Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future or Seasons??

MusicalRose21MusicalRose21 Posts: 143 Member
Into The Future and Seasons both look fun from what I've seen but I would like to get some other opinions before I buy one :). What do you guys think?
Post edited by MusicalRose21 on

Comments

• Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    I like seasons because it affects every world. Plus I'm not big on the whole future theme.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    SEASONS. It fleshes out the game so much and adds a layer of realism that I can't imagine playing without at this point. I thought ITF was just downright silly, hence why I never bought it.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited November 2014
    Into The Future and Seasons both look fun from what I've seen but I would like to get some other opinions before I buy one :). What do you guys think?

In my opinion Into The Future is better than Seasons. It has more stuff to do.

Seasons is mostly just weather.

The Sims are not about realisam. Into The Future has fun SCI FI gameplay. You will enjoy.

• Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    SEASONS. It fleshes out the game so much and adds a layer of realism that I can't imagine playing without at this point. I thought ITF was just downright silly, hence why I never bought it.

I get wanting the realism, I do too, but I also like the fantasy or sci fi aspects too. That's why it's kind of difficult to choose.

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Into the future was fun at first, but now it's collecting virtual dust in my origin library.
    I dunno. It's almost black friday, maybe EA will have a sale. Then you'd be able to buy both.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    TheSimsislifeTheSimsislife Posts: 45 Member
    I don't have into the future but seasons is a lot of fun. It depends on what you like doing in the game I guess. I always go H.A.M on reviews before I decide which is best.
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    I love sci fi stuff, and I love the style of the houses, objects etc. came with Into the Future. Since I bought it, my sims are living in a future home. So I don't think I can do without it.

For seasons, it's good too. But it's just weather and festivals which is boring after some time. And the weather system is bad I think, every day in spring and fall usually rains, every winter day it snows, and even summer it rains for 1-2 days at least.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It all depends how much you like science fiction or the weather and seasons.
  • Options
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Into the future was fun at first, but now it's collecting virtual dust in my origin library.
    I dunno. It's almost black friday, maybe EA will have a sale. Then you'd be able to buy both.
    That might just be what I end up doing.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I like both but Seasons is the must have for me. Basically because of the weather.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    That might just be what I end up doing.

@MusicalRose21 it may be worth waiting until Dec 1st to see what goes on sale as well. That's the day online stores tend to have their sales. Unless you see a great deal on Black Friday.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I'll always prefer seasons :)
    original.gif
  • Options
    DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    Origin has a sale on all their Sims 3 DLC now, if you have the game with Origin, you can definitely take advantage of that. I'm trying to wait for a Steam sale, seems like Steam users don't really get good prices with The Sims 3, apparently they only get sales maybe once or twice a year, and Into the Future is still $40.
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I love Into The Future. I could do without Seasons. Most of the time, Winter gets in the way of my game play anyway, so I make Winter very short. I can see where Into The Future might get on your nerves after awhile.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Seasons. For 3 reasons:
    1. adding realism to the game by giving a sense of time in every custom and EA world. Your sim can't enjoy snow while vacationing in Al Simhara or ST without this EP!
    2. allows sims to finally take advantage of the water parts of the map. They can now swim and fool around in the ocean in all worlds. If you have IP, this compliments that EP even better.
    3. If you have SN, you will be able to get the weather stone. This is the only EP next to SN that lets you get this object in the game world btw.

You can always buy ITF which as others have pointed out, is something of a novelty item. Because all of its linear, "to do" quests & activities will finally wear off. Just like TS4 has. And when the new shiny factor finally wears off, that EP game world may likely to find itself being completely unused. Unlike Seasons content which will always be active in your game. Even if they don't attend the seasonal festivals, your sims will always have to wear certain clothing and/or may eat certain foods based on the weather and season.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I would say Seasons. But I did just pick up ITF for $7.99 off Origin, so check there and maybe they're both on sale?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love Seasons a lot and haven't got Into The future yet though I want to get it soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I actually did end up getting both during the sale today! Thanks to everyone for the opinions still. ^.^
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    Seasons is the best!
  • Options
    CamillahaCamillaha Posts: 96 Member
    I'm adding Seasons to my shopping list too. I'm a little bit worried about it having American holidays and that's the reason I haven't bought it yet. Hopefully the trick and treaters etc won't feel to out of place for me. I've always thought that the Sims live in their own Simland where they speak simlish and their national flag has a plumbob on it. Everyone seems to like Seasons and the scenic pictures with the weather effects on the forums have convinced me I must have Seasons.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I never have trick or treaters. It is something you can get your Sims to do.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I prefer seasons...the only thing I like about ITF is finding a robot nanny lol XDD the robot's are pretty cool & robot building as well, but seasons for me, because I love having my sims throw holiday parties for spooky day etc,etc
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    RedlawRedlaw Posts: 84 Member
    I plan to get both myself. But rhen again iw ant all eps lol. Each one even if I do not fully use it at the same time, adds a but of depth I love.
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    Seasons, definitely. Into the Future was good especially with the Bot Building and stuff but I didn't get into as much as I did with Seasons. But that's just me :-)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Into the Future made me love playing in Lunar Lakes.