Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Suggestion] Make the loading screens entertaining

SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
As I've mentioned in several posts, I do not like the loading screens at all. For what it's worth, I think it was a poor decision, but at this point, it is what it is. From what I've read, they are not going away. Right now, not only are they long (mine last a minimum of 45 seconds, ranging up to 2 minutes or longer), but they're long and boring.

Since we must endure them if we want to experience Sims 4, why not at least make them entertaining or rewarding? I'm not sure which expansion in Sims 3 introduced the hidden objects game, but it made the loading screens (during the initial load of the game) more tolerable. Is there a reason why this mechanic (or something even better) couldn't be brought over to 4?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**edited to change the position of the phrase "(during the initial load of the game)"...

Comments

• Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I found the amount of time my loads took to be related to the amount of saves I'd racked up. Clearing some of the old ones out brought it back down to 10 seconds. As for why the hidden object wasn't brought over....shudder....that crashed TS3 as often as not. Please, PLEASE don't bring it back.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    the bright white is too bright, maybe tone it down abit with the brightness or add the coloured emotions to it, so it's not in your face white!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    the bright white is too bright, maybe tone it down abit with the brightness or add the coloured emotions to it, so it's not in your face white!

Right!!! It has me feeling like I'm looking at the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »

Right!!! It has me feeling like I'm looking at the light at the end of the tunnel.

it just blinds the crap out of me each time!

• Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    The hidden objects game was patched in The Sims 3 in patch 1.63. :)
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Don't you try to play this game in the dark unless you want some glasses...
  • Options

lol :smiley:

• Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    Mine are so short I'd rather not, but if it doesn't take a toll on gameplay and loading, then I don't really care what happens with them.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I'm 100% against the suggestion.
    Remove loadscreens complately or optimize the code so the loadtime is 1 sec or below at least on SSD.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @EsnesNommoc said:
    > The hidden objects game was patched in The Sims 3 in patch 1.63. :)

Thank you, EsnesNommoc.

With regard to it making the game crash, I never experienced that, and my computer is ooooold (purchased 2005, last updated 2011). For me, Sims 4 is far more crash-prone. I don't recall ever having crashes on 3, but I understand that's not everyone's experience. In any event, surely something can be done to spice up these long, boring and horribly frequent loading screens.

---------------------------------------------------

**edit: hmmm I thought after I got 50 points, I could make proper quotes with the grey box... sorry about the > quotes :(
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member

Yeah can really make you wince.
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I have no issue with loading screens (mine are extremely short 10 seconds ish) but I would like to see a few 'pointless' ones removed!

For example, when you ask another sim on a date it immediately gives a loading screen to the map so you can choose your destination. More often than not I am just wanting to stay where I am so just have to click back again. I'd prefer an option that pops up after asking a sim on a date that asks if you want to travel anywhere on this date 'Yes' or 'No'.

At the moment this 'pointless' loading screen isn't an issue, it only lasts a few seconds BUT if this time is likely to go up , as people seem to think it will, it will become more and more annoying!