Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you are a male, do you tend to make more males in the game? and/

Comments

• Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't make some male or female. I make Sims.

Sims don't make the difference. I don't either.

Seriously, I prefer make male sims BUT I play both. I'm just very bad for making female.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I make both. A good mix of both sexes. I mostly make families so this could be why. But if I'm doing a single sim, I have almost always done a version of my simself
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    MrHotterMrHotter Posts: 49 Member
    I start with a male self-sim along with my real life family/friends, but then I like to populate the rest of the town with sims I can recognize. My town is filled with people from TV shows, comics, or celebrities. I tend to have more women because that's what I like to see wandering down the streets.
    7HKbN5vGdcqZdduM6
  • Options
    haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    I nearly always start with a male sim but only because I usually want the sim to eventually have children and a male sim can father children even when he has aged to elder, so even if it takes a while for him to find his spouse it doesn't matter, whereas a female cannot have children once she has become an elder so it means it is a race to get her married and pregnant before it is too late; I never make multiple sims, so no families only single sims, and once I am playing a household I don't make and add any further sims to the neighbourhood, relying entirely on game generated or pre-made sims for spouse material.

Having said that, in Sims 4 I currently have only two save games, one where the starting sim was a male and one where the starting sim was a female - they've both married townie sims who once moved in were found to be a lot older than they were, which didn't cause a problem for my female sim but has for my male sim because his chosen beloved is only 9 days away from aging to elder! Oh well, if they love each other I won't stand in the way, it just means children now rather than later! :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, I tend to make mostly females because I am a female and not great at making males, LOL. I wondered if everyone was like me.
    After reading your posts, I realized it is not like I thought after all :o
    It doesn't really matter if you make your sims the same gender as you are or not, just as long as you are having fun :D
    When I made this post, I thought it was weird but it was something I was curious about and glad I asked!

Thank you all for your replies!
  • Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    I'm male, and I have currently four female and two male sims in my game.
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm a guy and I make both genders equally.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I'm a guy and I tend to make male Sims until I realize I've made a horrible gender imbalance. Then I make like... 5 households with nothing but females, so I won't feel so bad, and my town won't be so guy-heavy. XD
    But I do have a guy preference IRL, so I'm a bit biased in the sims I want to play.

That said, one of my favorite Sims I have ever played was Female, and in Sims 3. I wish I could make her again, but without CASt, It wouldn't be the same.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    or, if you are a female do you tend to make more females?

I tend to make more females :p

I guess if you make families then it doesn't matter? I usually start off with single sims

Just curious B)

I start out with single male sims. Then, I'll go over and create a few all female households for him to become friends with and/or date. He'll hook up, get married and then I'll play that household for awhile. Sometimes they have kids, sometimes not.
  • Options
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm female and I tend to make female Sims for myself. Sometimes I'll make a male partner for them.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm male and I find it hard to make male Sims which are really distinguishing. It's a lot easier with females. To answer the question: I have a 50/50 ratio of male/females in my library so I tend to make both.
  • Options
    FAWKES411FAWKES411 Posts: 104 Member
    Female... and I usually make more females.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I usually play a couple but when I'm not doing that I play a male.
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    I'm a woman and I gotta say, I have more fun playing my boys.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    I'm female and I almost always make female sims. Usually they all end up in relationships with other women as well.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    constance wrote: »

Agreed ;)
  • Options
    Jonalin wrote: »

Agreed ;)

Look at us gettin' all Freudian up in hurr.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

Agreed ;)

You know what it was like being a male player in TSO?

o-TOM-DALEY-570.jpg?6

• Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I'm a girl and I tend to make make sims, I prefer for my game to be chock-full of delicious eye candy.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

Agreed ;)

You know what it was like being a male player in TSO?

o-TOM-DALEY-570.jpg?6

tumblr_m9qkabJBdK1rrpo22.gif
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    I`m a guy so the first sim I created was my simself. In the demo I made more females (if there were more hair styles for males it might would`ve been even). But now I base it off of what gender seems to be less of that generation. Like last generations I had more girls than boys so when they hit young adult I went around making male offspring for the elders that were still around so there legacies could continue.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    I'm male but tend to make more females. I don't know, they're funner to make.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I always start with a single female sometimes two sisters. But sometimes I create extra families and just fill the empty houses with them, I create a lot of men for that. Gives my single sim ladies some options. ;)
  • Options
    auntmadi4438auntmadi4438 Posts: 251 Member
    If I had to guess I'd say most are female but I do enjoy making nerdy male sims