Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game won your heart?

I've been playing The Sims since it was first released on pc over a decade ago. My question to you guys is this: what were your favorite key elements out of all the Sims games you've ever played?
Mine range from the spell casting in The Sims Makin' Magic all the way to the new recipes in The Sims 4.

This is a discussion only about the positives:) so please leave all the negatives we know exist about The Sims 4(*toddlers*) for another day. Or discussion, however which way you please.

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    edited December 2014
    I dont know. Sims 4 hasnt been out long enough for me to equally rate it among the other ones
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I never played sims 1 my best friend introduced me to the Sims 2.......ever since i've been hooked on the franchise! For the most part enjoy the sims 4. Especially as it will run on my 3 year old gamming laptop that does not like running the Sims 3 anymore :'( which makes me very sad as that's my favorite so far!! I suspect that Sims 4 could be my favorite in time after a few expansions and some more spit and shine. :smile:
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Sims 1 won my heart just because it was so different from what I was used to in a game. It was so quirky, cute, and fun. I just about loved everything about it. I loved their cute little language, their cute little reactions, and just the plain weirdness of the game. I also loved how I could take imaginary characters and give them a life all their own. Oddly, it was never something I would have bought or tried on my own. It took my sister buying the game for my daughter.

Sims 2 won my heart because it allowed me to not only give life to imaginary characters, but to carry out legacies for them too. It allowed me to build the worlds in my head and populate them with my characters. They finally got to live in the worlds I imagined them living in, and for the first time, children were worth having. Then came seasons to make it even better.

Sims 4 didn't win my heart per se. My heart was already won by 1 and 2. Sims 4 just took both those games and added more life to my sims. I'm enjoying it for what it is and I find it very fun to play. So much that I don't really feel like playing the others much any more, but I can't say it won my heart. Not yet, anyway.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    All except 4

4 needs more time

I like it tho.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    I started with Sims 3, just eight months ago. There are new things I like in Sims 4, and there are other things I miss from Sims 3. But, there's both good and bad in everything, and life is all about tradeoffs. Nothing made by man, with all his flaws, can be perfect.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I never played Sims 1. Things were rough for us at that time, so I only bought games I was truly interested in. When a friend tried to tell me about Sims, all I could think was, "Egad! My RL is crud. Why would I want to play a pixelated person with a crud life, too?" I wish I'd tried it now.

Sims 2 was my first game, and it will always be my first love. I liked the personality ranges where a 10 meant your sim walked around naked and waltzed into an acquaintance's home without knocking and a 1 meant your sim would blush and stammer and be horrifically shy. I loved the aspiration failures. I even came to love the truly ugly sims (thank you, Candi). But what really won me over was that the game encouraged players to make and post stories. I'd never seen a game that did that before. It kills me that so many great stories were lost when the Exchange was taken down. (Some were saved, but so many more weren't.)
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    1 and 3. I've only begun writing stories for 3 and its.. *sobbing*
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Sims 2 all the way!
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    The Sims 2.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    The very first one won my heart because I had never played any game like it before. It was just so fascinating to me. I loved my little "pet people" and loved creating sims, building houses, and just watching their lives. Makin' Magic was my favorite expansion, but honestly I loved every single EP for TS1.

2 won my heart in a different way. Going from the first game to the second, seeing the graphics (which were pretty good at the time), the amount of detail, facial expressions, animations, and of course being able to have and raise families for generations just blew my mind. It felt revolutionary, just as the first game had. Night Life was probably my favorite EP for TS2.

3 won me over because of the creative aspect. Just like with 1 and 2 there was something new and different in this game that I'd never experienced in other games before. The ability to customize everything. The way that you could really shape the world into your world. I made (and still make) so many sims in TS3 and then I enjoy thinking about every single detail. How would this person dress? How would they decorate their homes? What hobbies will fill up their time? There is so much to do in the game. Even after years of playing, I feel like I still haven't discovered it all.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Sims3 <3

I loved it when they came out with RH. So many celebrities in it! I always went for being a celebrity. Loved riding in a limo when my Sim was able to get that option. Loved moving into a mansion and have the gates where the paparazzi had to wait outside the gates.

Loved the singer career! My sim would karaoke? and sing with the kids (loved hearing the kids sing) If my Sim wasn't in the singer career, I would not touch karaoke because they were very bad singers, LOL

Loved the music career. Being a "Rock Star" was always my Sims goals. It was easier than the Singer Career, because rock stars could just go "perform" inside the building, but it was neat in the singer career to go inside the building and actually play them to perform on stage and choose the songs.

