Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for witches in TS4!

Comments

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love your list! Other things I would want would be seances, the ability for children to cast spells like TS1, and toadification, clone drone, and imaginary friend spells from TS1. And the memory spell from TS2. Actually, I want all of it back.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Spells_(The_Sims:_Makin'_Magic)
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    > @munchie885 said:
    > I loved the haunting spell in TS3... and these witch powers remind me of American Horror Story: Coven.

took a little from coven, some from charmed, witches of east end, a teeny bit from (my fave) buffy, and from other sims games! :)

> @ReganHarris7 said:
    > Awesome ideas; this is definitely a Supernatural ep I would be keen to see. I don't think these powers are too outlandish either; they seem like a natural next step from TS3 to TS4.

thank you!! i was trying to only list ideas that i thought could actually be implemented. o:)
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    creationsofmoniccreationsofmonic Posts: 122 Member
    I would love this! Just hope that the witches are more like this then in Sims 3. :D
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    thank god this isnt a multiplayer game
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    thank god this isnt a multiplayer game

Yup, no need for balance. We can have whatever overpowered character we want, which is why some occults are considered to be "easy mode".
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    <3
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    These are some great ideas! If the coven one is implimented, it would definitely take playing the Wiccaowski brothers (my warlock trio from TS2) to a whole 'nother level this time around!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    i'm looking at that old survey again, specifically for this:

"Magic University:
    Join your fellow sorcerers at a school specializing in hexes, potions, and dragonology. Do you have the skills and commitment to gain the rank of Supreme Dragon Handler, or will you drop out and be stripped of your powers forever?"

IF this expansion happens, i hope all the focus isn't on dragons, assuming that this is where witches would be added. personally i don't care for dragons enough to be okay with the pack hindering the witch gameplay.

also "will you drop out and be stripped of your powers forever" i really hope you wouldn't HAVE to send your sim to the university to use magic... i'd prefer witches remain a life state and have the ability to use magic anytime, anywhere.
    Post edited by BOY on
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I love your ideas! The thing is, with all the Occults, they need to not be forgotten once they have been introduced. Say we get Witches before Pets and Seasons... they darn well BETTER add familiars for Witches and weather spells for them as well! And I'm not just talking some silly "totem" where each Occult gets to have ONE weather effect. They also need to have incredible wardrobe options from fantasy sorceress robes to slinky "modern" outfits to Victorian "traditional" witchy outfits complete with MORE THAN ONE HAT! AND we need some LONG hairstyles for our Witches! We also need both Wands AND STAFFS! AND our array of brooms! It would also be fantastic if we got some particularly "witchy" decor objects as well... books, a crystal ball, some gargoyle statues, a chalice and an ornate dagger, all of which can be placed on surfaces. And an ALTAR table for these objects would be pretty fantastic as well. AND WITCHY WALL ART!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    > @AmaraRena said:

in makin' magic there was that spell that could turn pets into humans if you had the unleashed expansion. i love when the expansions are connected! not even just the occults but any connection is nice. the totem was kinda a connection between seasons and supernatural in 3, so hopefully there'll be some connections here as well. :)
    Post edited by BOY on
  • Options
    resurrecting this thread rn.

tumblr_m7wt4xMfoA1rsn3z0o1_400.gif

updated the original post, changed a few descriptions... hoping for a supernatural life-state in Get Together!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With Get Together, you can create a club (coven) and allow anyone you want and meet anywhere you want and do whatever you want.
  • Options
    VortexWarhorseVortexWarhorse Posts: 49 Member
    I love witches and magic, would love to see them return. And they're pretty sweet ideas.
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Posts: 54 Member
    I love these ideas :3
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    We need Once Upon a Time's Style of magic.

Regina's Fireballs
    Cora Ripping out Hearts and Enchanting them.
    Poofing in a cloud of smoke.
    Maleficent's Dragon transformations
    Rumplestiltskin's Swag.

