Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BUG] Knock on Door bug

SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
As of this evening, I've encountered the Knock on Door bug. I have tested with two separate Sims in two separate files. My Sims are not given any opportunity to Knock on Door. This bug cropped up for me after downloading the latest patch (the pool patch). I have no mods, no CC and nothing from the Gallery. Just the game as it came out of the box and the patches.

According to my research, the Knock on Door bug has been documented as far back as Week 1. The only fix I've found is to download a mod. To me, that is100% unacceptable. It is a major bug, not *entirely* game-breaking, but significant nonetheless. If EA can't be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to fix it, I'll be darned if I'm going to give them a pass by going to an outside party. I will not download a mod to fix this issue. Period.

I *may* continue to try to play Sims 4 without visiting other Sims, but there's a good possibility I may give up on the game altogether. I've given it a good try. I *wanted* to like it. Heck, I wanted to *love* it. Sadly, it's just too frustratingly buggy, glitchy, laggy and crash-prone for my taste. There's not enough content to keep things entertaining. There aren't enough new features to make up for the features which were eliminated. It is not the game it could have or should have been.

If it weren't for some talented Simmers who came up with Challenges, I would have shelved Sims 4 after Week 1. The Challenges kept me coming back. Thank you @katoregama, @Terrylin, @lotlot80, @cefthy and the Simmer who consolidated the list of Challenges, @Nicarra60, for creating fun ways to work with Sims 4.

Bottom line, though: I simply don't need a game needs this much babysitting. The only high maintenance thing in my home should be me ;).

Comments