Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to have baby girl or boy in Sims 4?

Hi, my first time to play the sims 4 .. and I have a family. and as long as I have a child it was always male ... how to have a female child in sims 4? anyone can give a solution?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    So far there is no way to influence the gender of your baby, its completely random or to be precise a 50/50 kind of thing. Try and try till you succeed is the only solution I suppose.

There could be a mod lying around though, that can be another alternative.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Secks
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    There's a preggo scan mod over at MTS. Save have your sims woohoo, use the mod to find out what flavour she's having if it's another boy reload and woohoo/try again. It saves you waiting the whole pregnancy to find out. Sorry it's a bit of a fuss, I don't know any way to influence the gender.
  • Options
    lynnbrownlynnbrown Posts: 73 Member
    I have a theory on this. Don't know if it's luck, or if it's really true, but it works for me. I you want a boy, have the male sim initiate the whoohoo interaction, and the female sim for a girl. It worked 100% for me in TS3, and so far has worked for 3 pregnancies in TS4. So far I have had 1 boy, and 2 girls. Again, could just be luck. I don't know.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2014
    Well it seems to be that if the sim that proposed initiates, I get boys, if the sim that was proposed to initiates, I get girls. I have mods so, both sims might be the same gender in my game.)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    looksolooksolooksolookso Posts: 58 Member
    Unfortunately, I'm afraid not. It's 50/50 chance. But I do believe that when Generation EP release, they will make it possible to influence the baby's gender. ( I don't understand why they kick this feature out. It's always been in the base game.) :\
    1274306.large.jpg
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    lynnbrown wrote: »
    I have a theory on this. Don't know if it's luck, or if it's really true, but it works for me. I you want a boy, have the male sim initiate the whoohoo interaction, and the female sim for a girl. It worked 100% for me in TS3, and so far has worked for 3 pregnancies in TS4. So far I have had 1 boy, and 2 girls. Again, could just be luck. I don't know.

It didn't work for me in TS4. I had Don Lothario initiate the "try for baby" interaction most of the time. He has 10 girls and 3 boys. In fact 2 of the times his female lovers initiated the interaction, they had baby boys.

I know in TS3, the only way I knew of to have a baby boy or baby girl was to eat certain fruits. I wish there was something similar in TS4.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    I have my pregnant sim eat apples hoping for a baby boy.
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Despite all the wild theories people have proposed for influencing a baby's gender, there is no way to do it. It doesn't matter what the color of the bassinet is, or who initiates the woohoo, what the mother eats, or anything else. Just like in real life, it's random.

The only way to ensure a particular gender (short of using mods) is to wait until the baby ages up to a child and set the one you want in CaS.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Trick wrote: »
    Despite all the wild theories people have proposed for influencing a baby's gender, there is no way to do it. It doesn't matter what the color of the bassinet is, or who initiates the woohoo, what the mother eats, or anything else. Just like in real life, it's random.

The only way to ensure a particular gender (short of using mods) is to wait until the baby ages up to a child and set the one you want in CaS.

This.

So far, my game has been keeping steady at 50/50. My sim gave birth yesterday to another girl. So now she has 2 sons and 2 daughters. Mind you, my sims have never given birth to twins or triplets in S4. I also don't use the fertility trait (but I might try it oneday!)

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    lynnbrown wrote: »

It didn't work for me in TS4. I had Don Lothario initiate the "try for baby" interaction most of the time. He has 10 girls and 3 boys. In fact 2 of the times his female lovers initiated the interaction, they had baby boys.

I know in TS3, the only way I knew of to have a baby boy or baby girl was to eat certain fruits. I wish there was something similar in TS4.
    And the sauna that came with Sunlit Tides.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Bricks16Bricks16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having all boys too until I tried having the woman not the male woohooing on an even number hour. Taking the pregnancy test on an even number hour then delivery the baby at home in a yellow crib. I also whoohooed at night and did the pregnancy test in the morning. This worked for me let me know if it works for anyone else.
  • Options
    jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately, I'm afraid not. It's 50/50 chance. But I do believe that when Generation EP release, they will make it possible to influence the baby's gender. ( I don't understand why they kick this feature out. It's always been in the base game.) :\

I don't remember a way to choose gender in Sims 2 or The Sims. Did I miss it? I know you can eat cheesecake to increase chance for twins in Sims 2 but not gender. As for Sims 4, I agree with everyone that says 50/50. I have not found a way to set gender without mods or changing it after they are born.
  • Options
    KingPlumbobKingPlumbob Posts: 91 New Member
    edited December 2014
    I hve had this problem, and I edited them in cas with cas.fulleditmode.

