Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a Sims 4 Musical EP?

I was thinking that it would great if they brought back the bands from Sims 3 - where your Sim could ask people to join their band, create a band name, then start gigging! I loved that in TS3. It would be amazing if they brought this back.

But it got me thinking about other music related things they could branch out on:

- how about letting our Sims join an orchestra or big band? And they could audition and move through the ranks. It might just be me but I think this would be really cool!
- Give our sims more instruments, like saxophone, trumpet, percussion. There could be new traits like 'blues lover' or 'jazz enthusiast' or 'Latin fantastic' for example that could influence their instrument preference. (Lol at Latin fantastic - it just popped into my head)
- And lastly (my favourite idea) what about a Sims choir?! Our Sims already sing in the shower! Why not let them sing together, and make it a social thing? Not to mention Simlish choir singing, which I think would be darned cute.

What do you think? Feel free to suggest more music ideas! :)
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I like the idea, but I think that could be integrated into an EP with other art expressions as well.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I dont know about a whole EP for just music but you could certainly have it as a showbiz type thing .

New Instruments ( Instrument skills now sorted by section ala winds,string etc )
    Drum set
    Steelpan Drum
    Bongos
    Harp
    Bass
    Mandolin
    Trumpet
    Sax
    Oboe
    Flute
    Clarinet

New skills
    Vocal
    Magic
    Street Art
    Acting

New features
    Bands
    Performance Troupe
    Gigs
    Magic acts
    Stages and performance venues
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Thanks guys and girls. I probably got carried away with the whole music idea, you're right - this probably needs to be a multi- art EP.

I love your suggestions @CoffeFreak4Life !

Magic acts would be brilliant! And I really hope the venues are brought back. I loved sending my sims gigging :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    How about actual acting, like a school play or a community theatre group? Acting skill would mean everything to me being a huge fan of theatre and wanting to be a script author when I grow up. You could use writer sims' screenplays and actually act them out. There could also be a stage crew group and a director NPS, and your group could perform at a theatre venue. There could easily be careers going along with this, too.