Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 CC Not In Mods Folder

Okay so I basically have the Sims 4, all of it works. The game works smoothly, the Sims/Worlds load perfectly fine. But I am on a Windows 7 (laptop) and I try to put CC in my mods folder. (What I do is open the CC folders that "work", and I try to drag it into the Mods folder that I also would have open). But when I try to put them into the Mods folder, they don't show up. I try multiple times but they don't show up. I also tried copy/pasting but that doesn't work either. Any help??

Comments

• Options
    Itz-a MeItz-a Me Posts: 74 Member
    Do you mean they don't show up in the game or in the actual Mods folder? If it's the former then check to make sure that each cc file has "PACKAGE file" under "Type" otherwise they won't show up in your game.
  • Options
    ModishSimmerModishSimmer Posts: 24 New Member
    Also, remember to extract your cc, some CC you must extact if in a package file
  • Options
    HotChocolate4321HotChocolate4321 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you, I will make sure to check both of those things. :-)
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Also, you cannot have subfolders. So, if your CC came in a folder inside another folder and then you put it all in mods, it won't show up.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    You also have to enable CC or mods in your game, via the Options tab.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    MolliesDolliesMolliesDollies Posts: 525 Member
    I have my cc in subfolders in the Mods folder, and it works fine. In fact some things I have several layers deep, ie: Mods>CC Clothing>Adult>Female ect... I know they work fine.
    Now a proud member of the Own the Store Club!!!
  • Options
    HotChocolate4321HotChocolate4321 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for your concern! I fixed it now, thank you! I found that deleting the scratch folder before opening the game helped. Thank you all! <3