All I ask is Sorcerers instead of Witches and Wands are made optional. I shouldn't have to cheat to use hand magic off the bat.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    cfraser10cfraser10 Posts: 41 Member
    These are great ideas! I hope EA makes something like this. :D
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    You should tweet this to the sim gurus..the sims 2 witches were hands down the best..they had good spells, evil spells, and even neutral spells, they could travel to fortress of light or dark to get ingredients for spells, they were fierce lol heres a video..if they brought back sims 2 witches and every feature they had it would be amazing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=un6gkDC6vGY
  • Options
    Jerrello wrote: »
    You should tweet this to the sim gurus..the sims 2 witches were hands down the best..they had good spells, evil spells, and even neutral spells, they could travel to fortress of light or dark to get ingredients for spells, they were fierce lol heres a video..if they brought back sims 2 witches and every feature they had it would be amazing.

i just tweeted 'em. wasn't sure who to tweet so i included Graham, Lakshmi, Lyndsay and Rachel. hopefully they take a look. :) and yes! i used to love the witches in TS2.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I just hope they make it so you can keep them optional only. The ideas are cute, but I wouldn't want them in my game.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    kit wrote: »

i just tweeted 'em. wasn't sure who to tweet so i included Graham, Lakshmi, Lyndsay and Rachel. hopefully they take a look. :) and yes! i used to love the witches in TS2.

I also tweeted them. :) Let us know if you have any news.
  • Options

I also tweeted them. :) Let us know if you have any news.

thanks! i will let you know if they reply or anything. :)
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    after witches are added in any sims game, every sim i make from then on is a witch, including my simself. so obviously i'd love for them to return!
    emotions being introduced in TS4 could mean great things for witches. >:)

i'm going to include examples for how the powers i suggest could be used, not just list powers for the sake of it! some ideas are from previous sims games.

1. covens - witches should be able to form covens. they could brew potions together, practice harmless spells on each other, and have powerful spells that require multiple witches in order to be cast. (100% success raising the dead, weather manipulation) - Get Together makes me wonder if the club system could be used to form a coven eventually, seeing as you can create your own unique club.

2. familiars - (cats! and maybe: birds/owls/snakes?/toads?) once TS4: PETS and witches are playable together, familiars should be introduced. familiars would have a more ethereal, maybe ghostly? look and would help witches cast spells more successfully, build magic related skills, could search for collectibles/ingredients for potions/spells, etc.

3. alchemy/potions* - (basically already in game for Outdoor Retreat, just needs some new magical components!) make love potions, potions that make sims fall asleep, drain their needs, erase their memory, stop/reverse/speed up aging, make a sim sick/cure a sick sim, change their emotions, increase power level of witches, remove powers, etc *not exclusive to witches, although witches should get exclusive potions/elixirs*

4. active and passive powers!!! - i think it'd be cool if every witch had one unique power by default. (a la Charmed and AHS: Coven) but there could be a lifetime reward titled "Sorceress/Sorcerer Supreme" that would grant them multiple powers or every power

(*) EMPATHY (passive) - witches with the power of empathy feel the emotions of the sims around them (this would cause some major mood swings... positive and negative moodlets of sims near your sim would influence the emotions of the empath. similar to how the emotional auras already work in game.)

(*) LIMITED SHAPESHIFTING* (active) - shapeshifting witches could transform into cats. in this form they can hunt, search for collectibles, cat naps instead of naps, etc. in their human form there could be a few cute cat jokes/puns as options or something... shedding on furniture, etc. *only available with PETS expansion*

(*) PYROKINESIS* (active) - set fire to sims and lots (like ghosts that died by fire and pyromaniacs + witches in TS3), start random fires when angry, *immune to fire*

(*) ASTRAL PROJECTION* (active) - a whole new way to multitask. this power would be very useful! either the power projects an astral form of your sim that is active at the same time as the real sim, with needs that don't decay, and a timer on the projection once activated. OR just create an astral version of your sim to do whatever - read, cook, clean, etc. - while your actual sim rests and raises their energy. *ASTRAL FORM CAN ONLY BE USED ON THE SAME LOT AS THE SIMS' PHYSICAL BODY*

(*) TIME MANIPULATION* (active) - freeze time on the lot your sim is on. prevent fires from spreading, freeze a dying sim while you convince the grim reaper to spare them, etc *other witches/familiars do not freeze*

(*) LEVITATION (active) - this would be more of a walk style available in CAS than an actual power

(*) IMMORTALITY (passive) - your sim does not age. witch children are not usually born with the same powers as their parents so they will grow old (unless born immortal, then they age up to YA/Adult and stay that age forever), while their parent stays young!

