Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windowed vs Full Screen

I used to play all my Sims games in windowed mode because I could easily multitask and chat, scroll simblr, etc. But I recently realized that playing in full screen is soooo much faster. My loading screens in windowed mode were pushing 2 minutes and now they're 25 seconds. Just a heads up for other windowed mode players out there.
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    blankspaceblankspace Posts: 169 Member
    Hmnm. It's always about 10 seconds in windowed mode. It's so long.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I generally play in full screen.
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Full screen always has better performance than windowed even in sims 2.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I play in windowed mode because I like to chat on Steam while I'm playing, and my The Sims games are on origin (and I have no friends on origin because everybody hates it). I really can see the difference on the load times, too, but mine is not as extreme as yours.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I play in windowed mode because my WiFi connection tends to drop without warning so I can monitor it and reconnect if needed. That only happens on my Windows partition though; once the Mac version comes out I'll likely switch to fullscreen.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Never play in windowed, it seems to slow the game down and like you said full screen is faster
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    Windowed Fullscreen FTW with dual monitors.
  • Options
    MisterAyerMisterAyer Posts: 34 Member
    I second that, fullscreen with dual monitors. Why compromise on anything? :3
  • Options
    Can you play the sims 4 on dual monitors?
  • Options
    blankspaceblankspace Posts: 169 Member
    Well, it's fast because windowed mode is only 15 seconds for loading screen.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I found them better in windowed mode. Plus with my previous laptop windowed mode (well, it was windowed-fullscreen) I was actually able to take screenshots (using prt Sc, which didn't work on fullscreen).
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I cannot figure out how to edge scroll in Windows mode. I don't notice it to be any slower.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    Windowed fullscreen > all
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    windows mode because I can play sims 3 and sims 4 at the same time
  • Options
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I cannot figure out how to edge scroll in Windows mode. I don't notice it to be any slower.

I dont think you can edge scroll in windowed mode
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    suzanna13 wrote: »

I dont think you can edge scroll in windowed mode

I can confirm this, since I've been trying today...
    At least, I had to try since I use a touchpad which won't move when I use WSAD to move the camera.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    At first glance I thought the title of this thread was "Widowed vs Full Screen". Thought that was an odd comparison to make lol.

I don't think I've played windowed since the first Sims game. I didn't know it was even an option for Sims 2, 3 or 4.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I usually play with the game on full screen because I get too distracted if it's windowed. Instead of playing,I end up responding to IMs or watching videos. But it's nice to have the option to easily switch between the two because if there is something I need to look up about the game I can switch to windowed mode and search for an answer then go back to my game easily.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Full screen because I like to see everything bigger, and for some reason it bothers me if it's not full screen.

If I want to do something else I just push the windows button and have the game hidden in the desktop bar.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Both.

It really depends what I am doing. ;)
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I play full screen because if I do windows mode, I get distracted from something else and forget about it
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I used to play full screen, but then a patch made it where the windows key didn't work. Now I play on windowed full screen. It's still full screen, window key works, and the resolution made the screen more close up. The UI is larger, but it's so much easier to read everything now. I play sitting on the sofa, and the monitor is a big screen TV, so I like that I can see it better now. :D
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Windowed when I'm taking screen shots i plan to share right away, otherwise always full screen.
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Full screen , because you can't edge scroll in windowed and building is a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in it.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I use full screen cuz it just feels weird when I can see my taskbar at the bottom and I don't feel like I'm really focused on the game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top