Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestions regarding phones

I like that our Sims have cell phones/smartphones but they don't seem to be used to their full potential. Here are a few things I think could add to their utility:

1) Sims should talk on the phone for longer than 2-3 seconds (2-3 minutes, Simtime).
2) Phone time should add far more to social need than it currently does. It should also add to fun time.
3) Phone time should increase relationship scores. It would be nice if we could select phone talk topics, too.
4) When the phone rings, it rings once. I'd say 90% of the time, I (the player) can't answer before the call is dropped. It needs to ring at least 5 times.
5) If I (the player) can't answer the phone in time, the caller should leave a message or text my Sim. At the very least, the call should have been caller ID'd so my Sim can call back (or not, if it's someone they don't want to talk to).
6) My Sims never check their phones for texts or messages. They should.
7) My Sims apparently like taking selfies (/rolleyes) and pictures of food (again, /rolleyes). Would be nice if I (the player) could see/keep them.

I'm sure there are more ways to make better use of the phones, but this is a start, I hope. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    JLJustineJLJustine Posts: 65 Member
    I agree with you. If I may add something, I would like to see that there are different type of phones. Not all sims should have phone. I think they should be purchased at different prices. The more expensive the phone the more function. Sometimes I make poor sims, and it is not very realistic that they are walking around with a smart phone that makes their life easier.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Works for me, @JLJustine. After all, Sims aren't given a computer to start with. Why shouldn't they also have to buy/upgrade a phone? Perhaps they could start with a very basic, cheapy cheapy phone package (so they can job hunt and travel), but anything beyond the very basics would require an upgrade. Even your poorest Sims would need to have some sort of phone otherwise they wouldn't be able to function in Simworld. But they don't need to have all the bells and whistles right off the bat.

Here's your "like" :).
  • Options
    jodypodyjodypody Posts: 6 New Member
    I think that they definitely should be able to talk on their phones for alot longer, especially for sims with the social attributes!
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Totally agree with this, phones are boring, and stupid that my sim only talks for 1 second, besides the talk don't makes the social high and the relactionship doesn't change -.-