Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Or DLC Packs?

We all want EPs to be as fully-fleshed and well-rounded as possible. Still, there may be content ideas that are smaller, more niche, do not fit any EP or do not justify an EP of its own.

In addition, many people are not too keen on CC and just want more hair, clothing, accessories, furniture and so on.

I have read they may not have a TS4 store and sell DLC pack via Origin instead.

How do you feel about it? If pricing is lower and the DLC packs deliver outstanding content, I am all for it. Buying itens individually at the store was expensive.

On the other hand, I do like picking and choosing. I may want one hairstyle and not a whole 1920's pack...

How do you feel about it? What suggestions do you make?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like the stuff packs and would prefer that they carry on with that idea in 4. I'm not a big online buyer of anything, but I did get some simpoints and buy a few things from the store. I would hope, that if they do DLC from Origin, that they put out the discs in stores as well. It's just my preferred method of shopping.

IF they had quality stuff at a reasonable price, I might consider it, because like you say, I do like picking and choosing some things.

I'd be interested in seeing how they are going to choose to implement this. I don't have a clue what physical sales are to digital sales, but I suppose that that will have an impact on how they set it up.

But I hope they don't forget about us öld-schoolers"who like the physical copies.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Dragon Age does a lot more DLC than physical.

TS4 surveys seem to indicate SPs would be replaced by Origin-available DLC.

I can see several advantages to having a physical copy, even though I now only get games online. A physical copy does not depend on an internet collection and you will always have it, even if one day Origin shuts down, many years into the future.

I certainly want them avaliable.
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I think I'd rather have a store so I can select singular items I'd like to buy.

For example I'm wishing I didn't buy the deluxe version of the sims 4 because although I love the tiki bar, I can't stand the hotdogs walking around my town. ;D

Yes. Sometimes there's one tuxedo you want and that is all.

I hate having too much CAS content that I don't care for.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I like both, but I do like to pick and choose also. I do want a store. It was nice to see everything in one place. If they did pks only I sure hope that they show each and everything that is in it. I don't want to have to buy a pk just for one thing I like.
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I have to admit that I always relied only on stuff packs and store sets, because there was never a single item that I wanted in particular - but that's only me, so I understand perfectly if someone with a clear vision of what they want prefers having a choice.

I wonder if doing it both ways could be possible, bundled items for the more lazy ones like me (lol), and also the option to buy one thing at a time.
    I hate having too much CAS content that I don't care for.

This is very true. With too much stuff to choose from, it became very hard for me to get out of CAS at all in TS3 ;)

And towards the end CAS was so bloated that it crashed on me several times.
  • Options
    MrGodard wrote: »
    I have to admit that I always relied only on stuff packs and store sets, because there was never a single item that I wanted in particular - but that's only me, so I understand perfectly if someone with a clear vision of what they want prefers having a choice.

I wonder if doing it both ways could be possible, bundled items for the more lazy ones like me (lol), and also the option to buy one thing at a time.

Giving us option is always the best.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I always preferred TS1 and TS2 stuff packs. Seems like I got more bang for the buck. Of course, I got a lot of stuff I might not necessarily want, but probably more stuff than if I tried to buy the equivalent amount in the TS3 store.
  • Options
    SketchSketch Posts: 432 Member
    I like MrGodard's idea. Why not have both? I'm not a fan of the store because when I looked at the TS3 store, I felt the individual items were expensive like some have mentioned. However, I do see that people would like to buy individual items so why not have both? Make it so you can buy the pack and it becomes cheaper than buying all of them together individually and the other option of course, to buy certain items.
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I liked the DLC packs that were done for Skyrim, they were well fleshed out and worth the money. They could do something like that, i.e. "Toddler DLC pack" with toddler items / lifestage, or "Create a World / Create a Sim DLC" which introduces a new program for CaW and CaS (like TS2).
  • Options
    lyra wrote: »
    I liked the DLC packs that were done for Skyrim, they were well fleshed out and worth the money. They could do something like that, i.e. "Toddler DLC pack" with toddler items / lifestage, or "Create a World / Create a Sim DLC" which introduces a new program for CaW and CaS (like TS2).

Yes. I'd buy that.
  • Options
    LomadiasXLomadiasX Posts: 56 Member
    I personally think that stuff packs and other DLC (not including expansion packs) would be released as free patches for the game. Not only is the £10 pointless (in my opinion) for a few new items of clothing and a car, but it means that they would be bug fixing the game more.

If the stuff packs could be thrown in with the expansion packs, I'd still be happy, but I'm not paying £10 for nothing like in the Sims 3.

As for the store items, I never really bought anything because I could download something better free.
  • Options
    Content for free perpetually would be lovely, but it is a business after all.

And I do not mind paying for good, reasonably-priced content.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I like both ideas but I also think they should offer more stuff via patches as well.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life