Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I couldn't take it anymore!

claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
My town was completely overrun by overweight sims. At first it was fine. They were all just a tad bit on the rounder side. They had a little extra junk in the trunk and strutted around with an attitude. I liked it.

But over time… it reached a whole new level. My husband looked over my shoulder while I was playing the other day. My Sim was visiting the park. He laughed and made a crack about “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”. It had reached epidemic level and SOMETHING had to be done. I couldn’t let everyone in the game become incredibly obese. It just isn’t healthy.

So I started “Operation Fit Sim”. I made my way through each house in the neighborhood and got those Sims moving. They went on a salad and yogurt diet followed by a daily fitness regimen. No Sim was left behind.

Here’s some Before and After Examples:

69941a0a-6f82-414e-949a-5fe1d583e63a.png

fd7368dd-2109-4831-a015-6908bb98a878.png

b0a5d986-965a-4b8d-a7a0-4c53a5d547f1.png

811fba4a-6c0c-4966-8e45-96b531666f03.png

d1dc616a-910c-4825-89c3-ba8276ea52c7.png

358dedbc-3a2a-473f-95f9-b31424ea46aa.png

22a8df84-4121-41f9-bb9c-a3a9c0d0fa90.png

It was actually fun because I got a glimpse into the households of Sims I had never played before and got to play out their stories for a little bit. At this point all of the townies that live in an active household are in shape. In fact, I see them jogging by frequently and now autonomously visiting the gym. They’ve stuck to their fitness regimen even after I left their houses. That’s impressive.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the townies WITHOUT households to get in shape. I thought about starting some kind of fitness camp and inviting these townies to move in. I feel like there must be an easier way though.

Is it possible to edit the appearance of an NPC in Create a Sim? If so, How do you do this?
tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif

Comments

• Options
    LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    I've noticed that in my game as well. Something tells me the Chef of the North Star (anime reference) is using his 100 dish feeding technique on every Sim in town... again... And making the Sims explode in girth.
    Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    edited October 2014
    @claritysf if you can get these results IRL, you would be rich, if only getting people to change their lifestyle was so easy IRL lol.

Also, if you go to the gym, doesn't it usually fill it with sims that live in town? I suspect if you visit the gym more often your town would be in better shape, haven't tested that theory though.

ETA: You should be able to with cheats on shift click a sim to go into CAS
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Gyms are filled with people who have the fitness skill as far as I know.

Since you trained them, they all acquired this skill and now they're hanging around the gym more often, I guess :D
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    type
    cas.fulleditmode

in the cheats bar when in the map. then go into manage households and edit the townies in CAS.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    SimKeats wrote: »
    @claritysf if you can get these results IRL, you would be rich, if only getting people to change their lifestyle was so easy IRL lol.

Also, if you go to the gym, doesn't it usually fill it with sims that live in town? I suspect if you visit the gym more often your town would be in better shape, haven't tested that theory though.

I know right? lol!

I noticed before that when I went to the gym it was always the same people (Don Lothario and a few other lugheads) Now that I've got the town in shape, there is a lot more diversity in the gym. I think Sims with high athletic skill levels generate in the gym. This is just a theory though.

I should try going to the gym more to see if this influences the NPC's I can't control.

• Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    That actually sounds like fun! So weird how they all put on so much weight so quickly :|
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Simurica. ;)
  • Options
    type
    cas.fulleditmode

in the cheats bar when in the map. then go into manage households and edit the townies in CAS.

Awesome!! Thank you!! :D

• Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    type
    cas.fulleditmode

Awesome!! Thank you!! :D

You're welcome!
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Simurica. ;)

Meeeeeeeeeean :DDD
  • Options
    CoffeeKattCoffeeKatt Posts: 56 Member
    You need to create a Jamie Oliver Sim right away.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    ldhopvg4.gif

what you expected

what you got
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    This looks like a fun way to play, my town is getting fat to.
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    I think sims are secret eaters tbh. It's weird how they get so big so quickly.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think it has something to do with those grills, I know my townies flock mine.

My Sims do occasionally swipe a burger or two. It's a free meal. I say have them at it. lol
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    This entire thread is both brilliant and hilarious! I've LOLed (really) reading these posts.