(*) RESURRECTION/RESURGENCE* (active/passive) - these sims can successfully raise the dead and have a chance to come back themselves after death. *other witches can also raise the dead, but with a higher chance of raising a zombie instead of a normal sim. resurrecting a sim with the help of your coven will lower the risk of raising a zombie.*

(*) TELEPORTATION (active) - (now in game thanks to Spa Day!) teleport anywhere instantly *small chance to backfire. you teleport to a random spot, fall, gain an embarrassed moodlet*

(*) TELEPATHY/MIND CONTROL (passive/active) - speak with sims and work on your relationship no matter where they are, like cell phones but.. minus the phone. probably useless until you get the the mind control aspect that would allow you to temporarily gain control of any sim.

(*) NATURE MANIPULATION* (active) - master the gardening skill, make all types of plants grow instantly, talk to plants, *plants react to emotions - decay when your sim is angry/sad, bloom when happy/flirty* (with the effect of flowers blossoming at your feet when happy? like plantsims in TS3.)

(*) AURA READING/MANIPULATION (passive/active) - your sim can see an aura surrounding other sims. (green aura = happy, red = angry, pink = flirty, etc), your sims can manipulate the aura of another sim to change their emotion at will.

5. spells - learn from spell books and ancient tomes, including white magic + black magic books! magic duels! your sims can also fill the pages of their own book of spells to pass down the family tree. wands optional.

o:) BLESSINGS o:) - good luck, make happy/confident, inspire, increase motives, skill boost, protection, etc

>:) CURSES >:) - make sad/angry, bladder/hygiene curse, attack with bees, ruin sims relationships, bad luck, etc

(*) SPELLS (*) - love spell, fertility spell, conversion spell, lightning strike/meteor strike (chance to kill sim), animate objects, banish sim, erase memory, put a sim to sleep, force blast (telekinetically blast sims)

household spells - clean, upgrade, repair objects, small rain clouds for watering plants, conjure perfect quality meals

i think that's all i've got for now, lol... what are your ideas and what do you think of these?

***edit:
    1: if that old rumored magic university pack is released, please do not make it so that we have to send our sims to the university to be a witch/use magic! and please let witches remain a life state, not just a minor skill or object for normal sims.

2: updated some things for recent GPs and EPs, a few things are now in game that could be expanded upon with the eventual addition of witches:

Outdoor Retreat - alchemy
    Spa Day - teleportation
    Get Together - covens with the club system?***
    By the way things are going I will be happy if we get just the cats. smiley-confused005.gif But I agree with what you posted. Witches were one of the best Life States in TS2.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I tried, I never got a response, but I want to believe they took a look and saved it, for future reference.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    I love the ideas you posted @kit I can not wait until witches are added back into the game. They are my favorite life state.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    juuust brushing up on my necromancy and resurrecting this thread because i'm excited about the recent vampire GP rumors. especially the possible power/perk system. really hoping witches get a game pack later and maybe some of the powers i've listed.

i'd change some things now though. like, instead of having a chance of being born into immortality like i suggested earlier, i like the idea of it being sort of lich-like. having to perform a ritual, fetching the necessary components to perform such a ritual. or making a deal with the reaper and having some sort of price to pay.

and with the semi-recent addition of the "can't get pregnant/can't impregnate other sims" options in CAS, what if a fertility ritual or spell could temporarily bypass this?

i'm gonna keep trying to come up with new ideas, and of course anyone is welcome to share theirs! :blush:
    Post edited by BOY on