Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Proposal: Ships

Comments

• Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Now back on topic with ships, I don't think they're going to work with the engine The Sims 4 has. This dream has to go on for a future generation.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Does it come with open world?
    This would work so so well with open world. That would make me excited but of course we don't......

Maybe this will all happen in The Sims 5.
    I'm all for ending Sims 4 right now and bringing on Sims 5. :mrgreen:

Judging by the timeline of previous games, you'll have to wait about five more years.
    I'm not waiting that long.... This series will probably end for all we know...

Well it went The Sims 1: 2000-2004, The Sims 2: 2004-2009, The Sims 3: 2009-2014, The Sims 4: 2014-2019 and finally, The Sims 5: 2019-2024.
    They should definitely shorten Sims 4 lifespan. I'm all for it.....

2014-2016
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Now back on topic with ships, I don't think they're going to work with the engine The Sims 4 has. This dream has to go on for a future generation.
    That's what I'm saying.... It probably will end up being badly done.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Though I still hope the next expansion pack will not disappoint us. It just needs lots of bugs and glitches to be fixed (haven't experienced any but everyone seems to talk about how their game is now unplayable because it's so bad), a brand new, brilliant theme and lot's of years of enjoyment ahead.

• Options
    edited November 2014

I don't want EA to pursue the idea tbh. I can see loading screens being needed to get from one end of the ship to the other. Heaven forbid there is more than one sim from your party on this emotional cruise. I like the OPs idea I'm just not sure if I'd want to buy it right away.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    I hope we get to be shipwrecked ^^
    tumblr_m3xyu14K0N1rnbkxho1_500.gif

Oh, that is in the OP.

I want sinking Siminic.
  • Options

Oh, that is in the OP.

I want sinking Siminic.

I think thats a beautiful idea... will EA provide the animations for it is the real question.
  • Options

Though I still hope the next expansion pack will not disappoint us. It just needs lots of bugs and glitches to be fixed (haven't experienced any but everyone seems to talk about how their game is now unplayable because it's so bad), a brand new, brilliant theme and lot's of years of enjoyment ahead.
    The next EP better not disappoint because a lot is riding on it....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Oh, that is in the OP.

I want sinking Siminic.

I think thats a beautiful idea... will EA provide the animations for it is the real question.

I could accept a cut scene, if it rendered my sims into it.
  • Options

I also think EA is feeling very pressured right now.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    [/quote]

By the way, Titanic was one of the last movies made right.

That GIF is not a generic, fake CGI shot. It is a massive, detailed model that was really broken in two and captured by hyper speed cameras. :)

They built a life-sized Titanic set for most scenes that are not that far out.

OK. Geeking out is over.

I want a sinking ship. Trying to survive would be fun.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    edited November 2014

Big agree here. I like (not love) TS4 so far but can't see it progressing much if we are not really "wow'ed" with the first EP. EA can probably win a lot of those disappointed back with a great EP but could also lose a lot more who only think the game is fair if the next EP is only so-so. I will probably give it to the 2nd EP before my final decision.

• Options
    edited November 2014

By the way, Titanic was one of the last movies made right.

That GIF is not a generic, fake CGI shot. It is a massive, detailed model that was really broken in two and captured by hyper speed cameras. :)

They build a life-sized Titanic set for most scenes taht are not that far out.

OK. Geeking out is over.

I want a sinking ship. Trying to survive would be fun.
    [/quote]

I actually have the directoes cut version of the movie at home that comes with the making of it. It shows how most of the cast members had to sit in water for hours at a time just for a few shots. A lot of effort did go into the movie. But now CGI takes up most of the time and effort.

I'm hoping that after we get new worlds we can ride the cruise ship to them.
  • Options
    Bamajam wrote: »

Big agree here. I like (not love) TS4 so far but can't see it progressing much if we are not really "wow'ed" with the first EP. EA can probably win a lot of those disappointed back with a great EP but could also lose a lot more who only think the game is fair if the next EP is only so-so. I will probably give it to the 2nd EP before my final decision.

Pretty much and this is definitely not the EP that will wow us.... Too many loose ends with this idea especially for a closed world.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member

Oh, that is in the OP.

I want sinking Siminic.

Nope, that's the Simtanic.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    Are you sick of being on land? The Sims 4: Ships is the Expansion pack for you!
    Three ships will be added to the game so you can pick up your phone and buy tickets!

Freedom Of The Sims:
    • A modern family cruise, with all sorts of amenities, including buffet restaurants, theatre shows, spas, fitness classes and the Captain's Ball. At the end you will reach a paradisiac beach where you can swim, snorkel, build sand castles, sun bathe and play with monkeys! Perhaps you can smuggle a monkey back home when you return!

Cutthroat Siren:
    • A pirate ship! Learn sword fighting, but be careful not to lose a leg or an eye. You might need to live with an eye-patch or a wooden leg! There's singing pirate songs, telling tales and all sorts of camaraderie. But you have to mop the deck, cook and help out. Watch out! Could that be a mermaid? Oh, yes! Deep dive and find out the ocean's secret. But beware. They may keep you down there and you will meet your maker!

Siminic:
    • A large, luxurious ship, where you will dress up to the nines, experience the finest sit down dinners and even a Turkish Bath! Most romantic and dreamy trip. Still, enjoy the best you can. You may hit an iceberg after few days and have to fight for your life!

