Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zita1966 - MAXIS - SIMS Community

May I start by sincerely apologizing to Maxis and their whole team.
Then I would also want to single out and apologize to TheGreenLion and the rest of the sims community. It really started out as an innocent posting (so I thought at the time) and then it just escalated from there. I never never thought that the post would reach so many readers as you will see before the post I have never actually used this forum so I must concede that I was blown away. I accelerated into defense mode when all the rude and negative comments hit me right in the face, losing total perspective of the good feedback and others trying to guide and assist me. I asked for help and advise but focused only on the negative. This is not me, not even close and I have never never humiliated myself like this in any way or form, Being a very withdrawn person, I am now looking back very disappointment in myself for my actions. Listen, there are no real excuses but I had some time to read and reflect and it doesn't matter how I was hurting on some of the feedback, my actions remained uncalled for.

Now that I know how many people could read this post - I'm hoping that everyone concerned will read and hopefully except my apology as it comes from deep in my heart. I am so ashamed of my actions (I was hoping I could blame it on my medication - but that had nothing 2 do with it lol) Believe it or not I even stalked Grant (Mr Maxis himself)! Yeah. I really lost it these past few days and even though we will never meet in person and maybe most will think I'm just humiliating myself again I had to do this today. I'm not the person you all got to know through the posting and I hope that you will see the sincerity in my apology.

As for Maxis favoring me: Wow how ashamed I feel now...guys as I'm typing I'm actually considering deleting this post because I'm soooo embarrassed...It does not matter because I now realize how arrogant I was (considering 2 delete again lol). I also now realize that even my builds might be extraordinary to myself, it might not be for others or maxis. And I am ok with that. As many of you also said, the amount of downloads I get daily should be enough proof to me that I am doing something right.

I am also going to start with the actual in-game and not taking the whole building saga so seriously (I'll still upload because I do love to build lol) but I also want to explore the actual game and see what I've been missing.

I hope that I'll be allowed a fresh start with some kind of acceptance and forgiveness as I'm looking forward to explore my new found tech capabilities on the forum.

GuruGrant, when you feel someone is following or watching you, it's not me, I promise. LOL

I'm so sorry guys...

Zita1966

Comments

• Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    No worries :) and sorry that i haven't yet replied to your post from yesterday.

Again, great builds, will definitely put a few in that one suggestion thread in the lots section (if I can find it ;) )
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    That took a lot of guts to post. Seems very heart felt and I for one accept your apology. But I hope you don't dwell on this post because some of those nasty people could come on here just to bust your bubble. That is why I do not post much but you need a response to this so I for one accept your apology and hope to see a lot more of your builds on the Gallery. Here's to Happy Simming.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Group Hug we forgive you!!
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view2/1413020/friends-group-hug-o.gif[/img]

It's ok we are all human here, we all make mistakes and say things out of character. For the most part I've seen a lot of your builds even before this happen, I think you are a very talented builder, and I'm looking forward to more of your creations in the future. I hope my comment didn't come off as rude in the other thread, It was just advice. Happy Simming.

OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    I feel like I missed something..
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    It takes a lot to apologise. It also takes a lot to open up on these forums about how you genuinely feel as it seems that someone will always be quite blunt in their answers.

Hopefully you will continue to enjoy you building (you are creative and talented), and you will also enjoy coming to the forums.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm so sorry guys...
    Zita1966
    How come you're posting under a different name?
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Good on you for apologizing, not an easy thing to do and I accept it. :)

As Dragon said (very nicely) we make mistakes, but thank you for taking a step in the right direction to fix it.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello I hope you enjoy exploring TS 4. One of the nicest things you can do is use your considerable talent to build houses for your own sims. That can be very satisfying :)

Please continue uploading your creations. They are lovely and the fact so many download them speaks volumes.

And please come back to the Forum. We all have off days but we don't all have the courage to admit it as you have done :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Thank you so much everybody. xx
  • Options
    seminaricardoseminaricardo Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2014
    The hardest thing for a human to do these days is...forgiving others/asking for forgiveness. You just gained courage and strength Zita. Kudos to you :)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Shouldn't you have said this in the actual thread where this happened.... Side note. I do love drama.
    scary-movie-popcorn-gif.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    LOL, everyone's done things they're not proud of - don't stress over it. This was kinda brave of you... I wouldn't have done it, lol.
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    What happened?
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    LOL, everyone's done things they're not proud of - don't stress over it. This was kinda brave of you... I wouldn't have done it, lol.

I dare say that everybody has lost it on this forum too.

It takes a strong person to admit when they did something wrong. So don't take it to heart, Zita. We've all got too serious over Sims at some point, and forgotten that it's a game. My moment was last year. The thing to do is just try to get back to enjoying your game.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Redliner1960Redliner1960 Posts: 88 Member
    I remember reading that thread... looks like you have tried to make it right. Enjoy the game....
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Welcome back Zita. We all have our days and we all overreact sometimes. And I'm sure we all have moments where we'd like our efforts to be commended more than they are, if I recall what your original thread was about and don't have you mixed up with someone else. But either way this thread right here takes a lot of guts. Welcome back to the forums and happy simming :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2014
    I am going to change this by saying only build for yourself. Not for accolades or recognition by EA or others. If people download your builds be proud that someone else is enjoying your creation. If you do get picked somewhere along the way be proud of that. But only build for yourself. Welcome back.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    People flip out on this forum on an hourly basis. Don't sweat it hun.
    Just say you hate toddlers and you'll have a death penalty written on your forehead...
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited November 2014
    Meh... Nevermind.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm so sorry guys...
    Zita1966
    How come you're posting under a different name?

Her Origin ID might be different than her forum ID -- for example I'm stilljustme2 here (was justme2 way back when but something happened and EA couldn't find my account so I had to set a new one), and I'm justme22 on Origin (same thing).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I don't even know what this is about....
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Get out the popcorn for this.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/799540/maxis-ignoring-good-builds/p1
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2014
    thanks for the links...also went and looked at the recommendations thread...yeah, 'nuff said.

I think I'll dig up a can of soft drink/soda water/soda pop to drink while I eat my popcorn.

Btw...for you builders out there...a word to the wise...if I ever download your house because I like the way it looks...by the time I get through remodeling it, it won't look anything like the way it looked when I first downloaded it...:mrgreen:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Get out the popcorn for this.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/799540/maxis-ignoring-good-builds/p1

That thread was too hot. I think my eyes burned a little reading it...

But great job admitting and asking to be forgiven OP. You get a cookie!