Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Iphone vs Android vs Windows

natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
Pick your best!

I pick Android (at the moment) because I feel that is is constantly being improved on, and way more open ended than IOS 8 is.

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've only had Androids. Love them!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm an android girl myself!
  • Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    Whatever this thing uses:
    41--OZVla5L.jpg
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2014
    Android. Though tbh, my next phone will probably be an Iphone. I prefer android, but I'll never give Galaxy another chance, and while I love my Motorola phone it's just impossible to get cases and stuff for it because everything is for Iphone and Galaxy and I want something I can get accessories for as I want/need and at a cheaper price (IF I can get a case for my phone now it's 20 bucks, I can get an iphone one for 5). I hear Galaxy phones are better now, but mine was the most useless piece of garbage ever. So really when the choices I have are galaxy or iphone I'm just going to go iphone. Though I just wish other android phones would become more common. I know there's like htc or whatever too, but that's not really super common here either so replacing cases can be iffy.
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    Android.

I love my Galaxy Note, and I'll be getting the 4 in 2 weeks! Very excited, but people complain that my phone is big enough
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Android. Though tbh, my next phone will probably be an Iphone. I prefer android, but I'll never give Galaxy another chance, and while I love my Motorola phone it's just impossible to get cases and stuff for it because everything is for Iphone and Galaxy and I want something I can get accessories for as I want/need and at a cheaper price (IF I can get a case for my phone now it's 20 bucks, I can get an iphone one for 5). I hear Galaxy phones are better now, but mine was the most useless piece of garbage ever. So really when the choices I have are galaxy or iphone I'm just going to go iphone. Though I just wish other android phones would become more common. I know there's like htc or whatever too, but that's not really super common here either so replacing cases can be iffy.

@dreamerz13 I HIGHLY suggest you consider getting a google nexus, they are amazing, and cases are made for them. I currently have a Nexus 4 (which is a *little* dated, but still gets the most current updates) Another perk with having nexus is that since they are a google phone, and google makes android, you will always be the first to get the newest major or minor updates. For example Android Lollipop just came out, and the nexus phones get the updates months or even up to a year that Samsung does! I love my nexus!

http://www.google.com/intl/all/nexus/

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_4_8GB?id=nexus_4_8gb&hl=en

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    katycat737 wrote: »
    Android.

I love my Galaxy Note, and I'll be getting the 4 in 2 weeks! Very excited, but people complain that my phone is big enough
    I love my Galaxy Note 3.
    I'm not upgrading since I got it as a birthday present this past summer as a surprise, and I hate redoing it all.
    (esp the drawer of past overpriced phone cases)
    I am a little curious of the differences between 3 and 4.
    (besides 13mp changing to 16).

I love Android !
    My first Smartphone was an iPhone - but, I hated some of the "restrictions" .

My Tablet is android and still looks new, works fine after 3 Years .
    (though my inner mind screams how dumb I was to pay $ 500- when they are less than half that, now).

* I always wondered,
    WHY must they name droid OS after sweets/ desserts?!
    IceCream
    Jellybean
    Kitkat
    Whats' next? Marshmallows ? ;)
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

@dreamerz13 I HIGHLY suggest you consider getting a google nexus, they are amazing, and cases are made for them. I currently have a Nexus 4 (which is a *little* dated, but still gets the most current updates) Another perk with having nexus is that since they are a google phone, and google makes android, you will always be the first to get the newest major or minor updates. For example Android Lollipop just came out, and the nexus phones get the updates months or even up to a year that Samsung does! I love my nexus!

http://www.google.com/intl/all/nexus/

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_4_8GB?id=nexus_4_8gb&hl=en

Maybe I'll look into, thanks. It'll be a while yet anyway, probably several months a least, so who knows what will change in phones in that time, but I would prefer to avoid iphone. My mom loves hers and is trying to convince me I should just get the iphone, but I do really love my android so much.
  • Options
    katycat737 wrote: »
    Android.

