Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I get rid of this baby bottle?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    joyce19791joyce19791 Posts: 420 Member
    edited August 2009
    Have you tried deleting the floor it's on? (Ideally, foundation but I don't know where it is in the house!)

It won't let me delete the foundation were the bottle is.
    And deleting the cache-file didn't work either.
    It's frustrating.
  • Options
    xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thisisedie wrote:
    thisisedie wrote:
    How can you have 8 babies or toddlers... there has to be an adult on the lot.

The person who suggested resetting the Sim who was using the bottle meant to reset the child who was drinking from it. Just reset all babies/toddlers. Or everyone on the lot for that matter. Can't hurt.

Again... I say try this. It isn't going to take you forever and it can't hurt anything. Even if you can't remember which baby was using it, just reset them all. I'm pretty sure someone with a similar problem solved it by doing exactly what I told you.

It seems like you've tried everything else anyway. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thisisedie wrote:
    thisisedie wrote:
    How can you have 8 babies or toddlers... there has to be an adult on the lot.

The person who suggested resetting the Sim who was using the bottle meant to reset the child who was drinking from it. Just reset all babies/toddlers. Or everyone on the lot for that matter. Can't hurt.

Again... I say try this. It isn't going to take you forever and it can't hurt anything. Even if you can't remember which baby was using it, just reset them all. I'm pretty sure someone with a similar problem solved it by doing exactly what I told you.

It seems like you've tried everything else anyway. :P

Yes, I'm going to try that too.
  • Options
    thisisediethisisedie Posts: 177 New Member
    edited August 2009
    For the future reference of others with the same problem... did it work?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thisisedie wrote:
    For the future reference of others with the same problem... did it work?

No, it didn't :(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anyone else?
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited August 2009
    If you've already tried using the sledgehammer (and not just clicking on the bottle but doing the click-and-drag way), I'm out of ideas. Sorry!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ... move them out of the house and then move them back in?

I'll try to come up with more ideas.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ... move them out of the house and then move them back in?

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm sure I'll loose something in the proces (inventory, books, upportunities, etc).
  • Options
    PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    edited August 2009
    So this may not help, but I have the same problem, I just turned on move objects on and placed the bottle underneath the trash can...it's still there but at least I can't see it...Not sure if you mentioned already or not if you can move the bottle at all...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So this may not help, but I have the same problem, I just turned on move objects on and placed the bottle underneath the trash can...it's still there but at least I can't see it...Not sure if you mentioned already or not if you can move the bottle at all...

Yes, I can move the bottle. This may be my only sollution. Thank you.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,727 Member
    edited August 2009
    You could try and use the sledge hammer on it and see if that works. I sometimes resorted to that tool in Sims2 when things got stuck and nothing else worked.

Let me know if that does it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You could try and use the sledge hammer on it and see if that works. I sometimes resorted to that tool in Sims2 when things got stuck and nothing else worked.

Let me know if that does it.

I've already tried that, but thanks anyway. I Guess I have to use the move objects cheat to place it somewhere where I can't see it :lol:
  • Options
    CherrieyCherriey Posts: 210 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have a similar problem: my Sim finished a juice box and left it on the counter. When I told her to throw it away she walked over to it and it disappeared from her queue so she went to do something else. This happens every time I ask her to clean it up. Now it has attracted flies and gives her ten minutes of disgust but can't be moved. I tried going into my building mode and hammering it but it says it can't do that because she's 'still using it'. I did the same thing to the counter its sitting on but got the exact same result. I'm not sure what else to do. What is this 'moveobjects' cheat?
  • Options
    EbarooneyEbarooney Posts: 32
    edited September 2011
    The exact thing happened to me, i think it might happen if too many people try to feed the baby a bottle at once. :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    HARDENSWIFTHARDENSWIFT Posts: 434 New Member
    edited September 2011
    You might want to try twallan's debug enabler and doing a radius purge of 1 around it. I did this with invisible pizza. Thing is the invisible pizza was on a desk so i was able to delete the desk with the invisible pizza on and get rid of it. If its on the floor i don't know if this will work.
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited September 2011
    Could you use testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click it and press delete object?
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2011
    When my lots glitch out I have a couple of things I try:

1) reset sim - work yes > then stop there, no > step 2

2) send a sim, preferably affected one on trip
    - work yes > then stop there, no > step 3

3) I go into edit town mode, save the whole lot family house and everything to the bin, then delete the lot then replace family on same lot. (I loose nothing built up this way.)

These set of step has taken care of all glitches except game lag for me.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Could you use testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click it and press delete object?

^^^ This is what I would try next, that *should* delete pretty much anything. Good luck! :) Hope you get rid of it.
  • Options
    IAmtheGoblinKingIAmtheGoblinKing Posts: 317 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Sianystar wrote:

^^^ This is what I would try next, that *should* delete pretty much anything. Good luck! :) Hope you get rid of it.

Deleting the object by holding Shift and Click should work. I've never had it NOT work before. 8)
  • Options
    LeahWansleyLeahWansley Posts: 1
    edited February 2012

YOU ROCK!!!! THAT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!! I totally didn't think of doing that, but I tried and the bottles are FINALLY gone for me anyways. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :!: :!: :P :lol::mrgreen: