her parents, Hea and Dav, and her younger sister, Rea, who is often times just as bad as her parents.

A brief explanation of the Nu race: Nu is a race that was formerly unknown to most Human's. Nu's have black horns that adorn their heads, they have ghastly white skin, grey pupil-less eyes, and pale reddish lips. Nu's are a very pompous race, they're very into themselves and can be self-centered at times. In Dea's case, her parents are very strict on their customs, no dating or marriage outside of their own race, and limited amount of fraternization with Human's. Dea's parents are also huge snobs and only truly care about their appearance within their community, they want to look popular, talented, rich, and glamorous.

However, Dea doesn't want any of that, she wants to follow her heart - which leads her back to Jack.

-quick note : this first chapter or installment will be a bit awkward because I'm trying to explain backgrounds and events that already happened, while also trying to give character details and it's just hard. ;D please bear with me-

Dea is a struggling model and was at a show for a very popular fashion designer, and Jack just happened to be doing a story on the fashion designer for his column. When his eyes landed on Dea his jaw dropped and he couldn't take his gaze off of her. He'd never seen anyone like her and he fell into love with her almost immediately. After Dea finished her show, she was walking around with the designer in one of her gowns - talking to fashion buyers - when she noticed Jack's adoring gaze. Dea smiled at him and waved him over. That's when they hit it off - Dea was able to get Jack the opportunity of a life time to get a personal interview with not only one of the most popular fashion designers but also a leading fashion buyer at the time. After the show finished completely Dea came out of the dressing room and was greeted by Jack again. They exchanged numbers and agreed to get together sometime.
When Dea arrived at home, she was met with glaring parents and they demanded to know why they saw her talking with a Human. Dea stubbornly pointed out that not only was he a human but so was the fashion designer and the buyer that she had spent more time talking to - they just brushed that comment off as "well they're your bosses" - and demanded to know who this boy was. Dea just said he was a column writer and wanted to get a story from the three of them, and forgot a few questions so he came back. Luckily, they believed her this time.

The day after that incident Dea received her photos from the makeup artist that did her make up that night and was estatic with how they turned out. She needed to put more photos in her portfolio and these were perfect.

a561009e-29e8-436b-ba1b-7413af2aa926_zps19912fb5.png

After Dea added the photos to her portfolio she decided to give Jack a call, she made sure her parents weren't home, and then dialed his number

"Hello?" - Jack
"Hey..-just a quick heads up if I start acting like this is a business call just roll with it ok? It just means my parents came home..-" - Dea
"Got it.. So how are you?" - Jack
"I'm doing well, I got my photos from last night and they turned out really well. I'm hoping it'll help get more jobs soon.." - Dea
"Oh has it not been going well lately?" - Jack
"Nah, it's been pretty slow until last night. Hopefully that article you post will also help me land some jobs haha." - Dea
"I'm sure it will, so you wanna hang out or something later?" - Jack
"Sure why not, I have no jobs tonight-- But I'd love to come in and take some profile shots for my portfolio, Mr Shu. Yeah yeah I think that'd be the perfect thing to spice up my portfolio... -- 8 pm? Sure -- And meet you by the park in front of your studio again? or -- Okay yeah sure Mr Shu... Yeah talk to you then. --Hello Moth-" - Dea, interrupted by her mother coming home, had to quickly recover her conversation.

I'll end this installment/chapter here. I don't want to overload this part. I'll finish it off with a shot of Dea and a shot of Jack, I don't have any of the parents saved at the moment or the sister but I'll edit them in later.

cd7dbdd1-8702-4926-91d4-ec02de835603_zpsdd3e9727.png

-Jack Yung-
20 years old, writer, Human, boyfriend-soon to be husband-of Dea.
--

9208be14-7191-4705-8fb5-acc2dee98020_zps1d935fb8.png

-Dea Ell-
20 years old, starving Model, Nu, oldest daughter of the family.
--

Comments

• Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I'm sadly having to discontinue this story..
    Some funky dunky stuff happened with my game and all but my most current saved family was..well- saved.
    - And uh.. It took me upwards of 4 hours, to create these very detailed race, plus getting everyone's names, everyone's looks, everyone's background story (this sucks the most because I was so excited about it..), building their house exactly how I pictured it..not to mention the unknown amount of hours it took just to find all the correct cc.. Gah this sucks :cry:
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I am so sorry to hear that :( It's always sad when something happens to the saves