Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friends that Sim

I was just wondering, do any of you have friends that play Sims in real life? I have one friend that plays it very casually but apart from that my only Simmer friends are online.
SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    rebeccarebecca Posts: 62 Member
    Two of my friends are obsessed with it haha
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    From Sims 2 to 3 I had upwards of 8, they continue playing those series. I am the only one that bought Sims 4 and they point and laugh at me. It's all good, they tried Sims 4 on my computer and said, nope. They don't want it.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I don't have any that play Sims 4 :( its $140 dollars in my country, so my friends didn't want to pay that much.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I wouldn't consider my guildies friend's, but I know 2 of them that do play it time to time.
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    I've not known anyone outside my household who plays Sims or have ever heard of it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My grown daughter (who got me started) dropped out during Sims3. That was truly hard. We used to get our EPs on the same day, install them and then gab over the phone as we explored all the new stuff category by category together. I miss that. However, she got very interested in the Sims4 and plays it a bit here and there. She's enjoying it. But she's very pregnant at the moment and between her and her new second hubby, they have four children, five and under, with their own on the way. Suffice it to say daughter hasn't much time to play recently. But, at least we're back to 'sharing' things about the game again. Other than her, I only have this forum.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I have a few friends who are simmers as well. I was actually kind of surprised but they're not all that obsessed with the game like me lol
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    FishyGoRawrFishyGoRawr Posts: 125 Member
    I've yet to find someone irl who currently plays the game. I'll mention something about it and there's always the "Oh that doll-house game? Yeah I heard it can be fun but... Eh." :disappointed:
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I have two friends that play the sims, after all they're the ones that got me into it.

I haven't seen the one that bought sims 4, I pretty much can conclude her answer to what she thinks about it.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    When people find out that I play The Sims, they can't believe it. They say, "I did not take you as a gamer" or something like that. No one has ever admitted that they play, but almost everyone knows what the game is about.

So, I would have to say, that, right now, no one outside my family plays The Sims. That's hard to believe, because my son's little neighborhood friends (ages 9-12 at the time) loved to come to our house because we had the game. They would also watch me play TSO.

That was a longtime ago when I would have to buy two copies ... one for my sons and one for me. Now they buy their own games. So far my daughter in law is the only one that has The Sims 4.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Nope. No Sim loving friends. I don't really have a lot of friends to be honest! Lol. I'm too shy, making friends is a real struggle!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    Not any more :s . I had one work colleague that played Sims 3. I loaned her a couple of eps that I never got back, don't know if she still plays but we're not buddies anymore lol. A few of my younger kids friends play and think I'm the coolest mother in the world 'cos I play sims. My own ain't so fond of me playing games. It usually means dinner is late :blush:
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited December 2014
    Only one. Most of my friends either don't care for video games or are too "hardcore MLG pro" to play a casual game.

Edit: I say "hardcore MLG pro" in a sarcastic way. I find it ridiculous and I often mock them for their elitist behavior. It's okay because they also mock me for playing The Sims. Insult-based friendships <3
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    No.
    forever-alone-rage-smiley-emoticon.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I have a few... Don't know if they still play though..
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah, we have gone our separate ways though because of college.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    A couple. We don't talk about it though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Only one aquaintence I work with.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have one who plays TSM and TS2, and one who plays TS3.
    I am the Sims 4 heathen.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Two from work!
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    A couple of my friends play ts2 casually but I don't think any of them have played in at least a year.
    They were never into reading legacies/stories and doing other sim community things like I am which is sad, although I did get one of them to read Candi's uglacy/prettacy series.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    georgeishungrygeorgeishungry Posts: 94 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    When people find out that I play The Sims, they can't believe it. They say, "I did not take you as a gamer" or something like that. No one has ever admitted that they play, but almost everyone knows what the game is about.

That happens to other people too!? I hate the dirty looks people give me when I say I play Sims. "oh, you can't call yourself a gamer"

SMagazine is a magazine all about design and inspiration in The Sims, full of your creations, tips and interviews with people in the community (even SimGurus from time to time!)

smagazineofficial.co.uk
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I just have my sister and sometimes my brother. No one outside of the family, sadly.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have no one who plays, I think they just tolerate me when it comes to talking about the sims, they are all too serious. I like to laugh and have fun, that's one of the reasons I like the sims, they make me laugh and are fun.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I have neighbor that plays Sim 3.