Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Regarding the Supernatural possible Expansion... (Tips to SimGurus)

AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
Hello!

First of all, I'm a big fan of Sims series since day 1. I love the game and, even tho I haven't gotten Sims 4 yet, I cannot wait to play it once I can afford it. Anyway, what I wanted to talk about is the possible Supernatural Sims 4 expansion! I LOVE the idea of Elementals and Runes being added in it! I even suggested it months ago on forums, so I'm super happy this is being majorly considered (So far its a winning option, from what I've seen).

Tips:

1) Please make the supernatural life states in Sims 4 more detailed. Everyone loves details, and so far Sims 4 with their emotions really impressed me in that field. Keep doing a great work! By details I mean more Sim-to-Sim,Sim-to-object, Sim-to-environment interactions.

2) Elementals make me so happy. Sims who wield the power to be and control their element! Air, water, earth, fire, and energy (fifth element usually to tie/connect with other elements in balance). Such Sims could have unique animations and looks to them. Perhaps they get a shimmering aura about them, change skin/hair/eye color to corresponding element, have some obvious spells for their element (gardening, watering, fire/cooking, wind is fast). But, the new animation type spells would be so great! Like, a duel system. Spells of waterbolt, fireball, rock/wines spell, and tornado spell. Combined elements could cause mud slide spell, storm clouds, steam, and lava.

SimElementals who are Water could have slightly transparent/watery arms and legs, amazing swimming ability, turn into mermaid in water (if not, then PLEASE make good mermaids. Not Sims 3 glorified swimsuit mermaids), eyes be more watery-looking, with eyelashes growing longer, they could sing melancholy songs to lure in sims to fall in love with them or make feel sad, they could also play with water sphere/drop in hands and make it circle them. Fire could have lines of fire/lava like light glowing through their arms and legs, have fiery orb levitating around occasionally, have fiery irises, be able to set fire, burn things, but this fire could also provide light and warmth, and fire of life, where they could with warm hug comfort a sad sim, and could be amazing at dancing and cooking. Wind Sims could fly/levitate, have a light breeze around them at times, their arms/legs would have a slight transparent breezy look to them, and their lightness would lift spirits of others, but if Wind sim gets stormy then objects around could break and plants crack. Earth Sims would have tree bark-like arms and legs, and have green wines grow up their body. They are lovers of anything nature, hate using technology, can easily grow flowers (loved plantsim daisy animation in sims 2), flower kiss, poison kiss, flower baby, release happy spores, can if bored grow a root chair to sit down, then it could retract as they get up. Energy Sim could be amazing with anything electronic, like talking to and giving names to electronic appliances, being able to manipulate lightning, be active and energetic, these elementals would be quick on their feet and have arms and legs crackle with colorful energy.

Each Elemental will have various unique interactions in each emotional state too. Like, if flirty, Water if could create a water droplet heart in air, Earth would grow and give a beautiful tulip, Wind could take a sim for a quick levitating kiss or fly around a sim with cute eyes, Fire sim would give a passionate fiery kiss or give very warm hug, and Energy would intertwine hands with loved one, hold foreheads to each other, and have an aurora like aura around them to show this deep connection. All 5 if grouped together would be an unstoppable team, like the W.I.T.C.H. girls!

3) Vampires could use a stalky walk like in Sims 2 again, I loved it. I also loved the face they'd make when you click on the ground, with quirky eyebrows and showing fangs. I loved it, I hope it makes a return, if not then make SimVamps themselves be very emotional. You need to add Fear emotion, it'd be fun, and make vampire sims have plenty of their own unique animations, like the no-mirror-reflection "bleh!", scare people, charm them into a bite, and add something new. I havent played with Vampires much in Sims 3 because they seemed boring. I prefered the scary and mysterious type Sims 2 had. The more mystery a life state has, the better. They're supposed to be different, with good and bad.

4) Every life state should have a bad side to them, like a drawback. Like vampires die in sunlight, water elemental could die from dehydration, fire could be easily angered, wind is absent minded or "always in clouds"/dreamy, etc. Witches get shunned and feared of, werewolves are feared of as well (hence we need Fear emotion), and scratch furniture and eat plants/fish/etc. So much possibilities!

5) Runes are an amazing idea! I study them IRL for fun and they're quite fascinating. Choose a good source to pick runes, or make up your own. Sims can predict future with them/answer questions, like the black 8 ball, use them for magical purposes, and carry them in little pouch. Witch Sims would love those as well. You could create amulets with runes on them, like bracelets/pendants/rings/earrings. They could be placed on ground for teleportation or to chat with the spirits. Instead of magic wands, we could have magical rings that shoot spark spheres of different color depending on your alighment. Heh, it'd be fun to include DnD (Dungeons and Dragons) like game in Sims 4 for nerdy Sims, where they place this board game while dressed up as wizards and have fun get togethers.

Thank you for reading :smile: I hope you take some of my suggestions!
~Aluna
Post edited by Angellulu on

Comments

• Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    Personally, I hope they don't do a Supernatural expansion pack; more of a Makin' Magic expansion pack focused on witches, wizards, mages, and psychics. I love that they added ghosts to the game. And I'm in the same boat you're in when it comes to not having the game to experience it. They could easily add vampires into a late night style pack; werewolves into a pet-style pack; genies in a fortune pack; faeries in a patch like they did with ghosts, as well as zombies in a Halloween patch in the next 2 to 3 years from now.
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I also don't want a Supernatural EP. Been there. Done that. I wanna see The Sims move on to something else.
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    I would love a supernatural EP. I like playing with non human sims, it makes the sims more unique and fun to play as.
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I also don't want a Supernatural EP. Been there. Done that. I wanna see The Sims move on to something else.

Word.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I love playing with new life states in Sims. If not a Supernatural all-in-one pack, I'd prefer Sims 2 style having one surprise life-state (that is very detailed and well-worked through) in each expansion pack.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I won't play this game until there are, at minimum, witches and ghosts. And THIS TIME vampires better have an option to sleep in a proper coffin, not hovering over some stupid "altar!" I DO like them being able to sleep in beds as well however. AND NO MORE WIMPY VAMPIRES! I don't mind if they have the option to ASK someone to willingly donate blood but they also MUST have the ability to mesmerize a victim and to physically subdue a victim via brawling. If a vampire FAILS to successfully mesmerize or win a fight with a potential victim they should be deeply humiliated and in a terrible mood thereafter until they DO successfully feed.

Witches need to be able to form covens and have unique familiars with a variety of unique interactions with those familiars.

Witches and vampires SHOULD be able to kill other Sims...but I kinda doubt we'll see THAT unfortunately.
  • Options
    creationsofmoniccreationsofmonic Posts: 122 Member
    I would love the have a supernatural EP like this. Just hope it does not end up like Sims 3.