I eventually got into the gardening (green house) stuff. I loved planting, loved the tractor (Grandpa's farm, I think) Loved selling produce and even cooking and canning!

Loved the Firefighter career, responding to fires and knocking down doors to rescue people!

Loved the world (cant think of name) where the horses were introduced. Loved playing in that world learning to ride horses, taking care of them, having a farm full of a few horses, cats and dogs!

Its weird when you play the game for so long that you know everyone in the game, their traits, and who to talk to or get to know, LOL

I guess I just loved everything about Sims3. That's the one that stole my heart <3

Loved the wide open spaces B)
  • Options
    BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    Sims 2. I played Sims 1 but hated the fact that children never advanced to adults (although other aspects of it were quite fun). Sims 2 (with all the EP especially) is still great to me despite its annoying flaws.
    Never played Sims 3 and despite all there is I like about Sims 4, critical items are missing from the base game for me (toddlers, foremost) so it's no where near even base game Sims 2 in my list... it's hovering down near Sims 1 right now.
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    I've only played for a few years and Sims 3 was the first for me. I loved everything about the game, the details and quirks. I loved the discovery of finding new things to do, exploring and delight on little quirks of all the Sim's. Sims 3 had everything I could want with World Adventures and Generations being my favorite expansions (Pets being a close second). I must say however, that there is something about Sims 4 that has my attention. I really love Sims 3 but think with a few tweaks here and there and more content...Sims 4 will have taken the place that 3 currently holds for me. I'm looking forward to what new things will be coming.
  • Options
    EnlessEnless Posts: 717 Member
    Sims 1. It was the game that originally got me hooked into the series. I loved seeing them interact with each other and making up stories for them in my head. Then Sims 2 came. The possibilities for stories increased and added greater customization. I absolutely loved creating Sims. If I recall correctly I think I spent more time creating Sims in the Body Shop than I actually did playing the game.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    Sims 3 for me :smile: However I'm sort of inclined to say Sims 1 even though it's not my favourite any more because it just totally captivated me as a child and I loved it so much, as another user said it was just so different to anything I'd played. Sims 3 wins it for me though because it was such a big step up from Sims 2 - i.e. it had the open world, story progression, CASt, new skills and careers and an improved CAS (not as good as TS4 CAS though). The reason Sims 4 doesn't win it for me yet is because it's missing a lot of those things that I loved, but only time will tell if they return.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Sims 2 did it for me. Sims 1 was cool but Sims 2 was the best for me.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    The Sims 3! Then The Sims 2 and then the Sims 4 and then 1. I don't think Sims 4 will ever top 3, I think they took to much away from it for it to ever be better than 3. So at the moment the one which won my heart was The Sims 3!
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    Sims 2
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Instinctively I wanna say The Sims 2, but would I have fallen in love if it weren't for Sims 1? I don't know. I was just 21 when Sims 2 came out. I don't know that if I didn't play The Sims in my teens that I would have tried a game like "The Sims 2" at that age.

Tough question. I can't decide. I'm so confused lol

I love The Sims 2 the most tho. That's for sure. I think I spent far more time on 2 than 1 was well.

Nah it has to be "The Sims". My final answer. That game won my heart. It set the stage for the absolute obsession that was The Sims 2. LOL

• Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Absolutely TS3. I loved everything and I had all expansion pack. I had to buy a new PC with powerful graphics card after Island Paradise expansion but I have not regretted the money spent.
    Still hope that TS4 finally will be similar...
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    Throughout my childhood different Sims titles captured my heart for different reasons. Sims 1 on PC was my first title, and I bought it entirely on the premise of Makin' Magic, and then bought the other expansion packs.
    Sims: Bustin' Out on PS2 captured my heart due to the storyline of the game and the satisfaction from completing the tasks. It had a great balance between story and free play.
    Bustin' Out on the GBA captured my heart entirely for a very similar way. It was a very interactive and fun game.
    I hold the Bustin' Out games as my favourite in the spin-off/ non PC versions of the game

Sims 2 was an overall amazing game and my favourite in the PC franchise so far, it gave us the ability to do so so much and the possibilities honestly almost seemed limitless. Perhaps the ability for the game to continually expand with great Expansion Packs and CC is what made it so amazing.

And just for the record, I'm loving Sims 4 and have high hopes for its future :D
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Sims 3
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Sims 2.. I would still play it till this day.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Exactly what @LovelyMelody said - all three have my heart! I'm hoping Sims 4 will follow suit once it has expansion packs :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I can't pick :( lol I love em all equally...even though I know s4 hasn't been out very long & I know it def need's a lot more to do, but the sims games in general always fill my heart with joy when I play :heart:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...