Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LOOK HOW MUCH THEY LOOK ALIKE! :O

Hi simmers! So, I started a sims 3 family, and I have been playing this one game for the past couple of weeks. I just noticed how much Cassie (Mother) and Carina (Teen) look alike!
pRDVVZC614CXV.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    They must be clones. Personally I hate it when the game does that :(
    I prefer mixed offspring myself. She is pretty though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    My kids tend to be clones of one of the parents. This part of the reason I never really loved sims3.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    That's weird! Other than matching eyes, my sim babies look nothing like the parents. I must say your sims are pretty.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    My kids tend to be clones of one of the parents. This part of the reason I never really loved sims3.
    I had a lot of mixes too. Fortunately.
    That's weird! Other than matching eyes, my sim babies look nothing like the parents. I must say your sims are pretty.
    Problem in Sims 3 is most features look quite different 'cross gender'.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ImaSimsGeekImaSimsGeek Posts: 207 Member
    Thanks for the compliments, and I wish that they weren't complete twins.
    [IMG]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-REwqSsDCB-8/VGfcB8tqfeI/AAAAAAAAB3c/QuJEarRVDrM/w905-h679-no/sims3.jpg.jpg[/IMG]
    Here's how the daughter turned out.
  • Options
    morgandaniellexomorgandaniellexo Posts: 414 Member
    They're very similar! Oh my goodness.

They are beautiful. Just lovely! My games do that all the time. They either look like twins of either the Mom or the Dad.
    I rarely get a mixture of both, or a Sim that looks nothing like the parents. I wish they could all come out like a surprise, not just little clones.
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Options
    They're very similar! Oh my goodness.<br />
    <br />
    They are beautiful. Just lovely! My games do that all the time. They either look like twins of either the Mom or the Dad.<br />
    I rarely get a mixture of both, or a Sim that looks nothing like the parents. I wish they could all come out like a surprise, not just little clones.
    They always have the exact features of at least one of the parents (and if you're lucky both). The problem is that you won't probably recognize the mother when you made her a father and vice versa ;)
    Two weeks ago I made a male sim, took his picture, then turned him into a female and took another picture (just changed the colour of the eyes). This was the result:

Screenshot-807_zps97e4a0a0.png

07_zps8ba38be5.png

They just don't really look alike (and again, it's the very same sim).
    Obviously I used 'mellow' features. If I wouldn't have the results would have been terrible.
    That's why Sims 3 is very limited when you're into a legacy (and offspring).

But they certainly mix too. Eyes and jawline of the mother combined with nose and mouth of the father for example.
    I love it when that happens.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    wander2.jpg.jpg
  • Options
    I also hate it when different hair styles make the colour look different.
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    Some of ugliest sims I've ever seen were a genetic mix of 2 nice looking parents. I just play them as they come I've only sent one to have plastic surgery but he was just so sad looking I couldn't play with him without feeling bad for him.
  • Options
    I always check in CAS what offspring two sims will 'deliver'. If something's very off I adjust them (well, one, my heir is already in the game) till it's right.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I think I'm one of the few remaining simmers who doesn't tweak offspring. Genes don't always play right in real life either.

Straight clones of one parent are frustrating, though. I've seen them in real life, but it's not as common as it is in the game, where four or more generations being clones of each other is just another normal thing in Simnation!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    That kinda bothers me, but honestly, I'd rather have clones of the parents than ugly kids
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Same here. @angeleb95
  • Options
    Me too.
    I never played more than one generation with a clone btw.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    @ImaSimsGeek where did you get that hair of your profile picture?
  • Options
    It's by nightcrawler you can get it here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Nightcrawler_Sims/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/nightcrawler_af_hair26/id/1257360/
    They have a lot of other great hair styles so check them out.
  • Options
    xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    Wow! That is crazy!
  • Options
    I know right? I get either ugly sims or clones when the sims I have have children >:(