Sorry, double post.
  • Options
    KingPlumbobKingPlumbob Posts: 91 New Member
    Hi there, there's a 50% chance of whether having a boy or a girl. :)
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2014

As far as I can remember you couldn't influence the gender of the baby in TS1 or TS2, it was only TS3 that brought this feature in. I think with TS4 it is pretty much 50/50 but it could also be influenced by the population of your town; if you have more females than males then the game might be selecting boys to balance out the population.

Edit: That's just a thought though & it isn't really based on anything. I just seem to remember a similar thing happening with TS3 when you didn't influence the pregnancy.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I want a pop up window that asks "Gender?" then the option are "Boy", "Girl", "Random" because I'm creating a story that has some real life details when the two sims have a child they have to have the daughter first and then the son.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    I'd really like a way to influence gender without using mods. I hope they include that in the game in the future.
    Only started posting recently after lurking on the forums for 5 years! :)
  • Options
    kierpickleskierpickles Posts: 21 Member
    I read somewhere if you eat 3 carrots=boy and 3 strawberries=girl so far its worked for me
  • Options
    kokotaffykokotaffy Posts: 155 Member
    Oh I'm glad I found this! Gonna use these tricks to try and finally get a little girl!
    bi4QAjB.gif
  • Options
    s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    For any player who searches the forums and decides to necro this old thread again in the future:
    When the game released, there was no way to determine gender without a mod. It was a 50/50 chance each pregnancy. However, currently:
    Strawberries and/or listening to Pop music for girls.
    Carrots and/or listening to Alternative music for boys.

I specifically added the word listening because the sim needs to actively listen to that music rather than have it playing in the background.

Btw, this is the OFFICIAL way. It was added in a patch by The Sims Team. None of the other alternatives work, unless you're using a mod specifically for it.
    Only started posting recently after lurking on the forums for 5 years! :)
  • Options
    ShadeTheMustangShadeTheMustang Posts: 36 Member
    Last I knew it was all random isn't it? In my experience with previous Sims games, nothing really helped to sway the gender of a baby. Then again, maybe I just didn't do it right.
    "The horse. Here is nobility without conceit, friendship without envy, beauty without vanity. A willing servant, yet never a slave."
    ~Ronald Duncan

tumblr_n4tuosT4Ha1rogcvyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    anniesimmeranniesimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    sadly there is no possible way to force a gender when you're pregnant, where in sims 3 and others you could eat strawberries to have a boy and eat watermelons for a girl. i wish there was a way to persuade gender, but it's a 50/50 chance. in one of my games i kept having boys because i wanted to have a girl but i had no luck. i basically had 4 boys lol...but i made a new game and our first child was a baby girl named Bella. so i guess we just have to live with it until hopefully one day there will be a cheat like the other sims games!
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 718 Member
    Ahh, I don't know. I also had this problem when I wanted a boy first. The only thing I did was to wait until third trimester, and a couple of hours before she went into labor, save the game, wait for the baby to be born, and if it's not the gender you wanted, exit game then open your household again and wait for the baby to be born.

Also, I downloaded a mod called Genetic Transfusion, which helped same-sex couples have babies, kind of like that feature that came with The Sims 3 Into The Future. With that mod, the baby takes the DNA of a couple and you can either choose to have a baby boy, baby girl, twins, etc.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2015
    sadly there is no possible way to force a gender when you're pregnant, where in sims 3 and others you could eat strawberries to have a boy and eat watermelons for a girl. i wish there was a way to persuade gender, but it's a 50/50 chance. in one of my games i kept having boys because i wanted to have a girl but i had no luck. i basically had 4 boys lol...but i made a new game and our first child was a baby girl named Bella. so i guess we just have to live with it until hopefully one day there will be a cheat like the other sims games!

Actually it's strawberries and pop music for a girl and carrots and alternative music for a boy. Works everytime for me. This was patched in, but if you are playing an updated game, it'll work for you, too. As for multiples, there is no set way to increase them. Even the fertility trait doesn't really increase them enough.

ETA: The MC Command mod allows you to set everything pregnancy related. Gender and multiple or single births.
    p8L4V6v.png