Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 quitting in Buymode

I often lose around 1 hour of progress only to press G1 (With out any commands on it) on my Corsair key and the game then brings up the 'Quit, yes or no?' Prompt for a split second before quitting without saving, even though the G1 Button has no commands on it, pressing the windows key lock also has the same results. Any way of forcing saving and quitting?
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, sounds like a keyboard compatibility/driver issue to me. Either the game interprets the keybord data wrong and glitches due to corrupted data, or there is something wrong with the keyboard/drivers. You might want to check if the keyboard cables are firmly in place, and see if the drivers have any presets for Sims 3 active. Have you had any trouble with your keyboard in other games and programs, or is it just Sims 3?

You might want to also try unplugging and then plugging the keyboard back in or change USB ports, sometimes that fixes keyboard-related problems, if its a simple matter of glitched software or loose hardware connection. if these quick remedies don't work, it may be a driver-related problem or a problem with your copy of Sims 3.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    > @HunterInShadow said:
    > Hmm, sounds like a keyboard compatibility/driver issue to me. Either the game interprets the keybord data wrong and glitches due to corrupted data, or there is something wrong with the keyboard/drivers. You might want to check if the keyboard cables are firmly in place, and see if the drivers have any presets for Sims 3 active. Have you had any trouble with your keyboard in other games and programs, or is it just Sims 3?
    >
    > You might want to also try unplugging and then plugging the keyboard back in or change USB ports, sometimes that fixes keyboard-related problems, if its a simple matter of glitched software or loose hardware connection. if these quick remedies don't work, it may be a driver-related problem or a problem with your copy of Sims 3.

I've tried it with the Sims 1,2 and 4 without issues. Also updating the drivers and reinstalling a Hard-Copy and a Digital version haven't worked that much.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    not sure i follow the issue are you saying you cant use a DOS command with out it glitching, if so i would save more often and not use the key commands. it sounds like some type of software conflict is happening so you can keep researching the problem, sorry i just havent seen this with 3 but if you use any core mods remove properly and test again