Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the heck is this? How do I fix it? SOLVED!

ImaSimsGeekImaSimsGeek Posts: 207 Member
So, earlier I was creating a family in Sims 3. I had downloaded a Sim, so I clicked on the bin and it went crazy and froze up. My Sim was okay and still moving, but the bin was going crazy! I fixed that problem by clicking the red x to quit, yet I pressed cancel. So everything was going great, and then this monstrosity appeared.
Screenshot-165.jpg
Now my game is stuck on the loading cursor, and I can't click anything. I can type in cheats though. This is one of the only things working currently.
I prefer NOT to quit the game because I worked hard on this family. Any suggestions?
Update:
I found out the problem. Thanks for the help. (It was a graphics problem.)
Post edited by ImaSimsGeek on

Comments

• Options
    Please help me
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

Could you post a DxDiag report please? Instructions on how to do so can be found here:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you are having trouble pasting the full report here, try splitting it into multiple messages, or use pastebin.com

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That picture looks like you got some corrupted CC with the sim you downloaded like the corrupt boots that show up on all ages or the Arrrezo Countertop which is know for causing the game to malfunction.You can also get issues like that from forgetting to delete old versions of Mods when updating them before you replace it with the new version and I did that once by mistake and got my UI messed up and had to grab my old Sims 3 folder from before patching and update the Mods in there.I used a new folder to test and switched to my other folder once I knew it was working and that one worked.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Jasmine01Jasmine01 Posts: 73 Member
    Looks like corrupt CC, but it could be a graphics hard problem(but I doubt it).
  • Options
    It fixed on it's own, thanks for the help. :)