PS: Will this be popular here in the Forums? Probably not. I want to have fun, wildly speculate and maybe an idea or two might get picked up by developers. If I wanted just to have a majority agreeing, I'd propose Pets, Seasons or any other theme that has been done and mentioned a few hundred times. Therefore, please avoid viciously arguing and join with levity and imagination! :)

So where are these ships supposed to sail? In the non-existent background ocean? Even if they did a special TS4 "world", any decent size cruise liner would just have to sit and spin with the current size they are.

Good luck with that though.
  • Options
    KramYraelo wrote: »
    Three ships will be added to the game so you can pick up your phone and buy tickets!

Freedom Of The Sims:
    • A modern family cruise, with all sorts of amenities, including buffet restaurants, theatre shows, spas, fitness classes and the Captain's Ball. At the end you will reach a paradisiac beach where you can swim, snorkel, build sand castles, sun bathe and play with monkeys! Perhaps you can smuggle a monkey back home when you return!

Cutthroat Siren:
    • A pirate ship! Learn sword fighting, but be careful not to lose a leg or an eye. You might need to live with an eye-patch or a wooden leg! There's singing pirate songs, telling tales and all sorts of camaraderie. But you have to mop the deck, cook and help out. Watch out! Could that be a mermaid? Oh, yes! Deep dive and find out the ocean's secret. But beware. They may keep you down there and you will meet your maker!

Siminic:
    • A large, luxurious ship, where you will dress up to the nines, experience the finest sit down dinners and even a Turkish Bath! Most romantic and dreamy trip. Still, enjoy the best you can. You may hit an iceberg after few days and have to fight for your life!

PS: Will this be popular here in the Forums? Probably not. I want to have fun, wildly speculate and maybe an idea or two might get picked up by developers. If I wanted just to have a majority agreeing, I'd propose Pets, Seasons or any other theme that has been done and mentioned a few hundred times. Therefore, please avoid viciously arguing and join with levity and imagination! :)

So where are these ships supposed to sail? In the non-existent background ocean? Even if they did a special TS4 "world", any decent size cruise liner would just have to sit and spin with the current size they are.

Someone did suggest the ship not move at all but even that will get pretty dull over time.... It all seems a bit iffy...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    You had me at pirates, I seriously need this:

Pelican-tall-ship.jpg

I want an option to name the ship!

That being said, I'm not entirely sure how this will work with a closed world, unless she ship is always out to sea, which would be ok too.
  • Options
    KramYraelo wrote: »

Freedom Of The Sims:

Cutthroat Siren:

Siminic:

The background moves by. Or it is just an open ocean. Simple.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I think you can give the players the illusion of a moving ship by having the panorama move as well as having animated water textures. A lot of games with closed world does this, animating a whole ship to do a particular route in world alongside all the Sims onboard in simulation is very taxing to any computers and I don't think its very feasible.

If a Sim wants to travel to a nearby island, it would probably use the same travel function in the game.

muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    I think you can give the players the illusion of a moving ship by having the panorama move as well as having animated water textures. A lot of games with closed world does this, animating a whole ship to do a particular route in world alongside all the Sims onboard in simulation is very taxing to any computers and I don't think its very feasible.

If a Sim wants to travel to a nearby island, it would probably use the same travel function in the game.

Precisely.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2014
    I really want to see cruises in TS4, and I made a thread about it a long while back (and later saw it made it to an EP survey)!

I think the EP should just provide one ship, a cruise, but load it with a TON of attractions and fun things to do. Shops, sports, restaurants, buffets, pools, music, tanning on deck, staterooms, watching the ocean, etc.

It could be very possible, as long as they make the cruise stationary (not move at all), but move the water and sky to appear as if it really were moving.

After 3 or so in-game days, you dock at either the tropical/jungle destination, artic/mountains destination, or maybe a Far East destination, dependent on what you chose for your Sims during planning the vacation. Each destination offers many different sights and features, and if you want, you can just fly or own a vacation home for easy accessibility.

As you can see, pretty high expectations are set for the vacation EP in TS4. That's the way it should be. The way they flaunted and raved about how optimized the game was, how great of a foundation it was, how simple it'd be to make expansions now, all has to reflect in the expansions. And don't forget, some will end up buying the same expansion concept for the FOURTH time in the series. They really gotta sell us their work.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really want to see cruises in TS4, and I made a thread about it a long while back (and later saw it made it to an EP survey)!

I think the EP should just provide one ship, a cruise, but load it with a TON of attractions and fun things to do. Shops, sports, restaurants, buffets, pools, music, tanning on deck, staterooms, watching the ocean, etc.

It could be very possible, as long as they make the cruise stationary (not move at all), but move the water and sky to appear as if it really were moving.

After 3 or so in-game days, you dock at either the tropical/jungle destination, artic/mountains destination, or maybe a Far East destination, dependent on what you chose for your Sims during planning the vacation. Each destination offers many different sights and features, and if you want, you can just fly or own a vacation home for easy accessibility.

As you can see, pretty high expectations are set for the vacation EP in TS4. That's the way it should be. The way they flaunted and raved about how optimized the game was, how great of a foundation it was, how simple it'd be to make expansions now, all has to reflect in the expansions. And don't forget, some will end up buying the same expansion concept for the FOURTH time in the series. They really gotta sell us their work.

You get it. The illusion is quite simple really.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We also need a new type of death in this EP... how about death by sea gull...
    [img]http://img.pandawhale.com/14456-seagull-attack-🐸🐸🐸🐸.jpeg[/img]
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Death by Pirates :grin:
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top