I love my Galaxy Note 3.
    I'm not upgrading since I got it as a birthday present this past summer as a surprise, and I hate redoing it all.
    (esp the drawer of past overpriced phone cases)
    I am a little curious of the differences between 3 and 4.
    (besides 13mp changing to 16).

I love Android !
    My first Smartphone was an iPhone - but, I hated some of the "restrictions" .

My Tablet is android and still looks new, works fine after 3 Years .
    (though my inner mind screams how dumb I was to pay $ 500- when they are less than half that, now).

* I always wondered,
    WHY must they name droid OS after sweets/ desserts?!
    IceCream
    Jellybean
    Kitkat
    Whats' next? Marshmallows ? ;)

Its actually lollipop! :)

http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

• Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    I am an android girl myself.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    IPhone. Wow, I'm the only one...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Android master race
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I have both an iPhone and an Android tablet -- when I upgraded my phone from the 4 to the 5s (saw no need to jump on the 6 or 6s bandwagon yet), AT&T sold me an LG 7-inch tablet for 99 cents. While I love the tablet (used it so much on the trip I had to up my data plan; got to remember not to stream video when I'm not on WiFi!), I find Android to be a bit clunkier than iOS, or maybe it's just the way LG deploys it. I've been an iPhone user since the original 3G -- went from that to the 4, then now to the 5s and that was mainly because I couldn't upgrade the 4 to the newest iOS.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MLJ28a wrote: »
    Whatever this thing uses:
    41--OZVla5L.jpg

Heh -- you and my husband; he has no interest in getting a smartphone, even though he'd be able to check things on the Internet a lot easier (he mainly just reads a few articles or checks on the Twitter feeds of some of the local sports reporters). He'll stick with his "dumb phone" as he calls it.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm exclusively Apple, I even have an iPad. Android confuses me.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I have an ipod touch, an android tablet and a windows phone. I have got everything covered!. :)
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited November 2014
    iPhone,
    I've had less problems with this than my previous Androids.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    I have never used android, but I must say that I much prefer Windows to iPhone. I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 and the camera is great, the construction is wonderful, and I love the layout options windows offers. I do find it a bit touchy at times, for some reason my phone wants nothing more than to open bing (which I hate and believe was a problem with iPhone as well, I hate bing and want to delete the option). I also hate that fathm (a wonderful time organizing app that displays everything in beautiful charts) and plants vs zombies are not available for Windows. I absolutely adore the mix radio app for windows and I also love being able to control the size of my calendar tile so that it can display appointments for that day.

I definitely give Windows a thumb up over iPhone, my husband switched to windows from iPhone and he also really likes it. He has also used android in the past but I don't know how he feels about it.
  • Options
    GigiK500GigiK500 Posts: 73 Member
    I honestly hate how literally more than half the people in the US are apple fan boys... Apple might be a fancy name with big money but that does NOT make them any better. There phones have 0 space and the worst graphics on earth android all da way
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I have iPhone 5 and love it, but it's the only phone I've ever had so I don't know! :D
  • Options
    GigiK500 wrote: »
    I honestly hate how literally more than half the people in the US are apple fan boys... Apple might be a fancy name with big money but that does NOT make them any better. There phones have 0 space and the worst graphics on earth android all da way

My opinion is just because it has a apple logo on it, does not make their product worth thousands.
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    Apple does make it look nice if you want to screenshot the song you're currently playing. Android music player, in my opinion, is horrible ugly.
    Also, since I have the Note 2, it's not optimal for exercise :(, so I had to spend some $ to get an iPod Nano lol.
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    I have a Windows phone right now (Lumia 535) so I'm gonna have to say WINDOWS ;)
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    Android for me, my phone and my tablet are andriod
  • Options
    abbiex149abbiex149 Posts: 42 Member
    I love iPhone because it links up with all my other devices but I do prefer my windows computer