Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Documentation on zone_directors, venues, regions?

pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
A lot of this stuff has changed in 1.3.18.1010 but it's hard to make sense of it since there are no tdescs or anything .. could we have an update on that? I'm specifically interested in

- venue tuning / XML; what does a zone_director do?
- venue tuning / DATA: apparently the format of this has changed (the tool I was using cannot read the resources in deltabuild; this worked just fine only days prior to the patch) .. right now I have no idea who could update it but it might help if we knew more about what the change was;
- region tuning and venue compatibility -- when trying to change a lot type, at what point does the game check whether the new type is compatible with the region? (at least I guess that's what this is for but I might just as well be guessing wrong)

Asking because of two three reasons:

- my own mod (turning off venue requirements (i.e. emptyifing the lists in XML and DATA)) isn't compatible with the update and I'd like to fix it

- there is apparently a game issue with venue types (see here) and I'd like to know whether one could maybe workaround that by way of custom tuning
- Oh there's another bug too it appears (re. lot types not working in gallery) ..

@SimGuruEugi‌ / @SimGuruModSquad?

Edit: OK the DATA thing is not a problem after all it appears -- I have no idea what I did, I basically just banged on it several times and now it appears to be working. *phew*

Still would be good to know what the story is with those directors and regions and so on ..
Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
Post edited by pbox on

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    You are right, there is a lot of new, exciting stuff that was introduced with the patch.

We'll provide updated TDESCs once The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat ships in January. So it means you'll have to wait a little longer, but not much longer :)
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Ah thank you, looking forward. (I'm hoping that "rentable" stuff wasn't just a leftover! =)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    Updated TDESCs have been posted to the main thread.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I am sure I speak for most of us when I say how helpful it has been to have someone who sticks with it and does what they promise when they promised. I mean in terms of user/developer interaction. There have been countless false starts over the years. One time I was even contacted personally, as a modder, by a Sims producer, who actually left EA 3 weeks after not answering my questions he'd actually invited me to ask. Lol.
  • Options
    Thanks Inge, that's nice to hear. :)