Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frustrating!

Does anyone else have an issue with loved ones dying? I mean my Sim's girlfriend (soulmate all that) just died in front of her eyes, while she was stuck on a chair and couldn't get up or plead for her life because she was lying in the way and she didn't even get a sad buff from it. I had to have her mourn at the urn to get any reaction at all and even then all the other emotions she had just kept her playful. I'm sorry but that's just dreadful. I love the emotion system but no matter how much fun I'm having, if my partner dies in front of my eyes I'd be bloody well devastated! That does make the sims feel like complete psychopaths. :(

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Is she is a gold-digger? B)
    ---
    It is most likely a glitch. The SimGurus probably are already aware of it.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Eh?
    First, take a deep breath.

Okay. Now... There is this thing called ambrosia in the game. Find it. Use it!

Sims probably won't become any smarter till some huge update (not happening soon, we'll get first pools, then careers), so you'll still have to think instead them for a while...
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Haven't had that issue yet... I hope I don't. No one has died yet... my elder just refuses... lol He has been hanging on for weeks after the final notice of death..
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Eh?
    First, take a deep breath.

Okay. Now... There is this thing called ambrosia in the game. Find it. Use it!

Sims probably won't become any smarter till some huge update (not happening soon, we'll get first pools, then careers), so you'll still have to think instead them for a while...

*tries to do some calming yoga*

*gets completely knotted in the attempt*

Yeah I actually wanted her to die. This was supposed to be a terrible sob story, which is totally not happening considering my bereaved sim is refusing to grieve properly... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to imagine that she's terribly sad. What's even more irritating though is that her need to pee made her uncomfortable right away despite all the good buffs. Yet her girlfriend dramatically biting the bucket doesn't have the same effect. -.-
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    When I see a Sim die, say at the park, I have my sim leave right away and go home or another lot. I just don't want them to have that sad emotion that will come and go, come and go :'(
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    I had a male Sim die of old age and the Grim Reaper turned up. His girlfriend was in the shower at the time and the Reaper went up to the shower and watched for a while before leaving. Creepy. (obviously the NPC had tried to interact with her but was unable to and cancelled, but that's not what it looked like!).

But once he had died, she was sad for a few days, I think because the game picked up that they were married. I hadn't had it the last time it happened because I hadn't married the Sims - so I think the game takes the relationship status quite seriously.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 shame it didn't do that for me... Oh well, seems I am the only one with this weird issue then. Had it once before when a sim's dad died. She didn't grieve at all either...
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Actually, I had my Sim marry Don L. His two other girlfriends lived with them. All three women had a baby by him. My sim was very angry with him for flirting before he died. She pleaded with the grim reaper and he spared him. My sim was still very angry with Don L. A few sim days later he died again (she was still VERY angry with him) and she was sad for days, cried all the time!

That's why my single sim runs away from death, that sadness lingers on for days :s
  • Options
    theskull07theskull07 Posts: 36 Member
    What gets aggravating is the several times a day autonomous mourning. Happy happy joy joy... lets go to my partners grave who died weeks ago and mourn... sad face sad face sad. Wish there was a medium setting for autonomy. Instead of either full tilt or off. Lol