Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts -- let us call and invite them, please!

I've got a couple of playable ghosts now. The one big disappointment for me is that they can't be called on the phone nor invited to any sort of function. I assume this is some kind of hold-over from them being categorized as 'dead' in the game. But once they're playable, it would sure be nice if we could have our other Sims phone them or invite them out. (Actually, it would be nice if we could do so with NPC ghosts, as long as they're manifesting and haven't been released to the nether. But I don't know if that would be more complicated or not.)

Generally, if we're able to interact and build a friendship with them, then I'd really like to be able to use the phone/invite interactions as well.
Pay for product -- not potential!

Comments

• Options
    justsomesimmerjustsomesimmer Posts: 13 New Member
    I would love to be able to ''summon'' ghosts. Using the phone/invite interactions does not sound good to me. Sims could light some candles and do crazy stuff. I haven't really figured out how this could work, but there should be a special way to call the dead.
  • Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2014
    Call a Ghost who the Sim is close friends with to haunt current Household as a Poltergeist.

Definitely need Gardener :/

OUIJA BOARDS
    Proposed ghost changes: Ghost cannot reveal themselves to Sims who did not meet the ghost before their death.
    Ouija Board to communicate to an unknown Ghost! Make them known and part of Sim's life permanently unless released to Nether.
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited December 2014
    Some of your ideas are neat, I'll grant, but the issue is one of gameplay. Yes, there are differences between ghosts and live Sims, like they can't get pregnant and don't age. But they do have relationships. They can form friendships and even romances. That being the case, they need for Sims to be able to contact and communicate with them.

Ghosts already have their own cell phones just like everyone else. The ghost CAN call other people and invite them over. The problem is that normal living Sims, who have started relationships with these ghosts, CANNOT call them or invite them over. Strictly speaking, it's the living Sims who are at a disadvantage here. I just want for ghosts to be recognized by the phone/invite interactions so Sims who befriend them aren't left with friendships they cannot maintain.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    > @justsomesimmer said:
    > I would love to be able to ''summon'' ghosts. Using the phone/invite interactions does not sound good to me. Sims could light some candles and do crazy stuff. I haven't really figured out how this could work, but there should be a special way to call the dead.

i agree,
    calling them is not really.. appropriate
    as well they are dead.. lol
  • Options
    nhoa_97nhoa_97 Posts: 6 New Member
    I recently started playing with a ghost and I am frustrated at not being able to get them to go to social events, I'd have loved the parents, both dead, to have gone to their daughter's wedding.

I see your feelings from 4 years ago!