Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Help?

Does anyone know how to install script mods? Apparently someone said to just take the whole Zipped file and put it in the /Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder but its not working. I am trying to use the mod to allow me to have more than 8+ Sims. When I go into my game I don't see any mods under game options... :(

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    You also have to go into Game Options (not sure what it is called specifically) and check a box to permit script mods. Then a window will pop up as you load the game showing all your mods.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Make sure you read in the install instructions carefully. Some require extracting, some don't, some require editing a text file, or adding empty folders. Read over their instruction a few times and make sure you interpreted the instructions correctly as they are all different.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    StuStuie wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to install script mods? Apparently someone said to just take the whole Zipped file and put it in the /Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder but its not working. I am trying to use the mod to allow me to have more than 8+ Sims. When I go into my game I don't see any mods under game options... :(

You need to back to the site you got your mod from and follow the instructions in their original post. They're generally pretty clear about what you need to do.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    You also have to go into Game Options (not sure what it is called specifically) and check a box to permit script mods. Then a window will pop up as you load the game showing all your mods.

Mylita

Yeah, and that too. ;D
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Ugh. You must've beaten me by a millisecond.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    Make sure you read in the install instructions carefully. Some require extracting, some don't, some require editing a text file, or adding empty folders. Read over their instruction a few times and make sure you interpreted the instructions correctly as they are all different.

Script mods are all the same: they need to stay zipped.

Every other type of mod has to be extracted.

So, you do need to know whether you are dealing with a script mod or not ;) But once you know that, you know what to do with it.