Awesome gameplay "theme" idea... once at the gym, remember there's an "invite/influence (?) Name to workout" interaction on machines, right? (that "maybe if YOU spent more time there, so would they" comment *could* have been directed at me, too... haha!)

I'm totally gonna do this. My town's got people moving in (well, in the bin... i have "populate homes" turned OFF. i'll pick, thanks.) that are ALREADY fat! Grr.
  • Options
    I miss the "train sim" option from sims 3, that was one of the things I enjoyed more about sims 3 Uni while living at a dorm lol. You didn't even have to actually train them, your sim could be doing something else, you set them up to train a sim, that sim goes and works out, you cancel the action, and repeat as desired too much fun, I miss it.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Wouldnt it have been faster just to get them the insta-thin potion
  • Options

The potion in 4 is so boring to me, doesn't add to gameplay, detracts from it. In 3, at least it was part of alchemy, made more sense, still had some sort of fun value, to have your sim go on a anti-fat crusade armed with potions :p
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Funny how it's all women getting so obese....no, it's not really funny, it's actually annoying that they coded it this way. Men get fat, too. Let's see them get some extra love handles and pot bellies that match the women's mega boobs and massive behinds.

I have the mod to stop this from happening, however, one of my Sims still developed really big boobs after her second child. I kept starting at those babies in awe. They were that massive, I had to fix them for her so she wouldn't hurt her back (LOL).

About the gym, I only ever see the same 10 Sims there and they are always mean and hot headed. The gym is not a very pleasant place to visit, so I tend to build home gyms.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Well,they are recreating the pandemic obesity US is suffering right now,we can give them credit for that!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »

The potion in 4 is so boring to me, doesn't add to gameplay, detracts from it. In 3, at least it was part of alchemy, made more sense, still had some sort of fun value, to have your sim go on a anti-fat crusade armed with potions :p

Boring yes but if all you're doing is getting neighborhood sims fit then its faster .
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited October 2014
    My game's sim bin isn't discriminating against either males or females, it's rolling NPCs of varying girths (more larger than smaller) for everybody. Women may be a little MORE round than the guys, overall, but it isn't Jack Sprat level differences (who knows that nursery rhyme?) by any means. So far the kids it's giving me have all been thin/normal, just FYI. Only the adults are pigs!

My sim hubby has 3 days off, so I'm thinking of having him start the town fitness campaign that someone obviously needs to kick off! Probably his "honeydo" list item for today since she works and will probably have their baby sim.tomorrow.

Couple of random "fatness" notes... in one game I kept an eye on their hunger bar and when it would get either full or (more usually) a HAIR under filled, I'd cancel out of eating. That seemed to slow down their weight gain.

In my current game, and it's probably due to some mod, when I put an eaten-on plate in the fridge and get it back out later to finish it off, there's food on the plate but the "picture" is just of an empty plate. It's a little annoying but not enough for me to to give up the suspected issue-causing time-slow mod, so I'm hoping it's not a game breaker, just a visual hiccup.

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this, and what if any mods are you using?

Seems like I was going to add something else, but.. whoosh! I'll be back when/if I think of it again. B)

Edit: Oh, YEAH! I was gonna say that when I was setting up Margali and Michael, I yanked both body sliders to the bottom. NOT recommended, they both came out looking a little 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

But he started off as one of the fat NPCs I pulled from the bin to be her mate, and yes I did use one insta-lean potion on him when they were dating. He's already getting a little round again... sympathy pregnancy poundage? THIS is what I wanted to mention (the other side of the fat coin?), that they were both too thin when i started them, and while she's pregnant i'm letting her eat as much as she will, to see if she fills out a little more and keeps some weight that she needs on after she has the baby.

He's jogging. And working out a little. Apparently not enough, and this baby isn't getting born with me in the forums, huh?
    :D
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I haven't had too much of an issue with the obesity lately. I do have sims that visit the gym often though. Do you ever visit the gym? Your townies and fellow townspeople visit when you visit-so they are burning the virtual calories there. I wonder if that's the difference.
  • Options
    SnuggieQueenSnuggieQueen Posts: 231 Member
    So far the kids it's giving me have all been thin/normal, just FYI. Only the adults are pigs!

So, thin is normal and being fat makes you a pig. Awesome. :)