Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to have Orgin in permanent Off-mode (until I put it back on)?

I'm not a big fan of the always-on default mode for Origin. I know I can manually click it off, but it's a pain to have to do that every time. I assume it turns itself on whenever I fire up the game but I wish it would turn itself off after that. Heck, now that I've installed the game and they got the info they were after, I'd really rather not be bothered with them at all (until/unless I choose to be bothered).

I have ticked the box that supposedly turns Origin off when I exit the game, but I don't think it does that, either.

Am I just stuck with having to babysit Origin?

Comments

• Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't use offline mode, but I recently saw someone say it will automatically boot in online mode, even if it was set to offline, every single time after your computer's rebooted. I also saw another person say they're able to just force-close Origin after opening the game, but I tried that once and the game froze up until it was reopened. This may have been because I didn't turn online access and such off.

Hopefully someone else can provide a better answer.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I did a search here on the forums, @NightmareCandle, and read through about 5 pages. You found more info than I was able to :). Thanks for responding. Sorry to hear that turning Origin off gave you problems. Seems like they're a pain no matter which way you have it!
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    That's alright, I was just curious what would happen, so I saved first. I have no problem with Origin being open, myself, as I have 16GB of RAM to blow. xD But yeah, pretty lame that they made it a requirement for an almost-completely-offline game.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