Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Games you've played with bad controls

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
Unfortunately you'll come across it soon enough if you'd played any games for any length of time: Bad controls. I've played a few myself.
Among these are:

Beyond Two Souls: The controls for Jodie are great. For Aiden not so much. It's nearly impossible to move where you want.
Sonic Unleashed for the Wii: Movement with just the remote is impossible and movement with the numchuck and remote is even worse.
Heavy Rain: The characters are nearly impossible to control, and the on screen prompts for certain buttons says you did it wrong when you did exactly what it said to do.
Grand Theft Auto IV: The driving and moving is fine, the fighting is not. The character's punches and kicks are extremely slow or don't hit at all so you end up getting killed.

What are some games that you've played with bad controls?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Sims 4
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I haven't played that many other games but Sims games, and then some really simple ones, like Bejewelled and things like that.

But years ago, when we still had PS2, my husband got me some Hello Kitty game for my birth day. The idea in that game was that some aliens were threatening the town, where Hello Kitty lived, and she had to save it with her friends. She actually fought the aliens by waving a heart shaped magic wand (or was it star shaped, I don't remember). Anyway, the game was really cute, but since I wasn't really used to that kind of gaming, I got frustrated with it a lot. There was one level I actually made my husband play for me, since it was too difficult.

My husband has been playing all kinds of fighting games as long as they've existed, and he's really good in those. When he tried that Hello Kitty game, he told me the controls were absolutely horrible. So I believe him. I still played through that game twice, and both times my husband played that one level...
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Tried a Halo game on a friend's Xbox once. It just didn't flow right.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Hmm...

Hmm...

Hmm...

Hard to say. :'(
  • Options
    DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    First one that comes to mind is Resident Evil 4, but I know I've played a bunch of other games with bad controls. Another being Deadly Premonition, since it has pretty much the same controls as Resident Evil 4, the controls are so counterintuitive (just found out right now that unintuitive isn't actually a word) that I could be playing for hours, but when I'd stop thinking about it, I could still forget how to raise my gun and shoot things.

Those are the kinds of games that when you play them, I think it would benefit you to not be familiar with games in general before playing them. Because the controls are so bad that if you're familiar with games with good controls, you have to try to forget everything you know and relearn from scratch.
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y