Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Relationship Status: Love Interest?

OK, in one of my games I have two Sims living together and currently not involved (although they flirt occasionally).

I'd love it if we had a new status between Sims where they could be in love with a Sim without having to perform numerous romantic interactions. Sort of like unrequited love, but not unrequited just 'un-admitted'. That way our Sims could get jealous if their love interest goes on dates, but they only feel jealousy/anger towards the date (not their love interest, who can do no wrong in their eyes ;) )

I would like both of my Sims to go on dates with townies, so they can later realise that they're really in love with each other :blush: but I don't want that to have a negative impact on their friendship. Oh, and when one of my Sims finally plucks up the courage, I would like there to be a 'confess feelings' interaction.

I hope this makes sense! It's hard to put ideas into words sometimes :sweat_smile:
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I love this idea! Sort of like a friendzone, haha.

I feel that we need more options to control relationships. Right now it just feels too easy (for my tastes) to get sims into a relationship. I think some settings or sliders (much like the life settings) would be a nice addition to the game if you wanted relationships to grow much slower.

Lol, yeah! And if someone asks them if they're single they'll just be like 'It's complicated. Don't talk to me.' Lol. My problem is I create really complex stories for my Sims, and it can be hard to actually create them in game :joy:

I absolutely agree we need more control over relationships! I decided to play a random townie today: he had the romantic aspiration, and he managed to hook up with three different women in the same day. I think relationships, especially romantic relationships, should be harder to achieve!

I think the sliders are a great idea, so that we could decide how easy or difficult it is for Sims to build relationships! Love it :agree:

tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    lysmerrylysmerry Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, one thing I don't like is how relationships area always equal. It would be fun to have one character feel more strongly than the other.