Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing is happening

I go on the forum to see if anything new is coming and somewhat interesting but nope. I get it expansions take time well what about someone giving news on the myriad bug fixes we need. So far we are waiting on two very boring careers God knows when but we're told it's happening good God where is EA.

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Expansions and the career patch is the trend at the moment.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe EA has pulled a fast one again
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Welcome to my world. I've been this way since September 2nd

tumblr_lqvrf2DHxW1qa5p5i.jpg
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    First off, we're STILL in the very beginning of December. And we HAVE had word on the anticipated patch. They test these things all the way up to the expected release and sometimes, like this time, they detect a bug. They are working on it, now. The patch will come out when they extricate said bug. Please, take a deep breath, peeps, and let it out s-l-o-w-l-y. This is NOT a race, it's about getting the job done correctly (we hope). This is supposed to be the Season of 'good will towards men'. Let's try to promulgate that idea, by giving EA a fair shot at it. All it requires is a little patience on our part.

As for EPs, they usually start several months down the road from the launch. I don't expect the first one to be released until summer.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Wake me up when TS4 has gotten better
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So people complain when patches get released that have bugs...and when they hold back a patch because they find a bug people get upset?

Can't win for losing.

I want the new patch too -- mainly for whatever might be coming in holiday decor; I had a dream last night that we got a bunch of holiday items and a Holiday category in the Decor catalog in Buy Mode. Though I've got one Sim ready for a change to the Business career, and a couple who are just about ready for Athletics once they age to young adult. But I'm willing to wait and hope they get it done right the first time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    EA is still working on getting the bugs ready for the career patch. When they deem the patch has a sufficient amount of bugs, they'll release it. :p The first expansion pack, on the other hand, they are afraid of the backlash it'd receive from the community -- assuming it is the rumored Open for Business expansion pack.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member

As for EPs, they usually start several months down the road from the launch. I don't expect the first one to be released until summer.

Summer's probably pushing it, they're going to milk this cash cow sooner rather than later. My guess is Spring, but we'll see. Let's hope they come up with something original.

"I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    If an EP isn't released by March, then I believe even the die-hards are going to run out of fun things to do in their games. I think those who are still having loads of fun are in the minority and everyone else is more than ready for an EP.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited December 2014
    EA is still working on getting the bugs ready for the career patch. When they deem the patch has a sufficient amount of bugs, they'll release it. :p The first expansion pack, on the other hand, they are afraid of the backlash it'd receive from the community -- assuming it is the rumored Open for Business expansion pack.

Or a showtime/fame EP because of the singing in simlish videos.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wouldn't it be nice if it got pushed back so they could add lots of holiday content.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I wonder if EA give them a Christmas holiday?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Actually, WA came out 5 months after the Sims 3 base game, so that would put us at about February or March for the first Sims 4 EP. I'd figure an official announcement of the EP/theme to come sometime after New Year's.
    Wouldn't it be nice if it got pushed back so they could add lots of holiday content.

I actually dreamed that the patch had a bunch of holiday content, and even a Holiday category in the Decorations catalog. B) More likely though is that someone came up with a major bug in one of the new careers; maybe something wasn't working quite right with one of the steps so advancement wasn't possible, or maybe one of the new objects had issues. I suppose if it looks like a major delay they could split off the holiday content from the careers and release that as a separate patch (along with whatever other bug-squashing updates they've got), but it would have to be something that would take more than a week or two just so people could have the holiday content before the actual holiday.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I hope the first EP isn't an Emotions EP.
  • Options
    Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    I hope the first EP isn't an Emotions EP.

Don't be silly... there will obviously be DLC for that instead. ;)
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If an EP isn't released by March, then I believe even the die-hards are going to run out of fun things to do in their games. I think those who are still having loads of fun are in the minority and everyone else is more than ready for an EP.

I'm still having fun with it, but that doesn't mean I'm not ready for an ep! Who isn't?

It's hard to go from full games back to a base. I often wish for things but then I remember, no that was in 3, or 2.

I'm ready for 5 eps! lol
  • Options

Well, I'm still having fun, but an EP would just add to that.

• Options
    If they do interject holidays I kind of want the ones from TS3 Seasons to return. That was actually nice to have something new in the series and they should expand them a bit more. Like Snowflake day should have a vacation sim week or something like that so no school or work and baking holiday cookies.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    I'd be happy just to see a screenshot of that sweater.
  • Options
    Op Simguru Daniel said tons of new content are coming with this patch and Simguru Sarah hinted green as one of the items their excited for.
  • Options
    So...Christmas tree?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    So...Christmas tree?
    Maybe just maybe.
  • Options
    Hey just saw,the guru thread was closed today confirmed by a guru. Maybe it s because their putting the finishing touches on the patch.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited December 2014

If they would release the content depending on how fast people blitz trough it, they would have to put out an expansion every 1 to 2 months. We would end up with like 50 expansions by the end of The Sims 4s lifetime :D

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I go on the forum to see if anything new is coming and somewhat interesting but nope. I get it expansions take time well what about someone giving news on the myriad bug fixes we need. So far we are waiting on two very boring careers God knows when but we're told it's happening good God where is EA.

Yep, I still keep visiting here, looking for an answer to the question, "Is there any reason to buy this game yet?"

The answer is still "nope."

I honestly can't believe they haven't made any DLC yet.

simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell